DJI RC Plus Compatibility
6419 29 2023-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Curious if anyone received any information on when or if the RC Plus controller will be compatible with the Mavic 3E/3T? While watching Youtube videos [recorded late last year], it was mentioned compatibility may be coming for them. Everything I read says it still is not.
2023-3-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a recent quote from DJI Susan I'd like to dissect-

"The performance of different products is different," - I think this is pretty obvious and goes without saying.

"The remote control hardware of the corresponding design will also be varied from different models."  - While true this is irrelevant. The RC-N1 and RC Pro have varying hardware designs but are compatible with same model drones.

"Currently, M3E/M30/M300 use different remote controls, and they cannot be compatible with one another." - Riiightttt... Just like DJI said Pilot 2 can't be installed on phones, said RC Pro Enterprise isn't compatible with consumer drones, said OcuSync 3 Enterprise is a totally different protocol and so on. All those claims were proven wrong so I don't believe this statement for a second.
2023-3-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-10 08:12
Here's a recent quote from DJI Susan I'd like to dissect-

"The performance of different products is different," -  I think this is pretty obvious and goes without saying.

My RC Pro Enterprise said that it feels like a Nintendo Wii… so I dressed it up like a Nintendo Wii so it didn’t have to suffer an identity crisis due to low self-esteem & jealousy.
2023-3-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 3-10 17:27
My RC Pro Enterprise said that it feels like a Nintendo Wii… so I dressed it up like a Nintendo Wii so it didn’t have to suffer an identity crisis due to low self-esteem & jealousy.

Way to try and keep the poor little guys spirit up. Mine says he feels excluded and shunned from his family. He just wants to play nicely with his other DJI siblings but isn't allowed to. I'll often reassure him that one day he'll be able to join the rest of the gang, even though I don't believe that to be true anymore.
2023-3-10
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Well... ok.  
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry that we did not receive any related information for the time being.
But for any updates, you can stay tuned to our official website.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-13
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compatibility of the RC Plus with the Mav3E platform would be lovely.
2023-3-18
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

gulfpre Posted at 3-18 05:26
Compatibility of the RC Plus with the Mav3E platform would be lovely.

No doubt. The larger screen would be great... I know LifThor makes a bracket for the RC Pro to add a tablet, but the added weight is noticeable to me.
2023-3-18
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Been eyeing that for some time…
2023-3-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Vince91 Posted at 3-18 14:35
No doubt. The larger screen would be great... I know LifThor makes a bracket for the RC Pro to add a tablet, but the added weight is noticeable to me.

Are there tablets that have a HDMI input on them? I'm curious how this would work. I've been looking for a 8-10" HDMI monitor to put on mine but I'm not sure if you'd be able to have touchscreen controls via HDMI or not. The RC Pro's battery is weak so turning it off and having a separate battery for a display would be great.
2023-3-19
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-19 20:52
Are there tablets that have a HDMI input on them? I'm curious how this would work. I've been looking for a 8-10" HDMI monitor to put on mine but I'm not sure if you'd be able to have touchscreen controls via HDMI or not. The RC Pro's battery is weak so turning it off and having a separate battery for a display would be great.

Check out this one:  https://www.tripltek.com/tripltek9
2023-3-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Vince91 Posted at 3-19 21:18
Check out this one:  https://www.tripltek.com/tripltek9

Well that's a first for me. You have to look hard to find it but it says HDMI input through USB C. With a mount, dongle and HDMI cable it'll be an extra 2 pounds on the RC. While not terrible, the biggest hold up I see is you're looking at over $1000 for an extra 1.5" of screen size. With it running Android 12 it also won't work with the Pilot 2 app if you wanted to use it for mission planning. The tablet does look sweet though.
2023-3-20
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-20 03:28
Well that's a first for me. You have to look hard to find it but it says HDMI input through USB C. With a mount, dongle and HDMI cable it'll be an extra 2 pounds on the RC. While not terrible, the biggest hold up I see is you're looking at over $1000 for an extra 1.5" of screen size. With it running Android 12 it also won't work with the Pilot 2 app if you wanted to use it for mission planning. The tablet does look sweet though.

Very true. Hopefully DJI will allow compatibility between the RC Plus and Mavic 3E/T in the near future...
2023-3-20
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vince91 Posted at 3-20 04:06
Very true. Hopefully DJI will allow compatibility between the RC Plus and Mavic 3E/T in the near future...

That would be lovely!
2023-5-1
Use props
Speurhond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11882835 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i already have a dji rc plus for with inspire 3 so it would be great if it also works for the mavic 3 cine
2023-8-31
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

Speurhond Posted at 2023-8-31 04:47
i already have a dji rc plus for with inspire 3 so it would be great if it also works for the mavic 3 cine

Have you tried using the Inspire 3 controller with you Mavic 3 Pro Cine?
1-14 12:33
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Twelvizm Posted at 1-14 12:33

Two totally different protocols being used there. The Inspire 3 RC Plus is only compatible with the Inspire 3. The M30/M300/M350 can also use an RC Plus but not the one which ships with the Inspire 3. DJI should really do a better job at telling people this information because you won't find that posted anywhere in the specs.
1-14 12:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Twelvizm Posted at 1-14 12:33

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the DJI RC Plus (Inspire 3) is not compatible with the Mavic 3 Pro Cine. Thank you for your understanding.
1-19 01:21
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 01:21
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the DJI RC Plus (Inspire 3) is not compatible with the Mavic 3 Pro Cine. Thank you for your understanding.

It's criminal how DJI doesn't do cross compatibility.  It's very transparent that it's just to force us to buy as much as possible.  Which wouldn't hurt my feelings as much if DJI didn't also EOL products so quickly with zero forward/backwards compatibility.
2-15 13:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Twelvizm Posted at 2-15 13:14
It's criminal how DJI doesn't do cross compatibility.  It's very transparent that it's just to force us to buy as much as possible.  Which wouldn't hurt my feelings as much if DJI didn't also EOL products so quickly with zero forward/backwards compatibility.

We're sorry to hear about your feedback regarding this compatibility matter. Rest assured that we're constantly forwarding relevant feedback to our corresponding team for attention.
2-22 00:49
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Twelvizm Posted at 2-15 13:14

yes I agree and I am so tired of it , it should be forbidden for companies to act like this (and it allready is actually ) , it is so obvious to all of us consumers  and DJI  has gone way to far
2-28 03:02
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

fansba3b7009 Posted at 2-28 03:02
yes I agree and I am so tired of it , it should be forbidden for companies to act like this (and it allready is actually ) , it is so obvious to all of us consumers  and DJI  has gone way to far

What are you referring to when you talk about the ban on not making products intercompatible?  a particular law?
2-28 03:39
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

these days  I bring an rc plus and an rcpro on remote shoots, carry lots of extra weight in my backpack on a mountain...this is just stupid
also dji Gogols...but hey, they cant even connect at all to manics and Inspire...go try to see your screen in a snowy place

I am tired of companies making things the least compatible possible just to sell more products,     for example apple was forbidden to use lightning  and look how long they  tried to fight it with stupid excuses
...after the were forced by the Eu to use usbc I bought my first iPhone since 15years again

this planet will run out of resources in the very near future, electric waste is shipped to Africa every day  ...I had to buy so many different remotes  and batteries from dji ...its embarrassing , this has to stop
2-28 23:20
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3878802 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Any updates on this? Getting a mavic 3T and would love to have the RC plus working with it.
3-11 19:30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

tyler947 Posted at 3-11 19:30
Any updates on this? Getting a mavic 3T and would love to have the RC plus working with it.

From DJI? No. If they wanted to make it compatible they could have easily done it long ago. Want proof? You can buy an RC Plus on eBay right now that works with most Ocusync 3, 3+ and 3 Enterprise drones. DJI RC PLUS CONTROLLER FOR DJI MAVIC 3 / MAVIC 3 PRO / MAVIC 3T / MAVIC 3E

This modded RC Plus is also quite a bit cheaper than what DJI sells it for. Is anybody still buying DJI's excuse of incompatibility?
3-11 20:18
Use props
TheTechnoPilot
New

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 01:21

I’m sorry but no we do not understand the lack of compatibility of the RC Pro Plus with the Mavic 3 Pro Cine or any other O3 drone. The fact that they are not cross compatible when it is entirely software limited is unfathomable and inexcusable, especially between the Inspire 3 and Mavic 3 Pro which are used extensively together on the same film sets. DJI needs to actually listen to it professional clients and step up to the plate in this regard.
3-23 21:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TheTechnoPilot Posted at 3-23 21:36
I’m sorry but no we do not understand the lack of compatibility of the RC Pro Plus with the Mavic 3 Pro Cine or any other O3 drone. The fact that they are not cross compatible when it is entirely software limited is unfathomable and inexcusable, especially between the Inspire 3 and Mavic 3 Pro which are used extensively together on the same film sets. DJI needs to actually listen to it professional clients and step up to the plate in this regard.

Hi, TheTechnoPilot. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable feedback. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
3-25 02:53
Use props
catalinbw
lvl.1

Botswana

Is compatible with M3 pro, and are already few hacked controllers on ebay, half the price.
3-29 13:35
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

catalinbw Posted at 3-29 13:35
Is compatible with M3 pro, and are already few hacked controllers on ebay, half the price.

Also the Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S and all 6 versions of the Mavic 3. Plus the normal drones. It is pitiful that it takes a hacked RC to make it work as it should out of the box. Still, DJI says it's not compatible. DJI wonders why nobody trusts them, this is one of the reasons. You lie like this while thinking your customers are idiots.
3-29 14:44
Use props
Wyldeman
lvl.2

United States

It looks like this individual has it working on a Mavic 3T…

https://youtu.be/_uPQ5EjwlGk?si=fuqTnMOwNIAAwm3R
3-31 16:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules