Sub 250g FPV
3551 18 2023-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
33db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs to make a sub 250G FPV drone, that works with existing goggles, and fix the forum it's hard to navigate.
2023-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

why do you believe dji needs a sub-250 fpv drone, any suggestions or ideas why this would be advantageous or why the avata wasn't made sub-250?
2023-3-11
Use props
33db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-11 17:56
why do you believe dji needs a sub-250 fpv drone, any suggestions or ideas why this would be advantageous or why the avata wasn't made sub-250?

First, no registration, second the o3+ works on a sub 250 (3rd party builds) however since most of DJI's customers are not the hardcore fpv guys maybe a sub 250 could bring them on board.

The best reason of all? I want one.
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, 33db. Thank you for reaching out. About the FPV drone, I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. As for the forum, can you please elaborate on your concern so that we can forward it as well? Thank you.
2023-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

33db Posted at 3-11 18:18
First, no registration, second the o3+ works on a sub 250 (3rd party builds) however since most of DJI's customers are not the hardcore fpv guys maybe a sub 250 could bring them on board.

The best reason of all? I want one.

sorry i thought you were in the usa and that's why i asked.  perhaps the avata2 will be sub-250 but honestly i would prefer the 250g limit raise to 1.
2023-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 get idea,  especially for EU.
2023-3-12
Use props
33db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-11 21:45
sorry i thought you were in the usa and that's why i asked.  perhaps the avata2 will be sub-250 but honestly i would prefer the 250g limit raise to 1.

1? 1 Kilo? Yes that would be nice, but for people freestyling, just flying around their yard a sub 250 gram drone would be ideal.
I bet DJI could get a 10 minute flight time with their tech.
2023-3-12
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

Something like this 249 with O3 Airunit using RC2 and Goggles V2. 18min flight time with RTH and FBW ect.

2023-3-20
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

Tadango Posted at 3-20 03:16
Something like this  249 with O3 Airunit using RC2 and Goggles V2. 18min flight time with RTH and FBW ect.

[view_image]

What is this plane?  I've never seen it.  Your design?  Sweet!
Would a motion controller work with this also?

Update: Found the plane.  Zohd Dart
2023-3-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Something like this  249 with O3 Airunit using RC2 and Goggles V2. 18min flight time with RTH and FBW ect.

[view_image]

you would rather get something similar from dji fro US$599?
2023-3-22
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1118091 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[view_image]

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead a little, but I had to comment wrt: how much I love your dart build here!

Where do you have the o3a placed in the plane, how's the airflow? Because that's an absolute dream of an ultra light digiplane!
2023-4-9
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Yes I agree!!!
2023-4-9
Use props
Luke Wallace
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Either that or make a 1s battery compatible VTX system like caddex walksanil and hd zero have, I currently have the goggles 2 and want to keep under the 250g limit, i cant with my mobula8 03 but i want to fly smaller quads also like whoops the size of the 03 system is too heavy, I believe a small 10g or lighter air unit would absolutely fly off of the shelves, I'm currently thinking about selling all my dji stuff and going with either wlaksnil or hd zero as this is a real problem for me
2-10 15:28
Use props
djiuser_R0hMaEO6OZd7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 864652 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-3-11 19:16
Hi, 33db. Thank you for reaching out. About the FPV drone, I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. As for the forum, can you please elaborate on your concern so that we can forward it as well? Thank you.

A dji cinewoop fpv sub 250g drone would be great... There are many people who work with their drones like me, who fly indoors or in narrow outdoors, even with people nearby, where a cinewoop would be an excellent work tool. .. DJI as a company should know that its O3 air unit sells a lot, it is incredible. There are many brands manufacturing their drones with the o3 air unit such as BETAFPV, FLYWOO, etc... I do not understand why today DJI has not manufactured a cinewoop sub 250g fpv drone in the style of pavo pico, pavo 20, flylens85, etc. .. If manufactured by DJI it would be a much better drone than the aforementioned ones due to its excellent quality... It should be noted that the sub 250g cinewoop drones have a very large market, since not only people like me would buy them, but also many people to fly it in the city, at home, parks, etc., since it would be a very permissive weight.
Thank you.
2-11 02:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_R0hMaEO6OZd7 Posted at 2-11 02:54
A dji cinewoop fpv sub 250g drone would be great... There are many people who work with their drones like me, who fly indoors or in narrow outdoors, even with people nearby, where a cinewoop would be an excellent work tool. .. DJI as a company should know that its O3 air unit sells a lot, it is incredible. There are many brands manufacturing their drones with the o3 air unit such as BETAFPV, FLYWOO, etc... I do not understand why today DJI has not manufactured a cinewoop sub 250g fpv drone in the style of pavo pico, pavo 20, flylens85, etc. .. If manufactured by DJI it would be a much better drone than the aforementioned ones due to its excellent quality... It should be noted that the sub 250g cinewoop drones have a very large market, since not only people like me would buy them, but also many people to fly it in the city, at home, parks, etc., since it would be a very permissive weight.
Thank you.

Thank you so much for sharing your idea with us! We are always excited to hear from our customers and appreciate the time you've taken to help us make our future DJI products even better. Your input is invaluable, and we will certainly consider your thoughts as we continue to innovate and improve. Thank you for being a part of the DJI community and for contributing to our mission of creating cutting-edge technology. If you have any more ideas or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out.
2-16 01:03
Use props
MacNath
New
Flight distance : 330151 ft
Switzerland

YES! Flying sub 250g would make Drone-life in Switzerland much easier. I live near a Heli-port and can't fly anything heavier unless i ask for permission every time. If i had a Cinewhoop below 250g it would be perfect to practice with. I'm looking at BetaFPV's Pavo 20 and 25v2 for now but if there was a dji option i would probably prefer it... And i might not be the only one ;)
3-13 05:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MacNath Posted at 3-13 05:39
YES! Flying sub 250g would make Drone-life in Switzerland much easier. I live near a Heli-port and can't fly anything heavier unless i ask for permission every time. If i had a Cinewhoop below 250g it would be perfect to practice with. I'm looking at BetaFPV's Pavo 20 and 25v2 for now but if there was a dji option i would probably prefer it... And i might not be the only one ;)

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that we will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Please note that we currently don't have any information related to the future products of DJI however, we would love to share this idea with the team. Should you have further inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We appreciate your valued support.
3-13 23:28
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heres my sub 250g cinewhoop compliant with Remote ID and anti-collision lighting. 750mAh LiPo yeilding 7 minute flight time. A 450mAh LiHv runs about 4.5 minutes. A 550mAh LiPo runs 3.5 minutes.

3-24 11:51
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

pllphoto Posted at 3-24 11:51
Heres my sub 250g cinewhoop compliant with Remote ID and anti-collision lighting. 750mAh LiPo yeilding 7 minute flight time. A 450mAh LiHv runs about 4.5 minutes. A 550mAh LiPo runs 3.5 minutes.

[view_image]

very nice bird
but dji is not on "hardcore" fpv market, its on consumer market drones
i dont see any chance for dji to release a fpv drone without some consumer flying modes

and even if it will have these, a sub 250g fpv makes little sense in the dji line-up today
it will have less range, shorter battery life and a worse camera than a mini 4
so, not much market for it

and as you may see, avata 2 is on the way so the direction is clear

3-24 13:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules