Magnetic Interference DJI Drones
1001 12 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HAILSTONE AERIAL FILMS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

Can not calibrate compass due to magnetic interference. This issue has been going on for years now and DJI have still not resolved this. I could not take off the other day because the DJI app said strong magnetic interference, so can not calibrate the compass. Then when I finally got the compass calibrated, I can re start the drone (from exactly that spot that the app said magnetic interference), with no compass issues at all. This exact thing happened to me again yesterday with my Inspire 2. Could not calibrate compass on top of a carpark due to magnetic interference, where yes there is steel under the ground. But then after I finally manage to calibrate, I can go to the exact same spot with no compass issues at all. So why DJI, the same steel is there in the carpark, nothing has changed, so why can is there no longer a magnetic interference there. Its so easy for DJI to say, remove keys, i watches, anything magnetic. Its a load of rubbish, they really don’t know the answer. I can calibrate the compass with my phone in my pocket, keys in my pocket, next to my car with the radio on, no problem. Then I can go to a field in the middle of nowhere, only grass, no power lines, no keys in my pocket, no cell phone, away from the car and I get the "Can not calibrate compass due to strong magnetic interference" calibration issue again. Just admit guys from DJI, you have no way to explain this. It is very frustrating when we go to a job with our client standing there and have to say sorry we can’t do this job for you because the compass is not working. Its like DJI do not understand how bad it is when you can not take off. Many of us are professional operators, this is not good enough DJI

2023-3-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I often, but not always, get this irritation with my Mavic2Zoom. And it's nothing to do with actual interference, I believe, since it occurs in grassy fields as  often on a tarmac path.  A glitch in the DJI Go4 software could be the problem I suppose.  It's always easy enough to resolve it by going through the calibration procedure, but it's an annoyance all the same.
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which drone you are using except for the Inspire 2 you mentioned? Also, may we know if you ever sent it back for tesing?
2023-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got this too with the Mavic 2 Pro but not other drones,   it seems more sensitive to steel inside structures like  rebar in concrete.  
2023-3-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:03
I got this too with the Mavic 2 Pro but not other drones,   it seems more sensitive to steel inside structures like  rebar in concrete.

That's true but doesn't explain why it sometimes does it on virgin grassland.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 01:22
That's true but doesn't explain why it sometimes does it on virgin grassland.

Id pout that down to now really knowing whats under the grass.    Theres a spot I fly from where on the ground it will trigger it,  but move 20ft along the grass and its fine,  And it's repeatable so I assume there is something under there.
2023-3-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:26
Id pout that down to now really knowing whats under the grass.    Theres a spot I fly from where on the ground it will trigger it,  but move 20ft along the grass and its fine,  And it's repeatable so I assume there is something under there.

A job for the Detectorists
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 01:28
A job for the Detectorists

Now we need a new season of that show for sure.  
2023-3-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:30
Now we need a new season of that show for sure.

Not really our cup of tea.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 06:52
Not really our cup of tea.

oh,  for some reason I thought you watched that.  I guess living near the fictional town of Danebury where its set has us more interested.  
2023-3-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 06:58
oh,  for some reason I thought you watched that.  I guess living near the fictional town of Danebury where its set has us more interested.

We used to live in Royston Vasey - but we left
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 07:14
We used to live in Royston Vasey - but we left

As in the league of gentleman.
2023-3-13