1130 17 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115276 ft
  • >>>
United States

Short story long... I bought my Mavic 3 appx 1 year ago. It came with the RC-N1 RC.  

Then about 6 months ago I got a mini 3 pro, which came with a DJI RC with Screen. After about a week, I lost that drone in a bayou. So I thought to repurpose the remote I unbound the RC-N1 RC from my Mavic 3 and bound the RC with Screen to it.

Well, during a recent shoot the RC with Screen remote was left behind as we were packing up. So, I essentially have no remote for my Mavic 3.  

So I was trying to somehow rebind my original RC-N1 to the drone with no success. I called the help desk at DJI.

The tech was very nice but seemed a tiny bit lost. Eventually he had me unbind the mavic 3 entirely from my account. I guess I'm the hopes that that would allow us to repair the drone with its original RC-N1 remote then add the entire package back into my account.

As you might expect this is not going smoothly. With their help, I cannot even get the drone paired with its original remote let alone back onto my account.

Does anyone have a thought on this issue. I've been in the phone with DJI 3 times on the matter so just thought I'd look for another opinion.

Thanks
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us more information? Like your account and SN?
2023-3-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to be clear when you talk about pairing are you talking about the connection established between the drone and the controller in order to control the drone and exchange data with it?
When you talk about binding etc. is that for insurance purposes?
2023-3-12
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

When I say "pairing" yes I mean connecting the controller to the drone. "Binding" is the term DJI uses when you connect a device to your DJI account so you can activate it.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-12 17:45
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us more information? Like your account and SN?

Hi Wanda when I reply like this is it a PM to you. I'm not wanting to inadvertently post my drones SN and my account # to an open forum. Thank you for responding so quickly
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x Posted at 3-13 00:38
Hi Wanda when I reply like this is it a PM to you. I'm not wanting to inadvertently post my drones SN and my account # to an open forum. Thank you for responding so quickly

No it doesn't appear to be private to you. Wanda how can I send you that info privately?
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x Posted at 3-13 00:38
No it doesn't appear to be private to you. Wanda how can I send you that info privately?

Thanks. We reached out to you in PM. Did you see that?
2023-3-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In that case, have you tried removing the memory card from the drone? A corrupt file or badly named photo/video once prevented a drone of mini from connecting to its controller.
Did you activate pairing on both the drone and the RC-N1?
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-13 00:50
Thanks. We reached out to you in PM. Did you see that?

I don't see where a private message inbox is?
2023-3-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably in the drop down menu, bell like icon, at the top right hand side of the forum.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-12 17:45

I see no private message
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-13 06:32
Probably in the drop down menu, bell like icon, at the top right hand side of the forum.

I only have a drop down menu on the upper left and there is no bell icon
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-13 06:32

9F44339E-7DAD-4AE8-B18F-A32D4131D46D.png
2023-3-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh are you on a phone? If so, no idea sorry, post 10 was aimed at a computer.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_b4RvmC3cJa6x
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-13 09:42
Ahh are you on a phone? If so, no idea sorry, post 10 was aimed at a computer.

Yes I found it on my laptop. Thanks. Hey do you know if there was a resolution for people buying used drones and not being able to bind them to their DJI account because the original owner had not unbound them from their accounts?  I saw you on that thread.
2023-3-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know the second owner is screwed but I also think DJI are correct in NOT, as a general rule, undoing the binding ..... though I do think they should perhaps consider doing it if they received an email from the email-address of the binding account confirming that the drone had been returned to a seller e.g. Amazon, or sold to someone else.

In fact I think it would be a good idea if DJI would extend the binding/grounding scheme to allow the owner of any DJI drone to bind the drone and perhaps the controller even if Flyaway insurance is not bought. I would bind my drones if I could but the binding, in the absence of flyaway insurance, I have tried with a Mini 2 prevents nothing.
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, so may we confirm more information with you?
1. DJI Account you logged into the app and the remote controller bound to before.
2. Please record a video showing us the process of the binding.
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, we would like to confirm more information with you in PM. Please check.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules