Motors for mini 3 and mini 3 pro
3825 5 2023-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurgelme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1657 ft
Norway

Is there anyone who can confirm or deny whether the motors for the mini 3 pro and mini 3 are the same?
I got a motor for the mini 3 from a friend who drowned his drone in salt water, but since I have the mini 3 pro myself I wonder if they are the same.
The idea was an experiment to replace the ball bearing and bronze bearing in the motor with two full ceramic ball bearings, i think was 2x5x2.5

2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Not compatible, the motor of the DJI Mini 3 Pro is not the same as the motor of the DJI Mini 3. The location of the propellers is different. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-15
Use props
Atomschlumpf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254354 ft
Germany

To expand a bit on what Paladin said, the motors of the Mini 3 Pro have the propellers mounted on a metal tube with a screw on top. The mini 3 Motors don't have that metal tube, instead there's just a long screw that screws right into the motors
2023-3-15
Use props
Aurgelme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1657 ft
Norway

Atomschlumpf Posted at 3-15 05:00
To expand a bit on what Paladin said, the motors of the Mini 3 Pro have the propellers mounted on a metal tube with a screw on top. The mini 3 Motors don't have that metal tube, instead there's just a long screw that screws right into the motors

Thanks for the good explanation!
Bought a new mini 3 pro motor from ali x. instead
2023-3-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Atomschlumpf Posted at 3-15 05:00
To expand a bit on what Paladin said, the motors of the Mini 3 Pro have the propellers mounted on a metal tube with a screw on top. The mini 3 Motors don't have that metal tube, instead there's just a long screw that screws right into the motors

That implies that the spare blade packs  for the two models  differ as well .... unless DJI include both types of screw in a generic Mini 3 blade pack.
It might be an idea to highlight this in a separate thread i.e start a thread about it. I bet a few people are unaware of the difference and might buy the wrong type.
2023-3-15
Use props
Atomschlumpf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254354 ft
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-15 08:14
That implies that the spare blade packs  for the two models  differ as well .... unless DJI include both types of screw in a generic Mini 3 blade pack.
It might be an idea to highlight this in a separate thread i.e start a thread about it. I bet a few people are unaware of the difference and might buy the wrong type.

They do in fact differ! I had to make the unforunate discovery myself.
The propeller blades are from what I can tell the same. However you get different screws with the sets. Since DJI recommends to always change the screws with the propellers you cannot use a Mini 3 propeller pack with the Mini 3 Pro, unless you use the old screws. Same goes of course with a Mini 3 Pro propeller pack and the Mini 3.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules