Best settings MTB Videos?
3988 3 2023-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BOTG0MTB#
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Having jumped ship from the company we shall not name...

I will have an osmo 3 and not much experience with new settings, I will be chin mounting the camera to my mtb helmet.

hdr
24 fps (i presume using 24 over 30 will increase sense of speed)
5600k WB
HDR on
auto shutter
wide setting
cine setting (will we ever get slog2?)
standard rock steady
-05ev (used this on gp not sure about osmo what to set it at)

Anybody use this camera for MTB riding? I am usually out in the daylight moors on hills, but very occasionally in forests.
Any advice on best settings for filming and post in Davinici very appreciated.

TY.
2023-3-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I am using it just on a regular road bike. I put it on full auto with Rock Steady, Wide or Ultrawide, mounted on the handlebar (but lately using it more on a neck mount) and it’s just beautiful. Settings? Who cares? Xperiment and settle with the one that works best for you. I found 24 fps a little choppy for biking since it’s fast action but who knows. Maybe you prefer 24, in which case just use 24 :-)

But if you want more "sense of speed" just use Hyperlapse on 2x.

2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BOTG0MTB#. Thank you for reaching out. The video from this thread uploaded by Johansenfoto might help you out with one of the settings you needed: https://forum.dji.com/thread-286805-1-1.html
2023-3-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

MTB is action so I would choose 60 fps. 24 or 30 in my opinion doesn't look realistic (too laggy) on action. Also the stabilization works best with higher shutterspeed. 24 fps is a Hollywood thing, and after that people use it for cinematic look on videos for motion blur.

You can't shoot HDR and D-CineLike at same time, and HDR are limited to 30 fps.
And D-CineLike have almost enough colors, I use around +60 to +74 on Saturation in Davinci Resolve.

I doesn't think you need too low value on EV settings, since OA3 do record pretty dark shadows after latest patch that I have noticed. But don't quote me on that, since I haven't tested it out properly yet.

Not sure if there is anyone else here on forum that do MTB videos, but some of us do make POV videos while driving atv (me) and motorcycles + some do ordinary bicycle on asphalt.
So I shoot always in 60 fps while driving, but in winter while snow plowing I do record 30 fps if light is bad.
I also use Auto ISO to switch between 100-800 in summer and shutterspeed at Auto.
2023-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules