Action 3 video quality and wind noise
1832 3 2023-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iiKucE29TbH5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143835 ft
Poland

Hi DJI community. I've tested my Osmo Action 3 mounted to the car's roof with the "Windslayer" from eBay. So I have two questions: the video quality isn't as good as expected and the audio is still moderately windy. The footage was recorded in D-Cinelike, auto exposure with -0.3EV. FOV: Wide.
I have 2 same videos graded and plain from the camera. No audio editing was performed here.
No color grade

Graded

So the main questions here are: how to improve video quality, how to get rid of the wind noise?
2023-3-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since you are not recording speech but just road noise, I would attach a lavalier and bring it into the cabin. Just record the engine sound. There aren’t many microphones that could withstand 30 mph wind.
Another option could be to take all the audio off and replace it with other audio that you might be able to capture from an open side window out of the wind, and paste in car sounds going past in post. Or put music on the top and lose the noise.

What do you feel is wrong with the picture?
2023-3-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I mute the clip  and add my own music, most peoplewill get turned off if its just  natural camera sounds, it be best to narrate, add something you know the audience will like, and lower down the original track,  just food for thought
2023-3-16
Use props
djiuser_iiKucE29TbH5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143835 ft
Poland

Iancraig10 Posted at 3-16 05:24
Since you are not recording speech but just road noise, I would attach a lavalier and bring it into the cabin. Just record the engine sound. There aren’t many microphones that could withstand 30 mph wind.
Another option could be to take all the audio off and replace it with other audio that you might be able to capture from an open side window out of the wind, and paste in car sounds going past in post. Or put music on the top and lose the noise.

Thanks! Have to find a cheap mic to test its placement.
As for me shadows on the video look a little bit harsh.
2023-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules