S mode on RC 2 does not hold?
968 10 2023-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

For some strange reason, my Avata always starts in N mode, although my Remote Controller 2 is set to S mode. In order to get to S mode, I have to switch it to N and then back to S.
Is there anybody else having this problem?
2023-3-18
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939347 ft
Canada

I believe this is normal behavior. It always starts in normal mode when the controller is restarted whether the switch is set to set to sport or manual.
2023-3-18
Use props
celltx
lvl.4

Israel

If this is normal, what's the point to make the RC2 mode switch with 3 stable positions? One could just use a button cycling between the modes like on motion controller.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, celltx. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your concern to our related team for confirmation. We'll keep you updated. Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

celltx Posted at 3-18 04:47
If this is normal, what's the point to make the RC2 mode switch with 3 stable positions? One could just use a button cycling between the modes like on motion controller.
... as #2 says.

It always starts in N mode.
So no confusion when you start a new flight...   
2023-3-18
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I concur with @celltx and find it annoying as well. If the switch is on S the mode should be S. I never fly in N mode, hence it takes me two clicks every 15 minutes (after swapping batteries). Not the world but annoying like hell.
It is like having on on/off switch that must be switch to off and only then you can turn it on instead of being just on when it is on.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We just received a confirmation from our designated team. By default, the drone will power on in Normal mode (N-mode) regardless of the remote controller mode. After powering on, switch the remote controller mode again, and the aircraft flight mode and the remote controller setting mode will be consistent. This is to ensure flight safety. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-3-19
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

For M Mode I accept the argument but the difference between N and S, especially during the takeoff, is zero.

Hence please consider changing it. I appreciate your understanding.

PS: Another way to look at it is whoever designed the RC had no clue about how the firmware of the drone will be implemented. Otherwise he would not have used a three way switch for the mode and the gimbal selector but three buttons for each.
2023-3-20
Use props
celltx
lvl.4

Israel

WernerD Posted at 3-20 01:16
For M Mode I accept the argument but the difference between N and S, especially during the takeoff, is zero.

I fully agree. It appears that the state of the 3-way switch is not transmitted to the drone on startup. Pleased add it.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WernerD Posted at 3-20 01:16

We understand your input and we appreciate you sharing it with us. We will communicate your feedback to our designated for attention. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

celltx Posted at 3-20 07:28
I fully agree. It appears that the state of the 3-way switch is not transmitted to the drone on startup. Pleased add it.

Thanks for the added suggestions. Rest assured that your concerns will reach the related team. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules