Does anyone have drone insurance (other than DJI or homeowners)
1372 6 2023-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ws46060
Second Officer
United States

For recreational drone flying, my homeowner's insurance provides me with a little bit of liability insurance.  And I have DJI care refresh for hull insurance.
I recently got my part 107 license and am looking into additional coverage from a company like https://portal.skywatch.ai/insurance/annual.

Has anyone purchased additional insurance, even if commerical endeavors aren't the primary flight mode?

The reason I ask is--When I fly at twilight with an anti-collision beacon I am over the 250 g limit for recreational flying.  Therefore I would fly under part 107 rules, which would not be covered by my homeowners insurance.

Any thought on this?

2023-3-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

[in the usa] you can't fly a drone more than 250g recreationally at night?  why not?
check out state farm for insurance.
2023-3-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

First, you are confused. There is no 250 gram limit for recreational. The weight limit is for registration of the drone. As a 107, you can STILL fly recreationally. It is about reason for flying, NOT weight.
2023-3-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Coverdrone.
2023-3-22
Use props
Larry3215
lvl.2

United States

FYI I just got a quote from my State Farm agent in Washington state for $75/year to cover my Mini3 (not pro) and accessories. No deductable.

Thats the minimum charge. If Im reading the quote correctly the premium would have been $8.00 for a $600 drone, but the minimum is $75. So that $75 would cover a much more $$ setup.

She told me that I was covered for almost anything as long as Im not doing anything illegal and ONLY flying recreationaly. In the fine print it does say it does NOT cover normal wear and tear, vermin, insects or mechanical breakdown.

She also assured me any claims would NOT affect my homeowners or car coverage as far as premium increases.

Ive attached a copy of the policy.

StateFarm coverage.pdf

771.4 KB, Down times: 5

2023-4-3
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

In Canada we have Model Aeronautics Association of Canada and in the usa there is https://www.modelaviation.com/how-ama-insurance-works
2023-4-3
Use props
Andensis
lvl.1
Spain

En Europa Coverdrone. 18 euros al año. Es válido en muchos países, no se si en el tuyo es válido.
2023-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules