6748 33 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KhunWasut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51010 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I tried to livestream from my Osmo Action 3 on a Mimo app to facebook, and I couldn't livestream at all. The app says "Starting livestream failed. Settings not saved." No matter how hard I tried it still doesn't work. I also couldn't switch my facebook accounts to live from my pages. The Mimo app is the iOS version. However, I can livestream to YouTube without any issues. Any tips or workarounds so that I can livestream on facebook using just the Osmo Action 3 and an iPhone in an outdoor setting?

Thank you.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. After verification, due to the change of the live streaming agreement of the Facebook platform, the current Facebook live streaming will be restricted and interrupted abnormally.
At present, the usage will be affected in the short term. We recommend you use other platforms for live streaming temporarily. At the same time, we will speed up the improvement of the situation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

videophonics must be shown

DJI  here is  Our Problem. Picphonics at its best. Darwin Lin He is the App side of the DJI,  the Person will try to Resolve your Issue KhunWasut, I'll pass my video shown here, just made to him, if he understand   the concerns and issues presented. they may not know the actual issue exists. as that is not the answer for us.  

Reguards FISH

2023-3-21
Use props
matecito74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27238 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-20 23:14
Hello, there. After verification, due to the change of the live streaming agreement of the Facebook platform, the current Facebook live streaming will be restricted and interrupted abnormally.
At present, the usage will be affected in the short term. We recommend you use other platforms for live streaming temporarily. At the same time, we will speed up the improvement of the situation. Thank you for your understanding.

I have the same problem it's impossibile making livestreaming on facebook
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

matecito74 Posted at 3-21 08:50
I have the same problem it's impossibile making livestreaming on facebook

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This issue has been noticed by our engineers. We will also forward this condition to our related department. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-3-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

like a car you can get a loaner , but with a camera you must wait for the fix, or go to GoPro
2023-3-22
Use props
KhunWasut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51010 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Just to update that I finally got it to work. To livestream on facebook, I need to use the RTMP streaming option and use the RTMP URL and stream key from Facebook. This way I could also live to my pages as well. The only downside is I need to access the desktop site for Facebook on my iPhone to get this option, but that’s no big deal!

Thank you for your replies!
2023-3-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

KhunWasut Posted at 3-26 17:20
Just to update that I finally got it to work. To livestream on facebook, I need to use the RTMP streaming option and use the RTMP URL and stream key from Facebook. This way I could also live to my pages as well. The only downside is I need to access the desktop site for Facebook on my iPhone to get this option, but that’s no big deal!

glad o hear you tried the RTMP, but    the way dji Operates now

we suggest this customer contact our support team and provide some sample footage to better analyze the issue he encountered. May I ask if you encounter any issues?

and that won't get it fixed.
2023-3-27
Use props
Bolschy1234
lvl.1

United Kingdom

KhunWasut Posted at 3-26 17:20
Just to update that I finally got it to work. To livestream on facebook, I need to use the RTMP streaming option and use the RTMP URL and stream key from Facebook. This way I could also live to my pages as well. The only downside is I need to access the desktop site for Facebook on my iPhone to get this option, but that’s no big deal!

Hi - how did you get to put the stream key in? In my app I only get to put the rtmp url and nothing else - it still fails. every time.
2023-6-13
Use props
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198281 ft
United States

Same problem here. Cannot livestream to FB or YT. I really love this camera and this is very frustrating… just received a new cam last week due to the focus issue and it has the same connection issue as the last one with livestream. IOS here.
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_xhgB4PHHjCJ4
New

Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-20 23:14

DJI PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE WITH FACEBOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
2023-7-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

its tehir way of cost cutting
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_xhgB4PHHjCJ4 Posted at 7-15 04:26
DJI PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE WITH FACEBOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward your advice to our engineers.
2023-7-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

How many times does this get forward, and yet to get taken
2023-7-16
Use props
lastprophet
New

Mexico

Same problem here, I can't live to facebook. Maybe if you can release that modules open source some people we can help!
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_Y5GQflmsFH6K
New

Czechia

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-16 01:22
Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward your advice to our engineers.

Hello, this problem has been solved here for a long time. Your engineers are working very, very, slowly. Maybe it's time to replace your engineers.
2023-8-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_Y5GQflmsFH6K Posted at 8-9 05:03
Hello, this problem has been solved here for a long time. Your engineers are working very, very, slowly. Maybe it's time to replace your engineers.

ha ha ha if someone can answer does it do it on the OA4 and if so then you got the answer.

One excellent reason why I am holding off purchasing  the product due to fix it with a New camera, they d onot have the skills to fix present things
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Y5GQflmsFH6K Posted at 8-9 05:03

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will keep forwarding the issue to our engineers.
2023-8-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you but lets ask does this happen in the Action 4  or will   we have to ask a member to test out?  answer is  quite diffult to answer as its always "we will keep Forwarding" that means there is a Major issue
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_2H8ePfRQHjOc
New

United States

I try to connect my action4 with facebook livestream, Why it’s not working on live streaming on Facebook? When I try to do live stream on Facebook, it’s said something error. Omg it’s make me frustrated.
2023-8-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So the problem is with DJI and not the camera that DJI can not offer a Livestream till a  agreement with Facebook is Met
2023-8-20
Use props
djiuser_6H1tK9uL3A6Q
lvl.1
Italy

just switch to gopro or insta 360 they have better UI
2023-8-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so all tehse DJI's out there and a select few with the stream issue.    there will be the answer .
2023-8-21
Use props
djiuser_TkR7lzZUaBBO
New

Australia

DJI - this is just not good enough. Push out the fix Now. It should not be that difficult. The workaround to not use the Facebook App (Web instead) should be a dead give-away. Surely it’s not that hard???
2023-11-16
Use props
Lovescentjay Zuproc Dacnalb
New

Philippines

I tried everything tring to livestream using dji action 4 cam on facebook with my phone. Even rtmps is not functioning. I regretted buying this cam. If i only knew it in advance that facebook livestreaming is impossible with this cam then i should have not bought it. Still there's no fix until today. The question is when? Maybe no more.
2023-12-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

With GoPro it taken them 6 months to get FB back up, cDJI     can not offer us even a straight out answer
2023-12-8
Use props
horhokokki
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Mimo app is awfull. No excuxes about facebook, not using that. Tried to done rtmp livestream... and the app is just struggling and nothing goes on, press ok, press cancel, cannot change settings, ..

so bad softtware, I can imagine that even basic skill programmer will do better app like this.

This is just awfull piece of garbage.

Tried already several hours to get something going on, switched from android to ios...and ios was no even connecting the camera. And camera is factory resetted today. And ... yes, booted and this and that. And the app have so ugly ad banners going there and loud music comees suddenly when you try to have some respond when you click some awdful banner.
2023-12-31
Use props
domanhhungseo
New

Vietnam

Yes, Android 11 => app osmo livestream via current platform is not support
2-14 06:12
Use props
Sylko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288599 ft
Switzerland

Still no solution for streaming live from the Action 4 camera on Facebook?
3-2 05:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

IMHO ther was no agreement  reached or resolution why I kept a gopro for such reasions
3-2 06:29
Use props
CTMEDIARI
lvl.1

United States

I have a currently working work-around for the DJI / FB streaming issue. I setup a free account with Restream [ app.restream.io ] then added FB as a destination.

Then add the Restream server as the custom RTMP server, but here's the catch, because the DJI Mimo app doesn't have a stream key input field, you need to add it to your RTMP server URL as follows:

rtmp://live.restream.io/live/**yourstreamkeyhere**

Then you can authenticate to Restream and send the stream onto FB live.

You can also enter the FB Live URL w/ stream key after a "/" into the custom RTMP server as well, however it requires you to setup the stream first using the FB Live Producer web page before it will publish, where as using it Restream just pushes it through w/o having to setup the stream first through FB Live Producer webpage.  
3-11 07:58
Use props
CTMEDIARI
lvl.1

United States

Sylko Posted at 3-2 05:37
Still no solution for streaming live from the Action 4 camera on Facebook?

Check my most recent comment, I found a good workaround to setup a custom RTMP server for FB live on Mimo app.
3-11 10:19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Unless we  use the camera as a webcm, then  use the computer and go that route or as mentioned by CTMMEDIARI
3-13 14:52
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CTMEDIARI Posted at 3-11 10:19
Check my most recent comment, I found a good workaround to setup a custom RTMP server for FB live on Mimo app.

When i tried restream with my Mini 3 Pro or may have been Mini 2, the lag was terrible, it's the reason that i didn't mention it to you in the other thread, sorry, perhaps i should have as it may be better now with the OA4
3-13 17:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules