3310 17 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fpv_gramps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107579 ft
Malta

Dear DJI,

I am writing to express my frustration regarding the limitations and restrictions that your company places on the mode of operation of FPV drones. As a certified drone operator, I understand the importance of safety and compliance with regulations, but I strongly believe that the decision to accept or reject a flight should be left to the local competent authorities, not DJI. In our flight requests we include which type of drone we will be using, so if we put DJI Avata as a Drone Brand and Model and the request is accepted, it means that we are permitted to fly an FPV in Manual Mode.

You are also aware that FPV manual mode videography is totally different to the Standard normal mode videography.  So if we require FPV footage we need Manual Control.

It is my understanding that DJI has implemented restrictions on drone flights based on the location and the mode of operation. However, I believe that if a flight has been approved by the local competent authorities, we should not be at the mercy of DJI to operate our drones in any mode we wish.

It is important to remember that the local competent authorities are responsible for ensuring the safety of the public and important areas, and they are the only people who have the right to accept or reject a flight. By imposing additional restrictions on drone operations, DJI is effectively overruling the decision of these authorities and limiting the ability of drone operators to conduct their business.

Therefore, I respectfully request that DJI reconsider its approach to drone operations and allow for greater flexibility in the use of its products. By doing so, we can promote safety while also supporting innovation and growth in the drone industry. An option to input the A2 or A1/A3 license registration to be able to unlock the zone in manual mode could also be considered. At least this will ensure that the pilots are certified and fly responsibly.

I do sincerely hope that your development team will come to a solution and not take this with a pinch of salt, thinking it is only a one person complaint, as I am more than adamant to escalate this and get the backing of many other DJI Avata owners. Believe me they are in the many!

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely yours

Simon Desira
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal that the M mode of the DJI Avata cannot be triggered when the aircraft enters in GEO zone (Restricted Zone) even after you unlock the location or when the altitude of the aircraft exceeds 120m. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-20
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

We know it is normal.
but it should not be!

if you are clear to fly, you are clear to fly. No matter what mode you are in!

So please update this!!

By the way, this is the same for:  UAV to far....  while activating M mode.
2023-3-21
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I agree on every word... this thread should always be on top!!
2023-4-1
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI is not doing anything about this... mean while more and more users are complaining about this.

i hope DJI changes this asap!
2023-4-2
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

+! give pilots who have license possibility to fly in those zones as they need. that is reason of licenses existence isn't it?
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, DJI Pilots. We appreciate all your feedback. We'll add them and continue to relay them to the designated team. We hope this limit will be unlocked in the future. We ask for your continued patience and understanding.
2023-4-5
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I agree on every word
2023-4-5
Use props
Moises Arias 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9602789 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

going through the same problem, they should fix it as soon as possible
2023-6-20
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Moises Arias 0 Posted at 6-20 17:57
going through the same problem, they should fix it as soon as possible

they should, but the are not........
2023-6-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:34
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal that the M mode of the DJI Avata cannot be triggered when the aircraft enters in GEO zone (Restricted Zone) even after you unlock the location or when the altitude of the aircraft exceeds 120m. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

If DJI is keeping the "safety rules" imposed to pilots, even when they are authorized to operate in a restricted area, then DJI SHOULD PAY FEES FOR CORRUPTING THE BUSINESS OF PILOTS that tries to accomplish their contracts.

Remember, DJI, each pilot is subject of local authority and NO ONE ENFORCED DJI to act like a supervisor and impose restrictions.

ALSO I ACCUSE DJI FOR USING THE RESTRICTIONS IN ORDER TO MONITOR THE DRONES THAT REQUEST TO FLY IN BLOCKED SPACE, IN ORDER TO GET IMAGES AND DATA FROM THAT DRONES ONCE THEY AUTHORIZE THE REQUESTS !!!

YES, DJI, we have seen how is used the Data Network EACH TIME we fly the drones in MANUAL UNLOCKED SPACES, strange fact is that all data is far more than data needed to sync fly.

We know that you are using this methods to spy each country, the LOCKED ZONES being a trigger for this behavior of the drone...We do not care too much, as Google Maps have already images with this areas we fly in, but STOP SAYING BULLSHXT about enforced blockage...is only for YOU and collecting DATA.
2023-6-20
Use props
djiuser_0xkMWgRZbqOB
lvl.1

United States

Don't let this post fade away. I want acro mode available, no matter the airspace I'm in. I'm at the controls, not you.
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_g7ae3cKl1GQW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82753 ft
United Kingdom

Are you saying that if I get permission to fly in a restricted zone I won't be able to fly in Manual? What possible reason is there for that?

Is this just a software glitch that needs fixing or a conscious decision by DJI??
2023-11-23
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

djiuser_g7ae3cKl1GQW Posted at 11-23 00:28
Are you saying that if I get permission to fly in a restricted zone I won't be able to fly in Manual? What possible reason is there for that?

Is this just a software glitch that needs fixing or a conscious decision by DJI??

Several months have passed, yet the issue has not been tackled. Unfortunately it is not a software glitch but a decision taken by DJI for what might possibly be a way to stay out of any lawsuit related to the Avata crashing on hard yaw maneuvers.

The Avata can brake (goes to Normal Mode) as soon as it reaches the end of any NFZ or like it already is  when it reached the designated Altitude. So I CANNOT understand any other reason why the Avata cannot have Manual control in APPROVED FLIGHTS in NO-FLY ZONES. Just to cover their ASSES on a bug they cannot fix!!

Since then i have faded way to own builds and setup a 4" which is much smoother, less noisy and with less weight, I am getting closer to the Avata's flight time. The only thing that used to have peace of mind, the Return-to-home, with Betaflight's latest updated with a major upgrade in this field. The Satellites with M10 chips are getting over 25 satellites in a few seconds and the GPS co-ordinates slightly off target by 1 or 2 meters. The drones return to home on the spot and land perfectly.

So in my opinion, unlike other drones which are VERY GOOD, I also own a Mavic 3 Pro and it is fantastic , the AVATA is a NO-GO until they decide to solve the issue and give manual control where the NFZ are authorized by the local authorities.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_ZvbtV3dtRnsn
New

Bulgaria

I'm selling my Avata. Enough crap!
1-19 04:54
Use props
comrant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983025 ft
Canada

Almost a year later and still same BS.
3-4 14:18
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

A question to DJI...... Now that the Avata 2 launch is on the doorstep, are we getting a fix to our ...ty drone or do we have to get the Avata 2 to fix your own problem. You have continuously repeated the story about safet, but it all was related to the malfunction of the death roll, so if it would happen ion a restricted area you will not get sued.

We Avata owners demand you fix the firmware, give us full manual mode or have them all changed with the Avata 2.

3-4 23:34
Use props
nicklang724gmail.com
lvl.2

United States

I have approval to fly in a tfr this weekend and we are debating using the avata 2 for potentially better image straight out of camera using cosmostreamer. Is not flying in M mode during a TFR still an issue with Avata 2?!?
4-17 14:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules