Using Gimbal Dial to raise and lower drone
353 11 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tagarnav
lvl.1

Argentina

Hey guys, I own a DJI Mini 2 Pro, I was wondering if there's a way to change the controls so I can use the Gimbal Dial (preset is used to aim camera up and down) to lower and raise my drone. I tried the defaul control setup that comes with DJI Fly, and I'm not a huge fan of it, also changed it so all of my horizontal movement is done with my left stick, and my vertical and rotation movement goes on my right stick.
I basically wanted a similar setup, but have the right stick control the "camera movement" just like any FPS game, so I can rotate the camera in all directions with my right stick (rotate drone and control gimbal) and move the vertical movement of my drone to the Gimbal Dial.
Is there a way to acchieve this? Thanks!
2023-3-20
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

I only have the standard Mini 2 but theres no option for that.  
2023-3-20
Use props
Tagarnav
lvl.1

Argentina

Prezzodrone Posted at 3-20 10:41
I only have the standard Mini 2 but theres no option for that.

Maybe another app that would unlock those control options?
2023-3-20
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Tagarnav Posted at 3-20 10:42
Maybe another app that would unlock those control options?

I doubt it
2023-3-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The software is written so you can choose stick mode 1, 2 or 3.  I don't think any will let you raise and lower drone using the gimbal dial.  
2023-3-20
Use props
Tagarnav
lvl.1

Argentina

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-20 12:55
The software is written so you can choose stick mode 1, 2 or 3.  I don't think any will let you raise and lower drone using the gimbal dial.

You can customize the 2 sticks with any functionality, but not the Gimbal Dial which is locked on the camera gimbal movement, that's not even exposed on the settings.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have this feature available on the said unit due to hardware limitations. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tagarnav Posted at 3-20 13:30
You can customize the 2 sticks with any functionality, but not the Gimbal Dial which is locked on the camera gimbal movement, that's not even exposed on the settings.

That's because that feature is not currently available.  
2023-3-21
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I would stick to the normal controls if i were you.
2023-3-21
Use props
Tagarnav
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, we don't have this feature available on the said unit due to hardware limitations. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

That'll be great, I hope it helps improve the experience. Thanks!
2023-3-21
Use props
Tagarnav
lvl.1

Argentina

Jake. A Posted at 3-21 07:42
I would stick to the normal controls if i were you.

Looks like I have no other option lol, that's what I'm doing now, just wanted to ask if this was possible, it doesn't seems too far fetch and tbh it makes sense for anyone used to using controllers and related to gaming too, EVERY game uses what I'm trying to achieve as camera movement, so having this option would be very beneficial for newbies too.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tagarnav Posted at 3-21 07:53
That'll be great, I hope it helps improve the experience. Thanks!

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules