Pocket 2 Exposure control (min-max shutter speed)
1236 4 2023-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustUser
lvl.1

Ukraine

Good Day. I am thinking to buy Pocket 2, but what stops me is: I don't know is it possible to set range of acceptable exposure. Let's say I want to set exposure in auto mode with shutter speed to be limited in range, let's say 1/120 - max or 1/500 - 1/4000. I saw that there is fixed shutter speed option, but is there a way to set exposure range somehow?
Thank you.

2023-3-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I don't think there is a possibility to set a certain range for the shutter speed, however you can set that kind of a range for the ISO value. In the Pro mode, there are settings in the style of "ISO Max 200", "ISO Max 400", "ISO Max 800" etc. which all start from ISO 100 and can go up to the maximum range defined by the setting you have chosen. Also, you could have more control of the exposure by getting the ND filters from a quality manufacturer (DJI has their own set originally meant for the first Osmo Pocket that also works with the Pocket 2, and I personally have sets from PolarPro for fixed ND values and from PGYTech for polarized NDs).
2023-3-22
Use props
JustUser
lvl.1

Ukraine

Thank you for your reply. Okay, I got it.
Was just hoping that that adjustments is just hidden somewhere, and I am just didn't find them yet.

Thanks about advice with ND filters.

But I am trying to do opposite thing: To set min value of shutter speed lets say not less than 1/120s... 1/240s to avoid motion blur in the forest. (sure ISO\noise will grow, but for me it is better to see more noise than blurred grass\trees)
Probably Min ISO will also work somehow if it allowed to adjust.
With 1/120 maybe 60 FPS will help, but I heard that 4k 60FPS in case of Pocket 2 is some kind of upscaled 2.7. (Don`t know how much of that is true)

2023-3-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

JustUser Posted at 3-22 11:44
Thank you for your reply. Okay, I got it.
Was just hoping that that adjustments is just hidden somewhere, and I am just didn't find them yet.

Simply use manual mode and set it to whatever shutter speed you wish.
2023-3-24
Use props
JustUser
lvl.1

Ukraine

Marty Markoe Posted at 3-24 04:41
Simply use manual mode and set it to whatever shutter speed you wish.

Unfortunately, that not going to work good. Auto exposure with some range of allowed shutter speed and fixed exposure is not the same thing. But thank you for advice.
2023-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules