1177 14 2023-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bitxu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141076 ft
Thailand

Hello DJI team and community.

I'm a professional landscape photographer, I sell my photos to clients. Apart from using them to promote my workshops and lessons.

I'mn using the Mavic 3 for about a year and is not a tool for professional photography. I'm very disappointed about the color quality.
There is a magenta and green color cast on almost all my DNG files all the time, specially when shot with side light. Not really happen on top downs or colorful sunsets or sunrise, when light isn;t strong.

I always shot in RAW, with wide aperture and low ISO, if spossible always 100. No filters add it to the lens.
I don't have this issue with my old mavic pro.

The files I have are totally unacceptable, I can't even deal with the color cast on post processing.
I'm currently traveling to a very remote places, spend a lot of money to get here and now my work is all garbage, not to mention the cost of the drone.

Can I ask for an exchange to see if this problem remains on another Mavic 3 drone?
If not, can I ask for a refund ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

PS: I would love to upload some raw files but isn't support to add files over 1000KB

2023-3-23
Use props
albertdros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26490 ft
Netherlands

Unfortunately this is a known problem for years, yet DJI does nothing about it. There are multiple topics about this on these forums and yet the problem still persists. In fact: it seems even worse with the new Mavic 3 Drones. Totally unacceptable and I too gave up on the Mavic 3. It's really a shame.
Here's another topic describing these issues: https://forum.dji.com/thread-281802-1-1.html

What's also funny is that if you mention this to DJI, they act like you're shooting with wrong exposures and that you're some kind of amateur. All my DJI drones don't have this issue, yet the M3 files are unusable. And then some support guy tells you you're shooting wrong. Really disappointing DJI still not acknowledging this issue and simply replacing the drone (even if they have to do it 10 times before you get a good one).

2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bitxu. Thank you for reaching out. We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties and we understand how important this is to you. Can you please upload the files to a shareable link like Google Drive or Dropbox for further checking? Please provide us with the link via PM. Thank you.
2023-3-23
Use props
Bitxu
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-23 23:25
Hi, Bitxu. Thank you for reaching out. We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties and we understand how important this is to you. Can you please upload the files to a shareable link like Google Drive or Dropbox for further checking? Please provide us with the link via PM. Thank you.

Hi Gamora

I understand if i share a link for a google drive folder here,  anyone with the link can access. Because the copyright, I prefer if you give me your email address and i share it privately with you. Its this ok?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and best regards
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bitxu Posted at 3-24 00:04
Hi Gamora

I understand if i share a link for a google drive folder here,  anyone with the link can access. Because the copyright, I prefer if you give me your email address and i share it privately with you. Its this ok?

Hi, Bitxu. Thank you for the prompt reply. Please check my PM. Thank you.
2023-3-24
Use props
Bitxu
lvl.1
Thailand

Hi Gamora

I have already uploaded many files. did you check?
2023-3-24
Use props
Bitxu
lvl.1
Thailand

Bitxu Posted at 3-24 18:17
Hi Gamora

I have already uploaded many files. did you check?

Any updates?
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bitxu. We have responded to your PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-3-27
Use props
Jabi Sanz
lvl.1
Thailand

Just check your PM, looking forward to hear what the relevant team say about it. Please understand that this is my job and is very important for me. Thanks
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jabi Sanz Posted at 3-27 18:46
Just check your PM, looking forward to hear what the relevant team say about it. Please understand that this is my job and is very important for me. Thanks

Hi, Bitxu. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-4-1
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-1 08:23
Hi, Bitxu. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.

DJI Gamora

The problem is real!!!

Here are 3 sample images from the Mavic 3, Mavic 2 Pro and Hero 11.  The Mavic 2 Pro and Hero 11 are pretty close to each other and pretty close to actual real life color.  The Mavic 3 has a terrible blue/green color cast.

2023-9-6
Use props
vyskocil
lvl.2
Czechia

I also moved from a Mavic 2 Pro to a Mavic 3 and was very disappointed by the picture colors I'm getting by default from the Mavic 3 when shooting in RAW. I'm using Lightroom for both and I think one part of the issue is that for the Mavic 2 Pro there is a color profile applied by LR but not for the Mavic 3 whose images are like m43 camera with baked in color profile and the results are really bad !
The other issues seems with the white balance, it seems to be poorly calculated by the Mavic 3 pro but in RAW it could be easily fixed if we take time to adjust it...
All in all I almost wanted to go back to the Mavic 2 Pro regarding the still image quality, and the fact that it has a 3/2 ratio for 20 Mpixels where the Mavic 3 also have 20Mpixels but for a 4/3 ratio which I usually have to crop to 3/2...
2023-9-6
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

vyskocil Posted at 9-6 07:26
I also moved from a Mavic 2 Pro to a Mavic 3 and was very disappointed by the picture colors I'm getting by default from the Mavic 3 when shooting in RAW. I'm using Lightroom for both and I think one part of the issue is that for the Mavic 2 Pro there is a color profile applied by LR but not for the Mavic 3 whose picture are like m43 camera with baked in color profile and the results are really bad !
The other issues seems with the white balance, it seems to be poorly calculated by the Mavic 3 pro but in RAW it could be easily fixed if we take time to adjust it...
All in all I almost wanted to go back to the Mavic 2 Pro regarding the still image quality, and the fact that it has a 3/2 ratio for 20 Mpixels where the Mavic 3 also have 20Mpixels but for a 4/3 ratio which I usually have to crop to 3/2...

Agreed!  only reason I bought the M3 is video frame rate and battery life.  The M2P is superior in every other way.
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 9-6 05:55
DJI Gamora

The problem is real!!!

Hi, DemolitionMan14. We have replied to your PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-9-12
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is the response DJI Gamora Sent me:

"Hi, DemolitionMan14. Thank you for reaching out. We have ed from our relevant team that the latest firmware version of Mavic 3 has optimized the accuracy of color reproduction. The color performance of most scenes is accurate. Individual scene engineers will continue to optimize. A new version of firmware optimization will be released in the future, which will optimize this issue, please rest assured. Thank you for your kind understanding."

I can confirm after the update there is no imporvement.  You still have not embedded a proper color profile for Adobe.  Furthermore raw video still has a green cast.

You should revert to the Mavic 2 Pros color management.
2023-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules