US Citizen Attempting to Register FPV in EU
1280 7 2023-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb311160
lvl.2
Flight distance : 365640 ft
United States

I'd would be interested in hearing from US citizens that have successfully registered their DJI FPV drone in a EU country. I plan to spend three months in France, Italy, Switzerland and Germany. The weight of the drone is 794 grams. I'm registered with the FAA in the USA, hold a TRUST Authentication Token and hold a Transport Canada Certificate but regrettably none of these credentials would apply in the EU. English is my only language. Specifically, I'm interested requirements to legally fly.

Tom
2023-3-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

On this site in English, as a resident outside the EU you can register yourself, pass the A1/A2 training (open category) then register your drone.
The language selection is at the bottom right of the page.
https://alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/login.jsp
2023-3-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Don't forget the insurance : https://www.air-assurances.eu/drone
2023-3-25
Use props
fanseb311160
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry,
Thanks for the link to the AlphaTango site. Regrettably, the Remote Pilot's Guide for the Open Category is only available in French. Next, I'll try to translate 62 pages to English before attempting the test.
Tom
2023-3-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

fanseb311160 Posted at 3-25 12:19
LV_Forestry,
Thanks for the link to the AlphaTango site. Regrettably, the Remote Pilot's Guide for the Open Category is only available in French. Next, I'll try to translate 62 pages to English before attempting the test.
Tom

You will find the legal texts in english which serve as a reference for all the countries of the union here:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tegory-civil-drones
2023-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As an English only speaker I went the AlphaTango and it took no time at all to get registered.
2023-3-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Yes it is one of the easiest to get.
2023-3-26
Use props
fanseb311160
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys,
Indeed the registration was easy for me because the site was in English. However, I followed the AlphaTango link into the training module in preparation for the test. There, the 62 page reference manual is in French .
I downloaded the PDF and translated (page by page) the French text into English. Unfortunately, some material in the manual are graphs, maps and charts that, of course, do not translate.

Next, I’ll read through the translated manual and attempt the test. Hopefully my comprehension of the material will be sufficient to score the required 75% on the test. I hope the test is offered in English but will be ready with the translator if not.
tom
2023-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules