Blurred on turning
2002 6 2023-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, simple question.  Week old Mini 3 pro, made november 2022.  Is it normal for the footage to be very blurry when slowly turning the drone?  Had an ND16 filter on and shutter speed was from 30 to 80 so could that be the problem?  As soon as the drone is stopped it focuses as Normal.

[color=var(--ytcp-call-to-action)]
2023-3-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the experts will be along shortly to give you a more technical explanation for what you are experiencing.  i've seen it myself and your video is actually not that bad, i've seen it worse.  not sure how to eliminate it but it's worse if you zoom in and the faster you turn.
2023-3-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You deffo do not need an ND filter on, this is the problem, less light, slower shutter equals blurring. Even more so on a drab day...

Only use an ND filter if you purposely need to blur, such as moving objects to get a more cinematic look
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Rockbyter. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience. When an aircraft flies horizontally or rotates, the relative motion trajectory between the camera, object, and scene within the exposure time is long. Motion blur will become more apparent when the motion trajectory in the exposure duration is relatively longer. To avoid the motion blur effect caused by the relative motion between the camera, object, and scene, you can choose to lower the shutter speed, lower the aircraft movement speed, or track the object with a camera. Thanks for your understanding.

2023-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ditch the ND filter,  record 4k30 and then see how you feel about the footage.  
2023-3-26
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Turning too fast for such a long exposure.
2023-3-27
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice,   I removed the ND filter and bright sunny day meant shutter speed up to 1/8000s with 4K 30fps.  Made a small difference so I checked my Mini 2 footage and I think t was the same so just me being super critical I think.  One thing I didn't like was the lovely green grass was almost yellow so I think I need to work on white balance,  to that end can the WB be set and everything else left in Auto or is it all or nothing?  Still learning the Mini 3 pro so was just experimenting and also found that all quickshots were locked at 1080p when I thought it could be changed in all but Asteroid,   Lastly is there a way to get rid of the descriptive popup when using a quickshot?  i turned off tutorial thing in Fly app but still pop up.
2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules