DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 wrong stick input
4799 9 2023-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wSxBCyym5FAr
lvl.1
Croatia

I recently bought FPV combo (FPV drone, remote controller 2 and DJI goggles). Everything seemed fine when flying in normal and sport mode, but i noticed a problem when i switched to the manual mode, the drone's pitch and roll axis were too responsive even with overly tuned down rates and expo settings.  
In the goggles remote controller calibration menu when i move the right stick (roll and picth axis)  to about 10%  or above  on the controler it registers it as though i moved it to 100% in the goggles calibration menu.

Same thing happens when i connect the controller to the pc and use it with the simulator (Velocidrone), it reeds the input as 100% altho the stick is moved only 10% on the controller.

Controller is not damaged! I tried updating the firmware / setting it to the older version (on all three: drone, controller and goggles) nothing helped.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Is the remote controller faulty or is it the firmware?
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using Manual mode, adjust the throttle stick based on your stick mode for a better user experience.

1. Turn the remote controller over and lift the rear rubber grip from the inside groove.

2. The screws under the grip can adjust the corresponding stick on the front of the remote controller. Use an H1.5 hex key to adjust the resistance of the stick and recenter the stick vertically. The control resistance increases when the F1 screw is tightened, and the control resistance decreases when the F1 screw is loosened. The recentering is disabled when the F2 screw is tightened, and the recentering is enabled when the F2 screw is loosened.

3. Reattach the rubber grip once the adjustment is completed.
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_wSxBCyym5FAr
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-27 23:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using Manual mode, adjust the throttle stick based on your stick mode for a better user experience.

1. Turn the remote controller over and lift the rear rubber grip from the inside groove.

Problem is not in the tension of the sticks. I adjusted the tension of the screws  on the left stick before going to the manual mode correctly  for the throttle axis.

Again the problem is that output of the right controller stick (roll and pitch axis) is not read properly. Drone reads the input from the remote controller as 100% when stick is only moved 10% in any direction  and reads it as 100% for anything above 10% of stick movement.  Between 0% and 10% it reads it from 0% to 100%.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_wSxBCyym5FAr Posted at 3-28 00:17
Problem is not in the tension of the sticks. I adjusted the tension of the screws  on the left stick before going to the manual mode correctly  for the throttle axis.

Again the problem is that output of the right controller stick (roll and pitch axis) is not read properly. Drone reads the input from the remote controller as 100% when stick is only moved 10% in any direction  and reads it as 100% for anything above 10% of stick movement.  Between 0% and 10% it reads it from 0% to 100%.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted once we received an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_jFRCxXGhyTgQ
New
Austria

May I kindly ask if there is an update on this issue?

I'm facing the same behavior:
The sticks of my DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 seem to be too sensitive/responsive.

In the calibration menu, when I move the stick to approx. 30% the goggles show a movement of 100%.
After I did the calibration, I tested the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 with DJI Virtual Flight.
The position of the real controller sticks on the remote controller do not match the animated controller sticks in DJI Virtual Flight.
When the real controller stick is moved to approx. 30%, the animated stick in DJI Virtual Flight already reached its end position (100%).

Another impact of this issue:
I was able to start the motors of the DJI FPV drone when I moved the sticks only slightly (approx. 30%) into the direction of the corners.

Can this be fixed somehow?
2023-5-1
Use props
AvataBangOnTheDrumsAllDa6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 670003 ft
United States

Hey guys, I know I'm late for original discussion, but for future reference: The sticks on FPV RC II are horribly short, making every move over exaggerated. If you get some longer sticks for like 5 bucks on Amazon, you'll find the controller input much more intuitive. It's like going from a drag car throttle to a street car.
2023-8-14
Use props
Michael Fu
New

United States

Wondering what’s the solution for it. I got the same problem. The last 10-20 percent of the far side of the stick is deadzone. I think it’s a hardware isssue
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_5LLOATLhle24
New

Belgium

I got the same problem. Anyone know how to fix it ? Thank you
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_wSxBCyym5FAr
lvl.1
Croatia

Orginal poster here. I ended up sending the controller for evaluation and repair to DJI. It was a problem with the hardware inside the controll stick gimbal. Controller was still under warenty so they repaired it for free and shiping was payed for.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_wSxBCyym5FAr
lvl.1
Croatia

Michael Fu Posted at 11-16 21:07
Wondering what’s the solution for it. I got the same problem. The last 10-20 percent of the far side of the stick is deadzone. I think it’s a hardware isssue

It is not the same issue as I described. This is normal for this controller i think. If you got some more information please share as it is the same for me.
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules