345 5 2023-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuinnP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2302044 ft
New Zealand

Hi Everyone,

I have a DJI Mini 3 Fly More Plus combo with DJI Care (DJI RC with screen, extended flight time batteries, all the extras), the aircraft has very few flights (around 10-15). I'm a very experienced pilot and I have been flying DJI drones for over 6 years, I purchased this DJI Mini 3 for the fantastic flight time. The aircraft has never crashed or had any type of hard landing or anything of such. After just a few flights the gimbal developed a problem, it shakes uncontrollably and vibrates during flight, on the ground, the gimbal is at weird angles and moving erratically. There are absolutely no obstructions or any marks on the gimbal. I have calibrated the gimbal, compass, IMU etc. The issue still persists and is getting worse. This is obviously a manufacturing problem. So I contacted DJI support via email to create a warranty claim. One of the reasons I have stayed loyal to DJI is because of all the good things I have heard about their support. This has not been the case for me. To provide some context, I am from New Zealand, the drone was purchased in New Zealand and so was it's DJI Care (although this is irrelevant as I am making a warranty claim). New Zealand has consumer laws that DJI must legally abide by. You can read more about these laws from the link below. The law states that the manufacturer must, by law, cover the cost of return shipping costs for faulty products being returned under a warranty claim. "if you are returning a product because of a fault, the manufacturer must pay for delivery costs initially or reimburse you after the fact"  - I've also consulted with legal professionals who have advised me that DJI must comply with this law or risk contravening the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, which will be enforced in a court of law. Therefore they are legally required under New Zealand law to cover the return shipping cost for the faulty items, if they do not, as aforementioned, they are violating the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Now back to DJI support, they advised me that I needed to send the aircraft to Hong Kong for analysis by their team, which is understandable. But when I advised them of the shipping costs, or for them to provide me with a shipping label they said that they were unable to provide this and I must cover the shipping costs. When I advised them of the New Zealand consumer law they did not take notice.
Please see the attached screenshots of our email correspondence.
I am attaching screenshots of our email correspondence and videos of the issue occurring during flight for your reference. As the cost paid for DJI Care has gone to waste and the resale value of the drone is dropping, I demand a speedy resolution to this issue. According to the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, damages can also be claimed by the consumer. To prevent this from happening I urge a DJI staff member to forward this issue to the relevant team and resolve it without further difficulty.

Gimbal Issues screen recording: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... tuqT?usp=share_link
New Zealand Consumer Law: https://www.legislation.govt.nz/ ... 1/latest/whole.html
I've attached a screenshot of one of DJI's support's responses, DJI support will be able to view the entire thread. If you'd like to see further correspondence here please advise and I can provide it further.
2023-3-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

of course dji should comply with the warranty guarantees specified in your country.  if the drone is under warranty and it has to go all the way back to china, dji should pay for it.  i'm not sure the specific words in your warranty but if you pay for the shipment, dji should reimburse you even if that means a credit.  if you bought the drone in country, will the local retailer be able to help you out with the shipping arrangements?  unfortunately warranties are strong but they are hard to enforce sometimes and often requires arbitration or a long time period to settle especially when legal (civil) court is not an option.  in america, the credit card is also a powerful weapon when it comes to manufacturers' warranty.  maybe you just need to keep pushing dji until you talk to the right person.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, QuinnP.
We will check your problem and keep you updated here asap.
Please wait for our update.
Thanks again for your understanding.
2023-3-27
Use props
QuinnP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2302044 ft
New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-27 17:43
Hi, QuinnP.
We will check your problem and keep you updated here asap.
Please wait for our update.

I still haven't received any communications. Please advise before this is escalated further.
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

QuinnP Posted at 3-30 13:22
I still haven't received any communications. Please advise before this is escalated further.

Hi, QuinnP.
We have forwarded this problem to our relevant team and they will contact you soon, please rest assured.
Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2023-3-30
Use props
ColtonP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29724 ft
United States

It's strange that Support is adamant about asking you to cover shipping. DJI Support in the US gave me no trouble about them covering shipping costs, so it's upsetting to hear that customer service quality hasn't extended to your region. Hope your issue is solved soon, QuinnP.
2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules