Amalgamate the Mini, Air and Mavic series forums? Yes/No/Alternati..
1097 13 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edit
For clarity I am asking, should all three forums be amalgamated into one forum, as they were? The answer to that is either yes, meaning you think they should be merged,  or no, meaning you think they should be left in this apparently new separated layout.

I also offer an alternative to that choice and ask if you think it would be a good idea to have a 'pool' for new posts or new threads that is common to all three forums i.e. any new thread or new post belonging to any of the three forums appears in a ''New posts or threads section.'' The forum MavicPilots is set up this way and I think it works well.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just noticed that they seem to have been separated. If correct I would suggest that this is not a good thing since it appears they do not have a common 'new thread' collective and if someone is interested in all three forums they will seemingly now have to check each forum indvidually.

Two votes/choices are available.

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 20 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

About time really,  so many people cant find the Mini drones under the Mavic name as they are no longer Mavic drones after all.   

All posts appear in the same place under Products so no big deal really.
2023-3-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 05:23
About time really,  so many people cant find the Mini drones under the Mavic name as they are no longer Mavic drones after all.   

All posts appear in the same place under Products so no big deal really.

If folks can't/couldn't find the Mini drones under the Mavic name Heaven help them looking for Mini or Air  posts under " Products".
2023-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-28 05:28
If folks can't/couldn't find the Mini drones under the Mavic name Heaven help them looking for Mini or Air  posts under " Products".

Why would you look under Mavic when they are not Mavic's though
2023-3-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is a "Mavic"? The Mavic Mini is a Mavic by its very name, the Mini SE, Mini 2 and Mini 2 SE are direct derivatives of it.
Why would I prefer them merged or at least a common pool of new threads/posts?
They share common ground and problems etc. 'tricks' applicable to one type may well be applicable to another type and if the types are separated into completely separate forums 'tricks' etc. may be missed.
2023-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-28 05:40
What is a "Mavic"? The Mavic Mini is a Mavic by its very name, the Mini SE, Mini 2 and Mini 2 SE are direct derivatives of it.
Why would I prefer them merged or at least a common pool of new threads/posts?
They share common ground and problems etc. 'tricks' applicable to one type may well be applicable to another type and if the types are separated into completely separate forums 'tricks' etc. may be missed.

After the original Mini they dropped the Mavic moniker though,  it was rebranded.

BTW Under a post is a reply button,  it will notify the OP that you replied to them if you use it rather than using the box at the bottom to reply to yourself.  
2023-3-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 05:44
BTW Under a post is a reply button,  it will notify the OP that you  replied to them if you use it rather than using the box at the bottom to  reply to yourself.  

Uum I am puzzled by this comment.
As you might note my post, #3, QUOTES your post ,#2, via that very means.

I did not quote you in post #5 by mistake, though I think it is fairly obvious that I know how to use the reply  button. In post #5 I was NOT replying to myself, I was replying to your question "Why would you look under Mavic when they are not Mavic's though"  in post #4.
2023-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-28 06:06
Uum I am puzzled by this comment.
As you might note my post, #3, QUOTES your post ,#2, via that very means.

OK,   but you often seem to reply to me and not use the reply button,   it's getting  quite common on the forum so I have a autocomplete setup on the Mac to type it for me.
2023-3-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

You need to clarify the choices. I did add additional bookmarks to get to the subject areas that were all together before. I like the old way better. Maybe change it to "Old Way" and "New Way" instead of "yes" or "no".
2023-3-28
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

What is the question in your poll? Is it whether or not we think it is good to have them separated?

Either way, I think it is a good thing as the Air series is, in my opinion, a completely different tier of drone than the Mini series. Also, the 'Mavic' name doesn't really seem to have any meaning below the original Mavic anymore.
2023-3-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep meeting people that refer to the drones as Maveric.  
2023-3-28
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

I answered incorrectly before you gave a clarification to the actual question. I don't see any way to change it, but I would if I could.
2023-3-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-28 08:36
You need to clarify the choices. I did add additional bookmarks to get to the subject areas that were all together before. I like the old way better. Maybe change it to "Old Way" and "New Way" instead of "yes" or "no".

Ahh, the old KISS principle.  
2023-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually just click the main menu item (Products) and get all posts.
2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules