Audience Mode with mixed goggles (Goggles V2, Goggles 2, Int...
5734 17 2023-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timsomnia
lvl.2
Germany

Hey there,

I would like to buy a second pair of goggles to use it in Audience Mode. I already own the DJI FPV Drone (with Goggles V2) and a few Caddx Vistas.
I'm planning on getting the O3 and either the Goggles 2 or Integra.

Now I would like to know if I could use the Goggles 2 or Integra in Audience Mode With the Goggles V2 for either the FPV Drone, the Vistas (or DJI Air Unit) and the O3. Mind you, the important part is that it's two different versions of the Goggle. I don't mind which one pairs to the VTX and which one is in Audience Mode as long as it works in at least one way.

Thanks a lot!

Tim
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI Goggles Integra is not compatible with the DJI FPV drone. However, you can link the Goggles 2 and Goggles Integra via the DJI O3 air unit and DJI Air unit as both goggles and air units are compatible. Please note that with the latest firmware of the DJI Air unit, it will no longer support DJI FPV Goggles V2. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-30
Use props
Timsomnia
lvl.2
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 22:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI Goggles Integra is not compatible with the DJI FPV drone. However, you can link the Goggles 2 and Goggles Integra via the DJI O3 air unit and DJI Air unit as both goggles and air units are compatible. Please note that with the latest firmware of the DJI Air unit, it will no longer support DJI FPV Goggles V2. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi @Paladin,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don’t think my questions have been answered.

My question is specifially about Audience Mode. That’s when multiple pairs of goggles watch the same VTX feed, one as a pilot, the others as spectators. I don’t think that requires all goggles being directly bound to the VTX but rather the pilot goggles being bound and the spectator googles being slaved to the pilot goggles (correct me if I’m wrong).

I already know that the Goggles 2 and Integra do not bind to the FPV Drone, but my question in that scenario was that if I bind the Goggles V2 to the drone, could I use Integra or Goggles 2 as a spectator in Audience mode?

Accordingly, if Goggles 2 are bound to Vista or O3, can Goggles V2 be used in Audience Mode?

Thanks, Tim
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Timsomnia Posted at 3-30 23:08
Hi @Paladin,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don’t think my questions have been answered.

Thank you for your response and sorry for the confusion. The Audience mode is supported for the said products but please note that when using the DJI Air unit (Vista) it needs to update to the latest firmware to support Goggles 2 and Goggles Integra. However, Goggles V2 is no longer supported after upgrading the latest firmware. If you experience any issues when connecting, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2023-3-31
Use props
Timsomnia
lvl.2
United States

It’s crazy how one cannot get a clear answer out of any of you guys.

OK it won’t work for Vista or DJI Drone.

But can I pair both Goggles 2 and V2 at the same time (using one in audience mode obviously) to the O3?

Simple yes or no would be appreciated
2023-4-2
Use props
mosch
lvl.1
Germany

"However, Goggles V2 is no longer supported after upgrading the latest firmware"

i am having kind of the same question - i am not sure how everything is connected and who is actually broadcasting the videofeed. It would be nice if someone could explain it. which of the following options are correct?

1. VISTA / AIRUNIT (v01.01.0000) <connected to> Googles 2 or Integra FW (FW v01.01.0000)  <connected to> Spectator goggles V1/V2 (AUDIENCE MODE)

2. O3 (FW ???) <connected to> Googles 2 or Integra FW (FW v01.01.0000)  <connected to> Spectator goggles V1/V2 (AUDIENCE MODE)

3. VISTA / AIRUNIT (v01.01.0000) <connected to> Googles  2 or Integra (FW v01.01.0000) AND to the Spectator goggles V1/V2 (AUDIENCE MODE) in parallel

in other words,- once the airunits are updated to v01.01.0000, you can only use the V1 and V2 for audience mode, correct?
OR
You downgrade to an older version and you can use them as the active pilot goggle again...

Thanks

2023-4-3
Use props
mosch
lvl.1
Germany

mosch Posted at 4-3 03:22
"However, Goggles V2 is no longer supported after upgrading the latest firmware"

i am having kind of the same question - i am not sure how everything is connected and who is actually broadcasting the videofeed. It would be nice if someone could explain it. which of the following options are correct?

delete my post above,- don't know why I got this wrong....

anyway - so basically this means if you bought the goggles 2 or integra AND you own just vista's and a V1 or V2 goggles, the old V1/V2s goggles are pretty much useless unless you buy an O3 unit....

that's a huge waste of money!

confirmed here as well
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50705651&postcount=14295

is there any chance that the older goggles get support for a least audience mode?

2023-4-4
Use props
djiuser_BQARs8yq0gxc
lvl.1

Canada

can v2 googles broadcast audience mode using integra
2023-4-23
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both the goggles integra and the v2 goggles  I put the goggles integra in audience mode and was able to see what the goggles integra was seeing from my avata. Have not tried it the other way around.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_BQARs8yq0gxc Posted at 4-23 11:01
can v2 googles broadcast audience mode using integra

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, DJI Goggles Integra can be used as audience, when the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is turns on broadcast mode. We hope this helps.
2023-4-23
Use props
fans29a7f6c1
New
Flight distance : 101578 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-23 20:51
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, DJI Goggles Integra can be used as audience, when the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is turns on broadcast mode. We hope this helps.

But this will only work on an 03 Air Unit. Correct?
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans29a7f6c1 Posted at 4-25 04:38
But this will only work on an 03 Air Unit. Correct?

This is applicable when used with the DJI Avata as well.
2023-4-25
Use props
Kevlen
lvl.1

France

But can we broadcast with Goggles 2 and watch with Goggles V2 on Avata ?

It seems to not work for me now. Any Idea ?
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kevlen Posted at 5-27 14:04
But can we broadcast with Goggles 2 and watch with Goggles V2 on Avata ?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, you can use the DJI FPV Goggles V2 as the audio goggles. Ensure that the aircraft model on the V2 goggles is switched to DJI Avata.  Otherwise, it would not work. If the issue remains, please post a short video showing the issue for further checking.
2023-5-31
Use props
SnoWake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1966316 ft

United States

Kevlen Posted at 5-27 14:04
But can we broadcast with Goggles 2 and watch with Goggles V2 on Avata ?

This particular combination (DJI Goggles 2 with Avata as Broadcast, and a buddy’s Goggles V1 as Audience did NOT work - while the reverse (Goggles V1 w/ DJI FPV drone as Broadcast, and Goggles 2 as Audience) DID work.  Whacky - and a bit disappointing.
2023-7-28
Use props
Jonathon Pollard
New

Australia

Heya, just want to confirm that i can audience from goggles 2 , to goggles integra..i am hoping to take a passenger on an avata flight ..cheers.
2023-10-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jonathon Pollard Posted at 10-29 04:01
Heya, just want to confirm that i can audience from goggles 2 , to goggles integra..i am hoping to take a passenger on an avata flight ..cheers.

For sure, I've done it before.  It's the only reason why I keep my Goggles2 so I can hand it off to an nearby person who want to see me use my Goggle Integra.
2023-10-29
Use props
montemoria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161345 ft
Germany

hey fellow drone-fellas,

i am happen to have a drone with a DJI o3 air unit as well as an DJI googles 2 AND a DJI FPV Goggles v2
So i am able to give you some answers on your requested setup :-)

The components are running on the following firmwares:
DJI O3 Air Unit:  01.02.00.00
DJI Googles 2: 01.08.00.00
DJI FPV Googles v2: 01.00.06.07

You need to have the DJO googles 2 set to Mode "DJI o3 air unit" and the DJI FPV Googles v2 to Mode "DJI Avata"

With this you can bind the O3 Air Unit with the Goggles 2, turn on broadcast on the Googles 2 and set The DJI FPV Goggles v2 to audience mode. you will then see the stream in both goggles.
It is also possible to use them in the other way around. You can bind the O3 air unit to the DJI FPV Goggles v2, turn on broadcast and then enable audience mode on the DJI Goggles 2 to spectate the stream as well.
i also tested these combinations with my old DJI Air Unit as well as with the Caddix Vista Air Unit.
On these the Audience mode does not work properly

Best regards,
montemoria
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules