RC2 connection issues on Virtual Flight
6085 26 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1124108 ft
United Kingdom

Could anyone please advise me on how to get my RC2 working with DJI Virtual Flight. It was working fine yesterday and now nothing although it says its connected and works on Liftoff. Today i cant even move the control sticks to start the motors, tried restarting everything, turning things on in different sequences but nothing works. If i disconnect the rc from the pc it tells me i have disconnected it yet it still wont work when plugged back in
2023-3-30
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Guess not, thanks for the help
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the DJI RC Motion 2? If yes, unfortunately, this RC is not yet compatible with the DJI Virtual Flight App (both PC and mobile versions). Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-3-30
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 17:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the DJI RC Motion 2? If yes, unfortunately, this RC is not yet compatible with the DJI Virtual Flight App (both PC and mobile versions). Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

No not the motion controller 2, i'm referring to the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2
2023-3-31
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI this software is poor excuse for a simulator. Lots of people are having the same connection issue yet you're doing nothing about it. The only reason I went with the Avata was the simulator with Normal and sport modes yet I can't use it 99% of the time
2023-3-31
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, double post
2023-3-31
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Android/IOS version of the simulator or for Windows?
2023-3-31
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheGadgetman Posted at 3-31 12:20
DJI this software is a pathetic excuse for a simulator. Lots of people are having the same connection issue yet you're doing nothing about it. The only reason I went with the Avata was the simulator with Normal and sport modes yet I can't use it 99% of the time

Ohh, Ok now I see that you are using a PC....I had the same problem with my Windows 11 PC and I changed the exe to work in "compatibility mode" for vista. The simulator worked fine on my laptop which is windows 10 so I started experimenting and stumbled across the compatibility fix.
2023-3-31
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 3-31 12:28
Ohh, Ok now I see that you are using a PC....I had the same problem with my Windows 11 PC and I changed the exe to work in "compatibility mode" for vista. The simulator worked fine on my laptop which is windows 10 so I started experimenting and stumbled across the compatibility fix.

I'll give that a try thanks, it's so frustrating
2023-3-31
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 3-31 12:28

Still having the same probably but it seems to have helped a bit. Maybe connects 1 in 10 times now where as before it would take longer
2023-4-1
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheGadgetman Posted at 4-1 01:02
Still having the same probably but it seems to have helped a bit. Maybe connects 1 in 10 times now where as before it would take longer

Well, Mine has been 100% since I changed the exe compatibility so even after doing the change, are you using a good cable in a decent USB port (not through a hub) I have attached a snapshot of the properties of the exe properties just to verify you are on the same page

exe properties

exe properties

exe location

exe location
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TheGadgetman Posted at 3-31 06:54
No not the motion controller 2, i'm referring to the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2

Thank you for the clarification. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of the said remote controller then try again? Before connecting the RC, please reinstall first the DJI Virtual Flight on your computer and use a different USB communication cable if the issue still persists. You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-4-3
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-3 04:25
Thank you for the clarification. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of the said remote controller then try again? Before connecting the RC, please reinstall first the DJI Virtual Flight on your computer and use a different USB communication cable if the issue still persists. You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Done all that and none of it makes a difference. The only thing that improves the connection issues is running Virtual flight in compatability mode for Windows Vista SP2 as someone kindly point
ed out.
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TheGadgetman Posted at 4-3 05:21
Done all that and none of it makes a difference. The only thing that improves the connection issues is running Virtual flight in compatability mode for Windows Vista SP2 as someone kindly point
ed out.

We're deeply sorry for the trouble. I will send you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.
2023-4-4
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-4 01:55
We're deeply sorry for the trouble. I will send you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.

Cant find PMs where are they on here. Thanks
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TheGadgetman Posted at 4-4 02:19
Cant find PMs where are they on here. Thanks

If you are currently using a PC, hover your mouse over the bell icon and click the "message" for you to check the personal messages on your account. Have a nice day.
1.png
2023-4-6
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheGadgetman Posted at 4-3 05:21
Done all that and none of it makes a difference. The only thing that improves the connection issues is running Virtual flight in compatability mode for Windows Vista SP2 as someone kindly point
ed out.

I was just remembering a post I saw that the RC MIGHT have to be activated by connecting it to the drone and the Goggles ( like you are getting ready to fly) and then attaching a device running the Fly app to the USB port on the goggles.
It appears that the RC and Goggles need to be activated once before they will "show up".
You might want to try and attach the remote to the DJI assistant 2 program on the PC to check/perform any updates and verify the validity of the USB cable.
2023-4-8
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 4-8 05:50
I was just remembering a post I saw that the RC MIGHT have to be activated by connecting it to the drone and the Goggles ( like you are getting ready to fly) and then attaching a device running the Fly app to the USB port on the goggles.
It appears that the RC and Goggles need to be activated once before they will "show up".
You might want to try and attach the remote to the DJI assistant 2 program on the PC to check/perform any updates and verify the validity of the USB cable.
Yes thats true for an android device and probably an iphone but not for the pc sim
2023-4-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheGadgetman Posted at 4-8 07:10
Yes thats true for an android device and probably an iphone but not for the pc sim

I do believe there were some issues in the PC sim not recognizing it also....There were a few that couldn't get it recognized in other sims (eg. Liftoff) until it was activated.
2023-4-9
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheGadgetman Posted at 4-8 07:10

Just saw this in another thread involving this RC dilemma:

"I just fell into a solution! I do have it running in compatibility mode(Vista sp2) which alone did not work. but by chance I started up the simulator first and "THEN" connected the remote. That my friends seems to be the solution".
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_53882keRyAzd
lvl.1

Philippines

revendre le tout ou la poubelle mieu je pense
2023-8-28
Use props
FlyAvataFree
lvl.1

Taiwan

I had the same problem....
1st  Power on RC2, Connect to computer, Open Virtual Flight, Enter Flight program, Choose Avata, Select Controller Icon, It will say that controller is found and connected, press OK, then disconnect RC2 from USBC, reconnect, connect until you are able to move cursor with RC2
2023-10-24
Use props
djiuser_RHsC1jfkKTjB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52260 ft

Pakistan

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-3 04:25

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thank you, worked for me after updating my googles and controller firmware....
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_RHsC1jfkKTjB Posted at 11-7 18:57
Thank you, worked for me after updating my googles and controller firmware....

You are most welcome. We're glad that this troubleshooting works on your end. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-11-9
Use props
Vlad1
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Solution:
1. Set compatible mode to Windows 8.
2. Before you run the SImulator, DISCONNECT the RC!
3. Start the simulator, prepare to flight, and than connect the RC. It works for me. If not happen, diconnect/connect.
2023-11-28
Use props
Chris Giatrakos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7349813 ft
  • >>>
Greece

FlyAvataFree Posted at 10-24 02:04
I had the same problem....
1st  Power on RC2, Connect to computer, Open Virtual Flight, Enter Flight program, Choose Avata, Select Controller Icon, It will say that controller is found and connected, press OK, then disconnect RC2 from USBC, reconnect, connect until you are able to move cursor with RC2

This is an issue of the program, with this order after 2-3 disconections of the cable the control works, thanks
2023-12-21
Use props
Peter Cantropus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82530 ft
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2023-4-1 03:53
Well, Mine has been 100% since I changed the exe compatibility so even after doing the change, are you using a good cable in a decent USB port (not through a hub) I have attached a snapshot of the properties of the exe properties just to verify you are on the same page

Thank you!
I followed your advice, changed the compatibility of the .exe and done!
1-5 11:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules