This is the best Audio Solution i could find.
12Next >
2705 45 2023-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

If you have audio issues and it´s hard to find the right usb-c adapter for your Osmo Action 3, check this out!

2023-3-30
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

How about a link to find that item?  No problem!  Found one:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... Q6rbTxoCGLIQAvD_BwE

2023-3-30
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

Thank you skysailor64 for reminding me and posting the link. I bought this one, it is cheaper now...
Discount on Amazon right now. https://amzn.eu/d/iQcdSCc
2023-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2023-3-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I enjoy your sound now, and like that you are doing theese tests for yourself and us others. And like you said in video, wish more people would like to do tests like theese
2023-3-30
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

johansenfoto Posted at 3-30 23:36
I enjoy your sound now, and like that you are doing theese tests for yourself and us others. And like you said in video, wish more people would like to do tests like theese

Thank you! We realy have to wake up, because the big companies are now letting their products mature more and more with the customers.
It would also be good if big YouTubers could take a little more time to uncover defects and problems.
If DJI issued a voucher instead of sending a product, and YouTubers bought the products themselves, the integrity would be also a little better preserved.
2023-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Wonder if that would work with the Pocket 2, I did buy that AI Micro for my friend as a christmas present. I'll guess I'll have to consult him about it once we're both recovered (we're both sick as of now )
2023-3-31
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

HGDC84 Posted at 3-31 00:31
Wonder if that would work with the Pocket 2, I did buy that AI Micro for my friend as a christmas present. I'll guess I'll have to consult him about it once we're both recovered (we're both sick as of now  )

I don't think it will work with the Pocket 2 because the adapters from the Pocket 2 don't work with the Osmo Action 3. If you try it anyway, please keep us posted. And get well soon you both.
2023-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 3-31 00:54
I don't think it will work with the Pocket 2 because the adapters from the Pocket 2 don't work with the Osmo Action 3. If you try it anyway, please keep us posted. And get well soon you both.

Thanks for your insights and well-wishes. I will inform you if I happen to test it.
2023-3-31
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

I am sure you did find out it worked with, trrs mic. But save some money, and just buy apple usb c or samsung, and a lav. This works. Why ? lol
Trrs usb c, solution is made for phone, pads, so on. It have build in, wind, motor, noyse reduktion, and speak enhancement.
aka, everyting you need om a motorcykle.
I use this fishing in wind, and need to shout out to friends, so on. Do work 0+5db
trs i can use -15 db if there in no wind and need for loud shouting. call, big fish, lol so on. TRS sucks on oa3. But do love trs if i can use it.
so i bring bouth.
Sometime, we try to hard. Will say. Save some money.
You can use app on phone, trrs mic, then synk in post. That just more work. i know.
2023-3-31
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Wonder if that would work with the Pocket 2, I did buy that AI Micro for my friend as a christmas present. I'll guess I'll have to consult him about it once we're both recovered (we're both sick as of now  )

this adapter
Screenshot_2023-03-31-11-25-01-719_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
2023-3-31
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 3-31 01:18
I am sure you did find out it worked with, trrs mic. But save some money, and just buy apple usb c or samsung, and a lav. This works.

This interface is special, it can do both TRS and TRRS. It recognizes itself what is connected, and you can even use two different microphones at the same time. In addition, you can adjust settings such as HPF and gain with practically any smartphone.
2023-3-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 3-31 00:21
Thank you! We realy have to wake up, because the big companies are now letting their products mature more and more with the customers.
It would also be good if big YouTubers could take a little more time to uncover defects and problems.
If DJI issued a voucher instead of sending a product, and YouTubers bought the products themselves, the integrity would be also a little better preserved.

I agree.
Big youtubers get paid and wont say a word about problems, I even found problem with my One RS with audio desync, that nobody have mentioned.
2023-3-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonder if that would work with the Pocket 2, I did buy that AI Micro for my friend as a christmas present. I'll guess I'll have to consult him about it once we're both recovered (we're both sick as of now  )

Sorry to hear you are sick.  Hope you get well really soon.
2023-3-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nice find and thanks for sharing.
2023-3-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yeah the  problem I had with the Insta Rs was 6K and audio,   now with  big YouTubers. shhh   (kidding )
2023-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thanks for the tip, I'll bear it in mind for further reference. Sure seems more reasonably-priced than the first-party one.
2023-4-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 03:29
Sorry to hear you are sick.  Hope you get well really soon.

Thanks, I am already recovering. The night before the previous one was quite frustrating, as I only could sleep for about three hours. But slept much better the last night already. And my friend's getting better, too. We'll be fine.
2023-4-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-1 10:51
Thanks, I am already recovering. The night before the previous one was quite frustrating, as I only could sleep for about three hours. But slept much better the last night already. And my friend's getting better, too. We'll be fine.

That's great news.  
2023-4-2
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 3-31 01:28
This interface is special, it can do both TRS and TRRS. It recognizes itself what is connected, and you can even use two different microphones at the same time. In addition, you can adjust settings such as HPF and gain with practically any smartphone.

?
Im saying, keep it simple. He talk about motorbiking/helmet audio.
That's hard core wind, helmet sound, motor, all bad.
No matter what, trs usb adaptors is way to sensitive IN oa3 but TRRS usb c is made with build in wind-motor-loud talk in mind. There for it only pick up talking, and background i low. Will set you back, $30 for trrs lav+apple usb c
If you do not bike blogging, then i understand having better sound studio.
But as with fishing, wind, shouting out, getting trs blown out, cracking.
Trrs usb c just works.
But pay $300-500 for more gear on a bike, sound stupid.
If you want good audio, bye extern recorder, or the cheep, app on phone, trrs system.
just saying.
Have lots of wireless, recorders, mic's
NOW we have OA3 usb c mic system. Now my sound stuff is at home. Just a new time.
I know Trs is the best. But not on os3. To sensitive.
Keep it simple for folks out there.
video easy, good audio hard
2023-4-2
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 4-2 22:41
?
Im saying, keep it simple. He talk about motorbiking/helmet audio.
That's hard core wind, helmet sound, motor, all bad.

I don't know if I understand you correctly, do you think that my setup is too expensive? The Rode AI Micro currently only costs 55 - 70 euros and allows you to continue using your TRS Mic's. Even they sound like the Rode Smartlav+ with TRRS connection in this video.
The reason for the problems that most people have with their sound are adapters like the BOYA BY-K4. The BOYA Adapter boosts the signal and then forwards a completely destroyed signal to the Osmo Action 3. The TRS mic is not the problem.
You can also use this (Rode SC4) to connect TRS mics with a USB-C to TRRS adapter (e.g. the one you have) if you dont need additional gain control (fishing, hiking etc...)
2023-4-3
Use props
Italo Grossi
lvl.2

Austria

Thanks for sharing! I'm about the try out the Action 3 with the DJI wireless mic. If it works good I'll reply in here.
2023-4-4
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-3 00:57
I don't know if I understand you correctly, do you think that my setup is too expensive? The Rode AI Micro currently only costs 55 - 70 euros and allows you to continue using your TRS Mic's. Even they sound like the Rode Smartlav+ with TRRS connection in this video.
The reason for the problems that most people have with their sound are adapters like the BOYA BY-K4. The BOYA Adapter boosts the signal and then forwards a completely destroyed signal to the Osmo Action 3. The TRS mic is not the problem.
You can also use this (Rode SC4) to connect TRS mics with a USB-C to TRRS adapter (e.g. the one you have) if you dont need additional gain control (fishing, hiking etc...)

Yes, its overkill.
Use usb c trrs mic for motor blogging. It works perfekt.
Or other places were wind is a faktor.
If you make video in studio, or video recording weddings, action cam is not for that anyway.
So yes. If you wanna make life harder, use $ you don't have too. That's ok.
Just don't tell others its the best for motor blogging.
As am trying to say. Trrs is made for smartphones in city life. Aka speachenhansment. Killing bag ground sound, motor, wind, so on. Perfekt for vlogging.
2023-4-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Rode makes today a ME its less funds with more features
2023-4-4
Use props
tomalak007
lvl.1
United States

hurtighansen1 Posted at 4-4 06:36
Yes, its overkill.

Are you saying any usb-c to trrs adapter and trrs mic would work for motovlogging in a motorcycle helmet? I tried an adapter before with my purple panda and the audio was clipped bad. It was unusable.
2023-4-4
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 4-4 06:36
Yes, its overkill.

If someone has already spent the money on a TRS mic, this isn't such a bad idea. Unless you are aware of other USB-C adapters that do not overdrive with TRS microphones.
This variant also saves a Zoom H1 or similar and the additional effort associated with it. In addition, you do not have to charge another device here (one less source of error)

If you don't have any micro yet, you're right of course. But you will put some effort in finding the right spot for your mic and buy or build some windmuffler...I have testet this variant, this is why i know...
2023-4-4
Use props
winding
lvl.1

Netherlands

TRS vs TRRS isn't really the issue. It's more about the sensitivity or impendance of the microphone. I have a cheap microphone with 800 ohms resistance that works fine, but the purple panda with like 3x higher resistance is much too sensitive. Wind mufflers won't counteract that really.

In another thread DJI staff have said they're coming out with something. So hopefully an adapter that has a sensitivity setting (just 2 or 3 base settings would be fine)... And hopefully those are analog... so that the correct level is converted to digital.
2023-4-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 3-31 00:54

Tested it out yesterday, and you were right, the Rode AI Micro doesn't work with the Pocket 2. Oh well, not a problem for me, as for the purposes I would have used it, I can use the DJI Mic. But maybe it's good to share here, so those folks who have considered buying the Rode, know to expect it not to work that way.
2023-4-7
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

HGDC84 Posted at 4-7 05:28
Tested it out yesterday, and you were right, the Rode AI Micro doesn't work with the Pocket 2. Oh well, not a problem for me, as for the purposes I would have used it, I can use the DJI Mic. But maybe it's good to share here, so those folks who have considered buing the Rode, know to expect it not to work that way.

Thank you for sharing
2023-4-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

No problem, it was an easy and quick test once we got around to try it
2023-4-7
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-4 11:55
If someone has already spent the money on a TRS mic, this isn't such a bad idea. Unless you are aware of other USB-C adapters that do not overdrive with TRS microphones.
This variant also saves a Zoom H1 or similar and the additional effort associated with it. In addition, you do not have to charge another device here (one less source of error)

Well, spend few $ on this. If TRS mic is the only way. No need for wireless, or confuce users to buy stuff there is not needed at all. You and others add, motor vlogging. And, simple is best. Cheapest and simple is way better.

2023-4-13
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

tomalak007 Posted at 4-4 10:12
Are you saying any usb-c to trrs adapter and trrs mic would work for motovlogging in a motorcycle helmet? I tried an adapter before with my purple panda and the audio was clipped bad. It was unusable.

no trrs usb c, it have an Built-in engine noise and noise limiter,  Do be aware, to fixade you jack so usb c not moves. If not, you sound will be bad, cracking, clicking, and trrs you can go from db +5 -15 on your oa3.
Am not saying you solution on mic did work. But not all do. you can buy, a mic controller db in. it is for headphones. but do work.  [b headphone volume control small jack] $5

I use trs -15db if i have carm pro setting.
i use trrs if there is wind, cars, so on. do muffels sound some, but way better than useless. pro setting and auto.
Buy apple or samsung usb c mini jack. It works. But not as boya k4. Some times, icon dont show after battery shifts, then pull battery restart, when it keep doin it, buy new usb c.
2023-4-14
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 4-13 23:58
Well, spend few $ on this. If TRS mic is the only way. No need for wireless, or confuce users to buy stuff there is not needed at all. You and others add, motor vlogging. And, simple is best. Cheapest and simple is way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkdSrn_3rE

This is not a particularly reliable method from my experience. Without additional measures to secure the dial, I would not use it at all. If the thing is used more often and exposed to the elements, wear and tear will also occur.
2023-4-14
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-14 03:19
This is not a particularly reliable method from my experience. Without additional measures to secure the dial, I would not use it at all. If the thing is used more often and exposed to the elements, wear and tear will also occur.

lol i did by mine for $3 so buy few more. It will work. It's motor vlogging. Not game of thrones.
2023-4-14
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

hurtighansen1 Posted at 4-14 08:06
lol i did by mine for $3 so buy few more. It will work. It's motor vlogging. Not game of thrones.

I spent my money testing technology available on the market and never told anyone they have to buy it. I test these things for myself and share it with you. So everyone can decide for themselves what is right for them and their needs.

By the way, I don't like the way you communicate with me...
2023-4-14
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Denmark

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-14 08:43
I spent my money testing technology available on the market and never told anyone they have to buy it. I test these things for myself and share it with you. So everyone can decide for themselves what is right for them and their needs.

By the way, I don't like the way you communicate with me...

That's ok.
Im a content creator too. I know my words matters. And many follows my advice.
I make sure i,m not misleading anyone.
You talk to meteorologers. They need a simple, clean connection.
The Trrs usb-c are made for traffic and high pitch.
and it cost nothing.
trs usb c sucks in oa3 sorry if you don't like it
2023-4-21
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

I've also tested various TRRS adapters, and I've also linked them under my video in case anyone wants to buy them later. My insight into these adapters is: not every TRRS adapter is suitable, the information provided by the manufacturer is only for the DAC and not the ADC, which is relevant for microphones and you don't have that much leeway with it. The price of such an adapter is of course a clear advantage.

PS: Not what you said but how you said it was what bothered me...
2023-4-21
Use props
AZ_DesertRat
lvl.2
United States

hurtighansen1 Posted at 4-21 09:18
That's ok.
Im a content creator too. I know my words matters. And many follows my advice.
I make sure i,m not misleading anyone.

Greetings!

As an electrical engineer, I wish I could agree with your assessment about the differences between the circuity in TRRS vs TRS cables, but I simply can't.

Now, certainly could see issues with an adapter as many others have, like the Boya BY-K4, in conjunction with many of the lavalier-style microphones out in the market.  

As mentioned in another thread, buying a microphone that's _less_ sensitive only masks the issue associated with the internal design of the Boya (and probably other TRRS adapters out there).

Several times, you've mentioned 'Samsung TRRS to USB C', but fail to provide the most pertinent piece of data - a model number.  Without that, it's tough to know _exactly_ whether or not I can procure the same item here in North America that you can in Europe.
2023-5-18
Use props
Andreas Dück
Second Officer
Switzerland

EE-UC10JUWEGWW this is the one that works for me. Testet with Rode Smartlav+ for Motovloging. If you can get this one that would be even better, it's more resilient. Hama Adapter also testet with Rode Smartlav+.
2023-5-18
Use props
AZ_DesertRat
lvl.2
United States

I have only been able to test this in a static condition, but...

I happen to have a GA00477-WW (Google USB Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter) that I've used with a stereo headset cable with microphone, but without the headset earpieces.

The specification on that microphone is a frequency range of 100hz - 10khz and a sensitivity of -42dB± 3dB, which is a really insensitive value for a microphone.

I'd like to think that's what @hurtighansen1 has been trying to explain.  Lower sensitivity in this application is better.

My last brief test was with the motorcycle in my garage, but a good representative spot for an initial estimate of whether this will work.

At -6dB of gain on the OA3, it was a bit low, but at 0dB, it would saturate.  I'm thinking my next test (later this weekend) will begin at -4dB.

So, in conclusion, I'm convinced it's not the adapter, but the microphone being fed into the adapter that makes the biggest difference.

Luck to all trying to solve the problem.
Regards,
2023-5-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules