1222 26 2023-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LuciMain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 934327 ft
Switzerland

Hi

As written in the Thread title; Do activatet frontlights influence video quality in any situation? Has anyone ever recognized any problems?

Background: As with the C1 certification (EEA) you can't turn the frontLEDs off anymore...

2023-4-1
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Wait, they don't turn off anymore when recording? I always thought they do, at least on my Mavic Air 2.
They are far away from the camera, so I don't think there will be much light leakage.
What have you seen that you can't turn off the LEDs because of new EASA regulations?
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, LuciMain. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, the front LEDs are turned on by default and cannot be turned off. About the effects on the video quality, we will leave it to your DJI Co-Pilots who have experience in flying the aircraft with the LEDs on. We hope you can get helpful feedback and tips here. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yaros1 Posted at 4-1 13:33
Wait, they don't turn off anymore when recording? I always thought they do, at least on my Mavic Air 2.
They are far away from the camera, so I don't think there will be much light leakage.
What have you seen that you can't turn off the LEDs because of new EASA regulations?

Hi there. To answer your inquiry, the change mentioned above only applies to the DJI Mavic 3 Series. For more details, you may check this link. Regarding the DJI Mavic Air 2, the aircraft will actively turn off the front arm LED during shooting to prevent light from affecting the shooting screens. DJI presently has no plan to change this function. We hope this clarifies your concern.
2023-4-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe in particularly critical environmental conditions (night, fog,...) you can darken the front lights with some tape for once....   
2023-4-1
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 21:39
Hi there. To answer your inquiry, the change mentioned above only applies to the DJI Mavic 3 Series. For more details, you may check this link. Regarding the DJI Mavic Air 2, the aircraft will actively turn off the front arm LED during shooting to prevent light from affecting the shooting screens. DJI presently has no plan to change this function. We hope this clarifies your concern.

That wasn't a answer to my question but thanks.
2023-4-1
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

frankymusik Posted at 4-1 21:54
Maybe in particularly critical environmental conditions (night, fog,...) you can darken the front lights with some tape for once....

Have you ever experienced problems with it? The idea with the tape is good
2023-4-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

LuciMain Posted at 4-1 22:15

... I personally have not encountered any problems of this type because I fly less at night.

I once published a "night flight video" here in the forum:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281415
2023-4-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

LuciMain Posted at 4-1 22:15

... and if you want to see another "fog video" from me, then just have a look at this...:      

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281803
2023-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you wanted to do a test use some black electrical tape to cover the front lights and do a before and after video clip.  
2023-4-2
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 21:39
Hi there. To answer your inquiry, the change mentioned above only applies to the DJI Mavic 3 Series. For more details, you may check this link. Regarding the DJI Mavic Air 2, the aircraft will actively turn off the front arm LED during shooting to prevent light from affecting the shooting screens. DJI presently has no plan to change this function. We hope this clarifies your concern.

No this clarifies nothing and im getting tired of the administrators replies. Would be better if you write nothing that such useless replies.
2023-4-2
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

frankymusik Posted at 4-1 22:56
... I personally have not encountered any problems of this type because I fly less at night.

I once published a "night flight video" here in the forum:

yea I also do only fly in dark but maybe some other situations?

Thanks im going to watch it
2023-4-2
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 00:13
If you wanted to do a test use some black electrical tape to cover the front lights and do a before and after video clip.

Thats not a bad idea. Im only concerned because i would really like to do the Certification because of the lower restrictions but if the video quality is impactet that would be really bad....
2023-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LuciMain Posted at 4-2 00:47
Thats not a bad idea. Im only concerned because i would really like to do the Certification because of the lower restrictions but if the video quality is impactet that would be really bad....

Is the C1 label available to you there?  I thought they were only available to EU addresses.  
2023-4-2
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

frankymusik Posted at 4-1 23:01
... and if you want to see another "fog video" from me, then just have a look at this...:      

Okay i cant see anything that would have been caused because off the frontLEDs

PS: Maybe you can share your thoughts at my other thread (your transitions in the first video are incredible!) https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287541
2023-4-2
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 00:49
Is the C1 label available to you there?  I thought they were only available to EU addresses.

Yea at the moment it isnt sadly. But DJI promises 1. quarter of 2023 (it should be there by now...) so I have hopes.

If it isnt here in 2-3months im maybe going to make a trip to germany, start the certification process with the adress of a friend there. But i would need to find out if thats legal... Im hoping DJI gets it done so that i haven't to do it...
2023-4-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-1 23:01

I remember that fog video from back in December.  Still a joy to rewatch.  
2023-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LuciMain Posted at 4-2 00:56
Yea at the moment it isnt sadly. But DJI promises 1. quarter of 2023 (it should be there by now...) so I have hopes.

If it isnt here in 2-3months im maybe going to make a trip to germany, start the certification process with the adress of a friend there. But i would need to find out if thats legal... Im hoping DJI gets it done so that i haven't to do it...

Sounds legal to me,   If you hypothetically sold your drone to someone in Germany and they applied for the C1 process and then they sold it back to you,  that would be legit.
2023-4-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

LuciMain Posted at 4-2 00:52
Okay i cant see anything that would have been caused because off the frontLEDs

PS: Maybe you can share your thoughts at my other thread (your transitions in the first video are incredible!) https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287541

What do you mean by that?
What could/should I help you with in the other thread?
I like doing it, but I don't know what to write there...
Should I share a link to my video there?
You are also welcome to refer to my post in which I posted the video...
2023-4-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-2 04:37
I remember that fog video from back in December.  Still a joy to rewatch.

Hi DowntownRDB,
I just wanted to show that there were no disturbing light reflections to be noticed in my video...
No way was I going to brag about my day/night video again...   
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LuciMain Posted at 4-2 00:45
No this clarifies nothing and im getting tired of the administrators replies. Would be better if you write nothing that such useless replies.

Hi, LuciMain. To clear out the misunderstanding, that response was intended for Yaros1 (post #2). It was a direct reply to his posted inquiry. For yours, please refer to post #3. Hopefully, more DJI Pilots will chime in and write their experiences and helpful tips. Have asgreat day.
2023-4-2
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 23:30
Sounds legal to me,   If you hypothetically sold your drone to someone in Germany and they applied for the C1 process and then they sold it back to you,  that would be legit.

The ironic thing is, that if you buy a M3(c) here its already certified....
2023-4-3
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

frankymusik Posted at 4-2 23:42
What do you mean by that?
What could/should I help you with in the other thread?
I like doing it, but I don't know what to write there...

I would really like to do something simmilar with season change. Maybe you could give me some advice there?
2023-4-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-2 23:45
Hi DowntownRDB,
I just wanted to show that there were no disturbing light reflections to be noticed in my video...
No way was I going to brag about my day/night video again...

Don't be so humble.    That was a video worth bragging about.  
2023-4-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

LuciMain Posted at 4-3 06:00
I would really like to do something simmilar with season change. Maybe you could give me some advice there?

I see...

I'll respond asap....   
2023-4-3
Use props
LuciMain
lvl.4
Switzerland

frankymusik Posted at 4-3 07:04
I see...

I'll respond asap....

Dont't stress yourself... not urgent
2023-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LuciMain Posted at 4-3 05:59
The ironic thing is, that if you buy a M3(c) here its already certified....

The ones here dont come with the certification as we are outside the EU.   People assumed they would and then theres no way currently to do the certification on the classic.
2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules