Will be tax by US custom if i bring my p3 from HK
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

just asking... Dont want to be surprise...

Thanks
2015-8-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

If you are asking about having to pay a US Customs duty to bring your personal Phantom into the US, the answer is no.

If you were bringing in 10, still sealed in box, probably.

Just remember to purchase a charger with the US electrical plug so you can charge your batteries or a converter plug for our electric. The most common plug is the ones on the left.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wik ... MA_5_1_devices2.jpg
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

no because it is your personal belonging, u r not bringing it for resell or gift
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-23 02:52
If you are asking about having to pay a US Customs duty to bring your personal Phantom into the US,  ...

she can just get the cable that goes from charger to wall socket ant any computer store or electronics store. its just a standard 2pin to ac cable. better than adaptor. imo
2015-8-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 07:35
she can just get the cable that goes from charger to wall socket ant any computer store or electro ...

The last time I thought I could go to the local Batteries Plus store for a C7 to NEMA 1-15P cable, I was wrong. They didn't even have a coin cell with leads for a motherboard.

I have a few items that use the same cord set, but still have my international electrical plug set.

Now, I just assume that I'm going to need the part and order from the eBay or Amazon.
Owning a second charger won't hurt, especially if the charger takes a dump. Try getting one of those when you need one ASAP.
2015-8-22
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-23 08:00
The last time I thought I could go to the local Batteries Plus store for a C7 to NEMA 1-15P cable, ...

oh i agree, having backup of backups is a must. i was merely giving another option. and that is why i opted to buy yet another 100w charger, instead of a hub, as with the 3 chargers i have, i can recharge 3 batts at same time, very useful if one is on the go. i may still get the hub too, for when i get home i can charge 4 and forget about them, well u shouldnt leave the un supervised though, so im confused why do i want a hub to make my life easier but it is recommended not to leave lipos unattended while charging. i really would rather watch paint dry!!
2015-8-22
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks... I have a multinational AC adpater....

Just afraid that US Custom is so paranoid with these Privacy things/terrorist threat that could confiscate anything..

Anyway... just came from Philippines... maybe Im the one who got paranoid ...

Phil Custom is the worst extortionist...just like its politician !!
2015-8-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2015-8-23 16:28
Thanks... I have a multinational AC adpater....

Just afraid that US Custom is so paranoid with thes ...

Nah, the Philippines is a breeze, at least for Americans.

Any of the north African countries are the real shake down artists. Just figure any small electronic items as a "gift" for their services.

I used to pack in my hand carry flashlights as "gifts" to ease my way through customs. The same for knock off ball point pens of famous brands. It was supposed to be against company policy to offer them, but it's the way of life in some of the poorer countries.
2015-8-23
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-23 07:35
she can just get the cable that goes from charger to wall socket ant any computer store or electro ...

I thought it was cute how you said "she" because of their avatar. That's NOT the OP in that photo lol
2015-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules