1122 8 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Outflyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 764590 ft
United States

Two questions:

1.  How do I access flight records that I have uploaded to the cloud from my Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC controller?

2.  How do I read the flight records that I have copied from my DJI RC controller to my PC?

Thanks
2023-4-3
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

To access the flight records that you have uploaded to the cloud from your DJI Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC controller, you can follow these steps:

Open the DJI Fly app on your mobile device.
    Make sure that you are logged in with the same DJI account that you used to upload the flight records to the cloud.
    Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner of the screen to access the main menu.
    Tap on "Flight Records" from the list of options.
    You should see a list of all the flight records that are associated with your DJI account.
    To view the details of a specific flight, tap on the flight record from the list.
    You can view a summary of the flight details, including the flight time, distance, and maximum altitude. You can also view the flight path on a map, as well as other flight data such as speed and battery level.
    If you have uploaded photos or videos to the cloud, you can also access them from the flight record details page by tapping on the "Album" tab.

Note that you must have enabled flight data synchronization in the DJI Fly app in order for your flight records to be uploaded to the cloud. If you have not done so, you can enable this feature by going to the "Settings" menu in the app and selecting "Advanced Settings" > "Data Sync" > "Flight Records."
2023-4-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at post #7  in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287726, if that link does not work the thread is entitled "Can anyone help me retrieve my flight logs? "  and it is in the Mini 3 Pro section

I would STRONGLY SUGGEST you back up all the .txt and DAT flight logs to external memory e.g. a computer BEFORE YOU SYNC, I think the DAT flight logs are removed during a sync.

2023-4-4
Use props
Outflyin
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies.

On the DJI RC controller the flight data is accessed under Profile then More.  However, when the warning message to upload flight records to the cloud is on the screen the Profile button is not accessible and the only option is to do the upload.  This warning message comes up even after uploading the data so I assume the only way to get rid of it is to delete the flight data on the controller, but I am not sure.  I would like to try deleting them but would like to make sure I have everything backed up first.

I was able to copy the flight data files to my PC including one flight with both a txt file and a dat file before uploading to the cloud.  The dat files are indeed missing for flight records that have already been uploaded to the cloud.

My question now is what to do with those files for them to be useful.  Is there a way to read them like the ones on the controller that show a video of the flight on the map along with the altitude, etc.?

Can someone clarify these things for me?

Thanks
2023-4-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Outflyin Posted at 4-4 11:15
Thanks for the replies.

On the DJI RC controller the flight data is accessed under Profile then More.  However, when the warning message to upload flight records to the cloud is on the screen the Profile button is not accessible and the only option is to do the upload.  This warning message comes up even after uploading the data so I assume the only way to get rid of it is to delete the flight data on the controller, but I am not sure.  I would like to try deleting them but would like to make sure I have everything backed up first.

There are several options for reading the txt flight logs, you can
a) upload them to a freebie or paid account in/on Airdata or
b) upload them to Phantomhelps logviewer https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and down load the csv from there. This is my preference.
The Phantomhelp csv can then be processed by CsvView  https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html to get graphical results

c) you could buy the FlightReader software mentioned on the Phantomhelp webpage. All I have used that for is a substitute for producing the csv of the txt flight log, I think that it may be able to do other stuff too.

There is also a program called FRAP, written by JJB from this forum. Last time I looked it worked on the csv downloaded from Phantomhelp. He displays his analysis of 'problem flights' via FRAP. I haven't used it. I think I tried it a while back and it wouldn't run for me or something but that's probably due to my clockwork computer.

There may be other alternatives but the above are the ones I know of.

With regards to the DATs, CsvView can process the DATs as the are.
With regards to what to do with logs, I keep them, 3800+ .txt so far plus a similar number of DATs. I have a program that summarises each log into a single line in a 'pilot's logbook' csv but that's DIY based on someone else's earlier post and needs linux.

2023-4-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-4 12:14
There are several options for reading the txt flight logs, you can
a) upload them to a freebie or paid account in/on Airdata or
b) upload them to Phantomhelps logviewer https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and down load the csv from there. This is my preference.

I use Flight Reader as well, and I like the fact that I don't need to upload my files, but everything is kept on my system. It is constantly updated with new features and it works extremely well for your entire fleet...
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Outflyin. Thanks for reaching out. Here are the answers to your inquiries:
1. Connect to a network. After the flight records upload to the cloud, you can check the flight record on the DJI Fly App.
See below:

Note: There is currently no other platform for users to view flight records synced to the cloud.
2. The TXT flight record file exported from the DJI RC is encrypted and cannot be opened by users.
We hope this clarifies your concern. If you cannot access the Flight records uploaded to Cloud, please record the issue and post it here for further checking. Have a nice day.
2023-4-4
Use props
Outflyin
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 23:51
Hi, Outflyin. Thanks for reaching out. Here are the answers to your inquiries:
1. Connect to a network. After the flight records upload to the cloud, you can check the flight record on the DJI Fly App.
See below:

Hi DJI Tony,

Thank you for the reply.

Can the DAT flight record file exported by the DJI RC be accessed by users?  If not, what is the point of exporting the files?  I want use them as a local backup from which to restore the flight records in the event that the records on the cloud become inaccessible or are lost.
2023-4-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Outflyin Posted at 4-5 04:21
Can the DAT flight record file exported by the DJI RC be accessed by  users?  If not, what is the point of exporting the files?  I want use  them as a local backup from which to restore the flight records in the  event that the records on the cloud become inaccessible or are lost.
Yes they can, see
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287848

entitled "Should the mini 3 rotate while sitting on the floor?"

The point of backing logs up is so that

a) you have them somewhere safe should that be needed or

b) if applicable you can process them  to give a user friendly out put.

2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules