DJI Mini 3 Pro Infinite Focus Issue
374 5 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M. J. Kim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2385312 ft
South Korea

There is a problem that is infinitely out of focus in the dji mini 3 pro.

image1.jpg
The picture above is manual focus, infinity (100% crop)

DJI_0076.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg
bottom

It's definitely getting more blurry in the long distance.
All pictures have clean lenses and no nd filter.

IMG_20230403_232151_993.jpg 4.png

Next, I measured the minimum focus distance indoors.
My drone's minimum focus is 30~33cm. (The official specification of dji mini 3 pro is 1m)

I think something is wrong with this. I'm curious about other users opinions
What about the minimum focal length for other dji mini 3 pro?

2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend you place small objects 1m away from the aircraft and within 1m away to focus on objects for comparison. If you are certain it's still blurry, please share the the original photos here for further checking (at least 3-4 photos). We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-4-4
Use props
djiuser_mqxMYjngDvMR
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, I'm having the same issue. just received a replacement mini 3 from DJI as I had a motor sticking on my previous one. Now the image is not in focus when I use the zoom camera. very disappointing as I had a mini 2 and the camera was pin sharp on that one and my previous mini 3 that got sent back was also sharp. another call to DJI then!
2023-4-5
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

I also think the focus is not nearly as sharp as my mini 2.  Tried infinity focus but no better.
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_mqxMYjngDvMR Posted at 4-5 00:03
Hi, I'm having the same issue. just received a replacement mini 3 from DJI as I had a motor sticking on my previous one. Now the image is not in focus when I use the zoom camera. very disappointing as I had a mini 2 and the camera was pin sharp on that one and my previous mini 3 that got sent back was also sharp. another call to DJI then!

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Mya we know if you called DJI already? And may we have a related video of your problem so that we can confirm details better? Thanks in advance.
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_iiKucE29TbH5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143835 ft
Poland

Had the same issue after the FW update. I had to send a mini 3 pro to the DJI for a replacement. Really disappointed with this issue.
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules