Will we ever get waypoints?
4409 26 2023-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
okphantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143235 ft
Canada

Will we ever get waypoints for video on the Mini 3 Pro?

Just installed the latest firmware and once again it's the missing the things I need.

Earlier replies in 2021 said things "later this year" yet we still don't have waypoints for video. Yes I know the larger Mavic 3 has them but I'm not interested in a drone that's over 250g.

Way points and course lock please.
2023-4-4
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2799403 ft
Italy

Yeah, agree. Sometimes i don't understand this "limitation" strategy from DJI. Just why? Please add This feature  I'm sure that Mini 3 Pro Will become even more the Killer <250g Drone that it Is!
2023-4-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, this would be very desirable!  
However, I fear that this functionality would be quite critical for DJI due to the Mini 3 Pro's lack of all around obstacle avoidance...   
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, okphantom. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We understand that this has been requested in the past by other DJI Pilots, and has not been implemented as of yet. Currently, we only have Hyperlapse-Waypoint. We will continue to relay this request to our related team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-4
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 23:38
Hi, okphantom. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We understand that this has been requested in the past by other DJI Pilots, and has not been implemented as of yet. Currently, we only have Hyperlapse-Waypoint. We will continue to relay this request to our related team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for continuing to forward this request (for the 100th time) to your related team for their attention.
2023-4-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never say Never,  but hope is fading  
2023-4-5
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Italy

frankymusik Posted at 4-4 22:01
Yes, this would be very desirable!  
However, I fear that this functionality would be quite critical for DJI due to the Mini 3 Pro's lack of all around obstacle avoidance...

I think that the no-all-around obstacle avoidance is not the point. Mini 3 Pro doesn't have side sensors, so, at this point, why DJI doesn't disable at all the side movement input? If you think, the risk of side impact exist even with the actual Waypoint Mode in Hyperlapse. So what is the difference between Hyperlapse and Normal Flight? I think that, at the end who decide to create a waypoint mission MUST be aware of the path that the drone follows.
2023-4-5
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Italy

Mirek_62 Posted at 4-4 23:53
Thank you for continuing to forward this request (for the 100th time) to your related team for their attention.

Maybe the 101st time will be the good one!
2023-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+ for Waypoints and course lock.
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mirek_62 Posted at 4-4 23:53

We're sorry that the suggestions provided were not implemented. We understand that this can be frustrating, especially when you have taken the time to share your thoughts and ideas with us. We want you to know that all feedback are important to us, and we appreciate any suggestions that can help us improve our products or services. However, we would like to assure you that every suggestion we receive is carefully considered and evaluated to determine its feasibility and impact. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-4-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guess what the next Mini iteration will have ;) gotta keep you wanting more so you have to keep buying the latest and greatest.

Just a guess mind, i hope thats not the case, it took a long time for the Mavic 3 to get it so there's still a chance...
2023-4-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

In the meantime can you believe this stuff???

2023-4-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-8 03:38

Seen that rubbish before, i turned it off as soon as it said 2" sensor...
2023-4-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The ONLY way the Mini 3 Pro will have waypoints is through Litchi after the SDK is released. Neither the drone nor the RC is capable. Maybe with the RC N1 and a good phone.
2023-4-8
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-8 07:35
The ONLY way the Mini 3 Pro will have waypoints is through Litchi after the SDK is released. Neither the drone nor the RC is capable. Maybe with the RC N1 and a good phone.

Exactly what he said. SDK with Litchi is going to be awesome
2023-4-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 4-8 06:31
Seen that rubbish before, i turned it off as soon as it said 2" sensor...

Wait, wait.... It gets better... Who are these people??

2023-4-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

dronethemoment Posted at 4-8 11:13
Exactly what he said. SDK with Litchi is going to be awesome

Out of curiosity, when is the last time that DJI has release the SDK for any of the new drones?
2023-4-8
Use props
okphantom
lvl.3
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-8 07:35

"neither the drone or the RC are capable"??? Sorry what? The drone already does waypoints with the existing controller in hyperlapse! All it would take is letting us capture video instead of hyperlapse. Obviously DJI is trying to force consumers to buy the bigger drones but I need to be under 250g so the Mavic series doesn't work for me. Would be nice to have the feature they said was coming over a year ago.
2023-4-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

okphantom Posted at 4-8 22:20
"neither the drone or the RC are capable"??? Sorry what? The drone already does waypoints with the existing controller in hyperlapse! All it would take is letting us capture video instead of hyperlapse. Obviously DJI is trying to force consumers to buy the bigger drones but I need to be under 250g so the Mavic series doesn't work for me. Would be nice to have the feature they said was coming over a year ago.

The drone is not capable of onboard waypoints. Virtual sticks with thirdf party apps will be available shortly after the SDK is released. The RC is a joke. Read this -
Here is the response from DJI Wanda and a link to the whole thread -
"In your case, you enable Focus Peaking, recording, and screen-recording, three functions in total at the same time.
It will make the DJI RC overload so that it can not process it smoothly.
As we said, DJI RC has limited processing capacity compared to DJI RC Pro.
The DJI RC Pro processor has a robust performance and a large storage capacity and supports the installation of third-party apps. The DJI RC, however, does not.
Therefore, it is not a global issue from my perspective."
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285512
2023-4-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To the okphantom, with "Earlier replies in 2021 said things "later this year" yet we still don't have waypoints for video." did you get the year correct?
2023-4-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-8 03:38

No you can not, lol, also remember by posting links you possibly up their click count and income.
2023-4-9
Use props
okphantom
lvl.3
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-9 05:48
To the okphantom, with  "Earlier replies in 2021 said things "later this year" yet we still don't have waypoints for video." did you get the year correct?

Oooops no I didn't. I meant 2022
2023-4-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problem, you can probably edit the post and correct it.
2023-4-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-9 05:52
No you can not, lol, also remember by posting links you possibly up their click count and income.

I did lodge a complaint with Youtube, but I doubt that anything will change...

It is sad to see a platform like Youtube, going down this path.. Once I saw a video from a young girl to tell people how to fold toilet paper properly...

Probably like Facebook, will slowly become old news and people will move on...
2023-4-9
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-9 15:08
I did lodge a complaint with Youtube, but I doubt that anything will change...

It is sad to see a platform like Youtube, going down this path.. Once I saw a video from a young girl to tell people how to fold toilet paper properly...

Why are you lodging a complaint with YouTube? That's completely ridiculous.  If its not something you are interested in, just don't click on the link.  And more specifically, don't share the link with others so that they get more views for something that you find objectionable.  That makes no sense!
2023-4-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 4-9 16:06
Why are you lodging a complaint with YouTube? That's completely ridiculous.  If its not something you are interested in, just don't click on the link.

It is the quality of the content that is insulting... But you are right It is useless complaining as much as watching the majority of youtube video these days...

And how do you know if you are intrested in the content, or if the content is going to be rubbish,  if you haven't see the video? That's why they give you the potion of thumb up and thumb down.. I reported the fact that those video a very misleading.. A obvious point to most perhaps, but to a new DJI customer maybe not...

That's why...

2023-4-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-9 05:27
The drone is not capable of onboard waypoints. Virtual sticks with thirdf party apps will be available shortly after the SDK is released. The RC is a joke. Read this -
Here is the response from DJI Wanda and a link to the whole thread -
"In your case, you enable Focus Peaking, recording, and screen-recording, three functions in total at the same time.

Peaking and screen recording etc are on the RC and yes, it is probably over loaded but thats just the GPU side of it, waypoints wouldnt use the GPU, but more to the point, arent the waypoints uploaded to the drone? Actually, they have to be else there is no way that it could carry on when it loses signal, that's how it works on the Mavic 3, you get a choice during planning, therefore, there would be no extra load on the RC's resources. As to whether or not the Mini 3 Pro can handle it is another matter, i do not see why not though, its probably just a small database of commands with long and lat and height and the various other commands, if it can record in 10bit 4k then uploading the commands is not going to tax it that much.

Just my opinion is all, based 0 zero knowledge on drone programming
2023-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules