2581 12 2023-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
upandout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 821194 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Since a recent update, I am unable to zoom beyond 7x on my Mavic 3 Cine with RC Pro (purchased as a bundle in ~ December 2021). The zoom (by any of the methods pinch/wheel/tap) works smoothly between 1x and 4x as expected, but once it switches to 7x, no further zooming will work. This used to work when I first purchased the drone & controller. This seems like a software bug to me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Aircraft firmware is 01.00.1000

RC firmware is 03.01.1200

'Check for updates ' shows everything is up to date.

2023-4-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

In what mode are you in and what are You capturing video or photo?
2023-4-6
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To zoom beyond x7 you need to be in 'explore' mode, which you'll find in the camera mode section. The zoom function was a mess in prior FW and needed to be separated out to let people quickly flick between both cameras.
2023-4-6
Use props
upandout
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for the replies so far. I have switched to "explore mode" which lets me access the 7x zoom (and USED TO let me zoom up to 28x). But no matter what I do now, the zoom level stays at 7x (unless I zoom out, and then it goes back to the 1x to 4x range.)

Can you kind people please confirm that the RC and aircraft versions I report are indeed the latest?

2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After Mavic 3 firmware is upgraded to V01.00.07.00 and later versions, the normal photo mode only supports switching from Hasselblad camera to telephoto camera, only 1x and 7x can be switched/supported, and zoom is not supported.

If you want to zoom in photo mode, please switch to explore mode which can zoom under photo mode. Regarding the firmware version, yes you are currently using the most latest firmware for your DJI Mavic 3 Cine and DJI RC PRO. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.
2023-4-6
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine did the same thing after this last update. Sent in to DJI and they sent me a new one last week.
2023-4-6
Use props
upandout
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

Glhs958 Posted at 4-6 20:32
Mine did the same thing after this last update. Sent in to DJI and they sent me a new one last week.

Thank you for this reply! Did they replace your drone or the RC Pro? It's not clear to me where the problem is.
2023-4-7
Use props
upandout
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

@DJI Paladin

Thank you for your reply and photos. I have taken some photos of my RC Pro screen to show what happens. Yes, I am in explore mode. I've also just noticed that auto-focus does not seem to work in the telephoto camera either. Again I want to note that this all worked fine before a recent firmware update.

1x zoom:

2x zoom:

4x zoom:

7x zoom (cannot focus - When I click the "man" icon, it briefly changes to "AF", but then changes back):

Trying to use the onscreen scroll to zoom (field of view does not change):

Trying to use the onscreen scroll to zoom (field of view does not change):

Using the onscreen scroll to zoom on the Hasselblad camera works fine:
2023-4-7
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

upandout Posted at 4-7 00:49
Thank you for this reply! Did they replace your drone or the RC Pro? It's not clear to me where the problem is.

It was the drones telephoto camera. So they replaced it under warranty for me.
2023-4-7
Use props
upandout
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

Glhs958 Posted at 4-7 06:10
It was the drones telephoto camera. So they replaced it under warranty for me.

Thank you again for the response. I'm curious at to whether they sent you a whole new drone or just replaced the camera/gimbal module? I will contact DJI directly after the Easter weekend to report my issue formally. Thanks to all that responded here. It's good to know that the issue I am seeing is not the only occurrence. It would appear they are already aware of the bug.
2023-4-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

upandout Posted at 4-7 07:15
Thank you again for the response. I'm curious at to whether they sent you a whole new drone or just replaced the camera/gimbal module? I will contact DJI directly after the Easter weekend to report my issue formally. Thanks to all that responded here. It's good to know that the issue I am seeing is not the only occurrence. It would appear they are already aware of the bug.
Sorry but I've never seen these numbers (in mm) next to the zoom level!  
Something must have gone wrong with the update...
I would refresh all firmware (Mavic 3 + RC Pro) using the DJI Assistant 2 and also reinstall the Fly app.  
Something went wrong with the software...
2023-4-7
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

upandout Posted at 4-7 07:15
Thank you again for the response. I'm curious at to whether they sent you a whole new drone or just replaced the camera/gimbal module? I will contact DJI directly after the Easter weekend to report my issue formally. Thanks to all that responded here. It's good to know that the issue I am seeing is not the only occurrence. It would appear they are already aware of the bug.

as usual DJI will diagnose, bill, then ship a new or refurbished drone.
2023-4-7
Use props
upandout
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

Just to provide an update on this. I sent my Mavic 3 cine back to DJI and they sent me a new/refurbished replacement. Zoom working as expected now.
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules