M3E Firmware downgrade
1526 15 2023-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
futlus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371 ft
Philippines

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware from the updated one?

Cheers

2023-4-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Asking for a friend, why do you want to do this?  Is there a bad defect in the newest?
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, futlus. Thanks for reaching out. We will forward your inquiry to our related team for confirmation. Please indicate the current firmware version of the drone. Also, may we ask for the reason why the firmware needs to be downgraded? Thank you.
2023-4-7
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 4-7 22:53
Hi, futlus. Thanks for reaching out. We will forward your inquiry to our related team for confirmation. Please indicate the current firmware version of the drone. Also, may we ask for the reason why the firmware needs to be downgraded? Thank you.

Hi Tony,

I have the 05.02.0506 FW and will update the fw once I know there is a rollback. The new FW was release early this March. Im just being cautious.
2023-4-7
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

TonyPHX Posted at 4-7 07:26
Asking for a friend, why do you want to do this?  Is there a bad defect in the newest?

Hi Tony, I have no idea if there is a bad effect. Im just being cautious when I update FW. I make sure I can rollback or wait for a few months since the update was just release this March.
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

futlus Posted at 4-7 23:05
Hi Tony,

I have the 05.02.0506 FW and will update the fw once I know there is a rollback. The new FW was release early this March. Im just being cautious.

Thanks for the confirmation. We'll keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-4-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

futlus Posted at 4-7 23:08
Hi Tony, I have no idea if there is a bad effect. Im just being cautious when I update FW. I make sure I can rollback or wait for a few months since the update was just release this March.

Yes you can with DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) using a computer. DJI hasn't (so far) added any anti-rollback restrictions with the M3E or RC Pro Enterprise firmware.
2023-4-8
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-8 08:20
Yes you can with DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) using a computer. DJI hasn't (so far) added any anti-rollback restrictions with the M3E or RC Pro Enterprise firmware.

If you dont mind can you share a screenshot? Thanks.
2023-4-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

futlus Posted at 4-9 04:59
If you dont mind can you share a screenshot? Thanks.

2023-4-9
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-9 06:36
[view_image]

Very nice! Thank you will update!
2023-4-9
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-9 06:36
[view_image]

Very nice! Thank you will update!
2023-4-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just finally went to connect to Assistant 2 to help show this, and somebody beat me to it.  : )

Well, here's the screenshot anyways.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

futlus Posted at 4-7 23:08

Hi, futlus. Apologies for the delayed update. As stated in the comments above, yes, it can be downgraded. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2023-4-11
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

TonyPHX Posted at 4-10 07:24
I just finally went to connect to Assistant 2 to help show this, and somebody beat me to it.  : )

Well, here's the screenshot anyways.

Thanks for the follow up.
2023-4-18
Use props
futlus
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 4-11 01:20
Hi, futlus. Apologies for the delayed update. As stated in the comments above, yes, it can be downgraded. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Thank you.
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're welcome! Please reach us back here should you have other concerns.
2023-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules