Motion Controller 2 vs FPV RC2 ... Thoughts?
3684 7 2023-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddodell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2546476 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been flying the Avata for a few months with the MC1 ... it has been a great experience, but I'm starting to realize I still like the feel of a regular controller, for when I fly my Mavic 3 ... just feel like I have better control.

Been thinking about upgrading to the MC2 ... but then realized the FPV RC2 might be a better choice.

I know the RC2 is compatible with the Avata, but a few questions:

(1) I know it supports "Manual" mode, but does it also support Normal and Sport mode, so the drone will perform like it does with the MC1?

(2) Can you set the controller to act with the sticks in Mode 3 vs Mode 2? ( I'm left handed, so Mode 3 has always made more sense to me and is more comfortable)

(3) I know the MC2 can go backwards, and the "joystick" lets you make more lateral movement, but it seems less intuitive than a traditional controller, thoughts?
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ddodell. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC Motion 2 has two modes: Normal mode and Sport mode. Normal mode is selected by default. You may press the mode button to switch between Normal and Sport modes. Motion Controllers don't have Mode 2 or 3. It is being operated using one hand only so you may use it even if you're left-handed For more information about the DJI RC Motion 2, you may visit this link: (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf).
2023-4-8
Use props
ddodell
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 07:54
Hi, ddodell. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC Motion 2 has two modes: Normal mode and Sport mode. Normal mode is selected by default. You may press the mode button to switch between Normal and Sport modes. Motion Controllers don't have Mode 2 or 3. It is being operated using one hand only so you may use it even if you're left-handed For more information about the DJI RC Motion 2, you may visit this link: (https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Goggles_Integra/20230328/DJI_Goggles_Integra_User_Manual_EN.pdf).

I think you misread my question.

My questions were in reference to the DJI FPV Remote Control 2 ... not the Motion Controller 2
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ddodell Posted at 4-8 08:31
I think you misread my question.

My questions were in reference to the DJI FPV Remote Control 2 ... not the Motion Controller 2

Hi, ddodell. Sorry if I misunderstood which remote you're asking about. Yes, the FPV Remote Controller 2 has Manual, Sport, and Normal flight modes. Manual mode is disabled by default. Make sure that the switch is set to Manual mode in the goggles before switching to Manual mode. The aircraft will remain in Normal or Sport mode if the switch is not set to Manual mode in the goggles. Go to Settings > Control > Remote Controller > Button Customization, and then set Custom Mode to Manual mode.

The FPV Remote Controller 2 can be operated in 3 Modes. Please refer to the image below:

To know more about this remote, you may refer to this link where you will see the manual, please start at page 52: )https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf)
2023-4-9
Use props
ddodell
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 05:01
Hi, ddodell. Sorry if I misunderstood which remote you're asking about. Yes, the FPV Remote Controller 2 has Manual, Sport, and Normal flight modes. Manual mode is disabled by default. Make sure that the switch is set to Manual mode in the goggles before switching to Manual mode. The aircraft will remain in Normal or Sport mode if the switch is not set to Manual mode in the goggles. Go to Settings > Control > Remote Controller > Button Customization, and then set Custom Mode to Manual mode.

The FPV Remote Controller 2 can be operated in 3 Modes. Please refer to the image below:

Thank you for the clarifications.
2023-4-9
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

The Motion Controllers are only for people who are not used to regular Remote Controllers, in my opinion.
I bought the Avata with the MC1 and it is really fascinating. But as soon as the FPV RC was available I bought it and never used the MC again.
ad 1) Yes. No difference to how other GPS stabilized drones are flown.
ad 2) Don't know.
ad 3) MC2 lifts one restriction - it allows flying backwards - but the RC allows all degree of freedom.
2023-4-9
Use props
ddodell
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

WernerD Posted at 4-9 07:34
The Motion Controllers are only for people who are not used to regular Remote Controllers, in my opinion.
I bought the Avata with the MC1 and it is really fascinating. But as soon as the FPV RC was available I bought it and never used the MC again.
ad 1) Yes. No difference to how other GPS stabilized drones are flown.

Thank you ... right now, my thoughts are as you described ... go with the FPV RC2 over the MC2 ... even in Normal/Sport mode will have more control.

Appreciate your feedback.
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ddodell Posted at 4-9 06:47
Thank you for the clarifications.

You're most welcome, ddodell. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules