238º Fisheye Mod with Gyroflow - Video & Photo
1212 5 2023-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Thanks to the gyro data firmware update I've made a custom cage to attach a Pixter 238º fisheye to the Action 2: DSC02764.JPG
This is a video sample of the fisheye mod with gyroflow, in rectilinear perspective:

Having extra field of view (238º circular fisheye) helps to stabilize better also having an extreme perspective that for cycling films is really useful as the speed respresentation looks more realistic and allows to correct in post the camera angle as usually during a ride the camera changes its orientation attached to the body movements and ends up looking at the ground ruining the best moments.
Thanks DJI team and community for making gyro possible!
Some extra dynamic range for the picture profiles would also help a lot saving the most difficult shots!

2023-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice DIY on the cage.  

That was quite the exhilarating ride.  
2023-4-9
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Yeah thanks! Today I was seeing more fisheyes for the osmo action and anamorphic lenses could be adapted too, it is promising!
2023-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool to see!
2023-4-9
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 4-9 10:59
Very cool to see!

Thanks! I wish it was easier to share the -how to- but even the polyurethane resin i made the cage of expired years ago so was like a nightmare LOL
A while back someone asked DJI to make a 360 degree module for the Action 2, nevertheless it looks like the actual Action 2 already is a 155 degree circular fisheye but its automatically cropped for stabilisation, but with the new Gyroflow stabilisation process there's no need for that circular vignette cropping, actually it's worse loosing any resolution and field of view for stabilisation IMO, I made a graphic back then to illustrate the Action 2 lens crop:
E8A64F69-704A-4B01-819B-59A223BB6A0A.jpeg
2023-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 4-9 12:30
Thanks! I wish it was easier to share the -how to- but even the polyurethane resin i made the cage of expired years ago so was like a nightmare LOL
A while back someone asked DJI to make a 360 degree module for the Action 2, nevertheless it looks like the actual Action 2 already is a 155 degree circular fisheye but its automatically cropped for stabilisation, but with the new Gyroflow stabilisation process there's no need for that circular vignette cropping, actually it's worse loosing any resolution and field of view for stabilisation IMO, I made a graphic back then to illustrate the Action 2 lens crop:

Yeah, it is common to use some of the edges for regular stabilization for sure.
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules