DJI FPV battery communication error, RC error,no video
1309 3 2023-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KVdUvcj2gTlo
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I recently had a crash and did some repairs. After the crash I had a broken mount on the motor arm and propulsion error. Motors would start and had good communication with goggles and remote. After replacing one arm, one motor, and frame I have the following problems:

1. RC error
2. Battery communication error
3. No video transmission in goggles

I can power on all components. Drone starts and  makes motor noise and all lights functioning normally. The goggles show the two errors above. I can see the system acquire gps at 15 or so. I can change the gimbal angle seeing it move on the drone and in the goggles. RC and HD signal in goggles show max bars. I can start and stop recording via remote controller and watch recording playback so I know the camera is working

I understand the esc board connects to the battery and has contacts for battery communication. They seem well connected and exhibit continuity. I was planning on just replacing the ESC board since it may have been damaged, but I don’t know what to think of the lack of video in the goggles. It was working after the crash.  I was very meticulous and methodical with disassembly and reassembly.

Anyone have similar issues or any thoughts other than sending to DJI.

Thank you
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_KVdUvcj2gTlo.
We are sorry to read about the accident.
In consideration of flight safety, we suggest you send us your product for further checking.
Here is the link to submit a repair case: https://repair.dji.com/fi/repair/index
And you can also refer to the related Accessory Price via this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
We hope this information helps and if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_KVdUvcj2gTlo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-9 20:19
Hi, djiuser_KVdUvcj2gTlo.
We are sorry to read about the accident.
In consideration of flight safety, we suggest you send us your product for further checking.

Thank you Natalia. Can you tell me the if a battery communication error will always result in RC signal lost. It’s strange that the goggles are communicating everything but the battery level and video transmission.  And that both the drone and the goggles respond to the controller (changing gimbal angle for example). I have a new ESC installed so I’m assuming the problem is somewhere between the ESC and flight controller. I suppose I’ll have to check that ribbon cable on the flight controller side though I didn’t remove it from the FC.

Does DJI offer tech support beyond recommending to send in for eval and repair?
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_KVdUvcj2gTlo Posted at 4-13 17:32
Thank you Natalia. Can you tell me the if a battery communication error will always result in RC signal lost. It’s strange that the goggles are communicating everything but the battery level and video transmission.  And that both the drone and the goggles respond to the controller (changing gimbal angle for example). I have a new ESC installed so I’m assuming the problem is somewhere between the ESC and flight controller. I suppose I’ll have to check that ribbon cable on the flight controller side though I didn’t remove it from the FC.

Does DJI offer tech support beyond recommending to send in for eval and repair?

Hi, djiuser_KVdUvcj2gTlo
A possible reason for the Battery communication error warning is abnormal communication between the battery and the flight controller, leading to an identification failure. In your case, we may need to check your drone and confirm more details.And since your drone has crashed before, it is recommended to send your drone to us for further inspection. it is not recommended to repair it yourself, because it may cause unknown damage and void the warranty. May we know if you have any concerns? you can let us know here and we will see if we can help you further.
We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules