2632 10 2023-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexis Images
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613068 ft
Cyprus

Hi all,
Loving the waypoints feature on the Mini 3 Pro.
I've been commissioned to do a "Construction Progression" drone hyperlapse on a house being built by a friend.
I intend to do a circular hyperlapse of the property being built and yesterday I went to the building site to scout the area and record/save my waypoints. The question I have is how do I return to Waypoint 1 to complete the circle. Say I have Waypoints 1 through to 6; After Waypoint 6, I want to finish off by stopping at Waypoint 1 to complete the perfect loop. Yes, I can record the height and the camera angle and approximate position of where the drone was a t Waypoint 1 but it will never be spot-on the same as Waypoint 1, so it will always be glitchy when I edit all weekly progression recordings over the year-long+ build.

Any assistance or sharing your tips or experience would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Alexis

2023-4-9
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

There are 4 option in hyperlapse waypoints, use the Orbit/circle option with selecting the POI,
this will keep the camera towards the house (POI) & do a perfect circle without needing any manual input from you.
2023-4-10
Use props
Alexis Images
lvl.2
Cyprus

Ranjan Posted at 4-10 01:02
There are 4 option in hyperlapse waypoints, use the Orbit/circle option with selecting the POI,
this will keep the camera towards the house (POI) & do a perfect circle without needing any manual input from you.

Thanks for replying Ranjan
The "Orbit" option is fine if you are doing a Hyperlapse loop ONCE!
If you are doing many (in my case as many as 50)  which you will then use to edit one on top of the other for a smooth final result, it is imperative that they are correctly aligned and Waypoints is the only way to SAVE a route so that it is repeatable every time - the Orbit has no such save option so every time you do a loop you'll be guessing where it starts (and ends).
2023-4-10
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

HI Alexis,
AFAIK Waypoints in hyperlapse mode on Mini 3 pro are not that accurate in height (they differ about 15-50m) so I wont recommend using waypoint on Mini3pro for accuracy.

Ideally Dronelink business subscription is what you need which has GPS offset on each waypoint that gets you accurate passes by adjusting for height errors over the months you intend to shoot.

Another option could be that you choose waypoint mission & start the hyperlapse as soon as it goes to 1st waypoint stop the hyperlpase,
now drone is almost at the same GPS waypoint start shooting the orbit from this waypoint every time you need to shoot, this is closest to what you can do closing the circle perfectly with mini 3 pro.
2023-4-10
Use props
Alexis Images
lvl.2
Cyprus

Ranjan Posted at 4-10 01:41
HI Alexis,
AFAIK Waypoints in hyperlapse mode on Mini 3 pro are not that accurate in height (they differ about 15-50m) so I wont recommend using waypoint on Mini3pro for accuracy.

Thanks again Rajan
I had a quick look at Dronelink - looks interesting - I'll register and play with the beta.
As for the second option I am not sure I completely understood what you were suggesting - is that something in Dronelink or DJI Fly?
2023-4-10
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Alexis Images Posted at 4-10 05:58
Thanks again Rajan
I had a quick look at Dronelink - looks interesting - I'll register and play with the beta.
As for the second option I am not sure I completely understood what you were suggesting - is that something in Dronelink or DJI Fly?

Great I look forward to your experience with Dronelink Beta which is professionally suited for these kind of missions.

My 2nd suggestion was using DjiFly app as a workaround only but Dronelink is better for sure.

You save & select  waypoint mission & start the hyperlapse as soon as it goes to 1st waypoint & start taking shots, stop the hyperlpase. This is only being done to get to exact location saved in waypoint.

Now drone is almost at the same GPS waypoint start shooting the orbit from this waypoint every time you need to shoot, this is closest to what you can do closing the circle perfectly with mini 3 pro.

2023-4-10
Use props
Alexis Images
lvl.2
Cyprus

Ranjan Posted at 4-10 06:29
Great I look forward to your experience with Dronelink Beta which is professionally suited for these kind of missions.

My 2nd suggestion was using DjiFly app as a workaround only but Dronelink is better for sure.

Hi again
Based on my understanding of what you are suggesting (which I think is very clever!) what about:
a) Short waypoint route from a point x (near my starting point) to my starting point. When I get to the end I think the drone pauses anyway
b) From that point I do an orbit and I make sure I record somewhere the parameters of the orbit hyperlapse so it's always the same as it will always start from the same point - am I right?
Let me know if I am completely wrong!
Thanks again
Alexis

If I understood it right, you're suggesting a short (waypoint) route up to where  normal start point
2023-4-10
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alexis Images Posted at 4-10 07:07
Hi again
Based on my understanding of what you are suggesting (which I think is very clever!) what about:
a) Short waypoint route from a point x (near my starting point) to my starting point. When I get to the end I think the drone pauses anyway

That's about the only way you're going to get near enough to your original starting point.  I use a very short hyperlapse waypoint on the Mavic 3 in video mode, then switch over to the Hyperlapse and begin.   I realize video waypoints is not an option in the Mini 3 Pro, so a quick hyperlapse to your starting point would be the way.

They would do the Mini 3 Pro great justice by allowing POI in the hyperlapse waypoint so that you could somewhat accurately repeat the mission, but of course, they give you the minimum for the amount of money you spend.  

I'm also waiting for the day when you can PIN the map and that PIN is selectable and you can fly to it.  The only way is a waypoint, as the PIN doesn't do anything and can only manually navigate to it.  Once you restart the controller, the pin is lost.

The other solution to this is wait for the SDK and use 3rd part like mentioned.  Litchi is one of my favorites back on the Mavic Pro series.
2023-4-10
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Alexis Images Posted at 4-10 07:07
Hi again
Based on my understanding of what you are suggesting (which I think is very clever!) what about:

Yes you understood correctly, its a clever way to get to the exact geo location by way of waypoint.
1. Starting waypoint is more accurate than ending waypoint (thats what I have read on this forum)
2. Waypoint hyperlapse cant accurately form a circle, Orbit hyperlapse can do it way better.

What dronelink app does is far accurate since it is meant for such missions.
2023-4-10
Use props
weedhopper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

Ranjan Posted at 4-10 07:51
Yes you understood correctly, its a clever way to get to the exact geo location by way of waypoint.
1. Starting waypoint is more accurate than ending waypoint (thats what I have read on this forum)
2. Waypoint hyperlapse cant accurately form a circle, Orbit hyperlapse can do it way better.

Readed on Dronelink WebSite :

The Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Classic are not supported........
2023-4-10
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

weedhopper Posted at 4-10 10:26
Readed on Dronelink WebSite :

The Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Classic are not supported........

Correct but the Mini 3 Pro is in beta on their site. You have to be a paying customer and request access as well as accept the risks.  I’m none of the above.  
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules