Much needed feature enahancement: Raveneye and LIdar focus
1556 7 2023-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Hb5Sil4tpdiV
lvl.1
United States

I am very dissapointed that nothing has been done to allow the Raveneye control to be used with the Lidar on the RS 3 Pro.  At least have a toggle that allow you to turn off the active track from Raveneye and allow the Lidar to be used.  This would then allow us to use for the Gimble control and camera controls.

Is their a work around?
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-12
Use props
Shawn Strong
New

United States

I second the above statement!
2023-6-2
Use props
guitarrista
New

Germany

Hey, I hope this is the right place to discuss this (since I'm new to this forum, I can't post a new thread).
I have been really happy with the LIDAR on my RS3 Pro, but there is one thing that I do not know if the DJI team can improve on.

LIDAR freaks out on shots with haze/fog....
I can't use it at all. What are your experiences with this? Any workaround?
Best, Malte
2023-6-14
Use props
siposh
lvl.1
Slovenia

Yes, LIDAR really has a problem in environments with haze. It's too bad since this situations is very common for many filmmakers. Are there any options to improve on that with the software update?
2023-6-21
Use props
booray
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152041 ft
United States

Yes, not being able to connect the Lidar and RavenEye together makes this unworkable for me.  My intent was to have this on a Jib and be able to walk around and have the camera track and keep focus.  If this isn't going to be supported I'll need to return the Lidar.
2023-7-13
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

I ended up going back to RS2, 3D Focus and RavenEye since RS3Pro + LiDAR didn't work for me neither.
Spent days tyring to work it out but the resual was poor.

So ended up going back to RS2, 3D Focus and RavenEye.

2023-8-2
Use props
xray9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

booray Posted at 2023-7-13 16:39
Yes, not being able to connect the Lidar and RavenEye together makes this unworkable for me.  My intent was to have this on a Jib and be able to walk around and have the camera track and keep focus.  If this isn't going to be supported I'll need to return the Lidar.

Did you ever find a work around, we're trying the same thing
3-15 03:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules