Decentering issue Phantom 3 Pro camera
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Have had mine P3Pro for ten day's and i'v noticed a that the image is not uniformly sharp across the frame, one side is consistently softer then the other.

I'v emailed DJI europe more then ten samples, and i will contact the store where i bought it tomorrow to seek a solution. My P3Pro works flawless in any other regard so i would rather see them order a new camera.

Now it's not as bad as i'v seen some other examples, but it's there. If it wheren't for the fact i will use this professionally i wouldn't bother, but i need to get the best i can get out the 12mp files, it's not as apparent on the 4k clips but i can see it there as well.

Link to a image, can you tell which side is softer then the other ?

Example
2015-8-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mmm. I see no way to resolve this other than try and swap with the dealer of send to DJI.. Looks alike the lens might be off a little..
2015-8-23
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Right side is softer. I would claim a replacement of the camera or even the whole Phantom.
2015-8-23
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Yes will bring it to the store tomorrow and see how i can get it sorted.
2015-8-23
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

For those interested here is a clip showing the issues, it affects the film as well.

LINK

Look at the detail in the grass, and compare the two sides.
2015-8-23
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Update: Thanx to the store where i bought i will get a new unit as replacement, as they said the 8 week turnaround is not reasonable for a unit DOA out of the box.
2015-8-24
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Update for those interested:
My dealer which i have a great relationship with exchanged the whole P3P without any fuzz, quick initial testing shows this camera to perform as it should, even sharpness across the frame.

Will put thru it paces the coming days to see it's up to spec.

2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules