Error - Sudden change in D-RTK 2 position data
2468 10 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicolas - DD
lvl.1

France

The M300 drone stays on and is connected to the D-RTK 2 at all times (24/7). It’s working good except when the RC DJI Pilot display the following message: "Sudden change in RTK position data. Restart the device." - "RTK position data changed slightly when the device was shut down. Restart the device."

A reset of the complete system allows to find the connection, but our need is to have a fully automatic system. Does somebody have a similar trouble? Or, do you have a workaround to propose to stop having this error?

Thank in advance for reading and your help

2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will consult your issue with our engineers first and get back to you with their response.
2023-4-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

24/7 means you never turn off the drone?  I'm curious to see the response of DJI engineers
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We received the response from our engineers. 1. Generally, sudden change in RTK position data indicates that D-RTK2 or satellite searching of the aircraft fluctuates.  Normally, it is necessary to check the surrounding environment. and the satellite-searching status of the device, ensure that the environment is free from interference.  2. We saw that you need a fully automatic system. Do you mean you have a DJI Dock-alike equipment to use together with M300 RTK?  At present, the M300 RTK needs to replace the battery manually, and we are sorry that have no solution for the time being;  Moreover, May we know why do you need the aircraft to be turned on all the time? There will be certain impacts on the lifetime of the aircraft by doing so.
2023-4-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd say that if you have US $100K+ to get a Skydio Dock, but that won't have RTK :p
2023-4-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-13 05:14
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We received the response from our engineers. 1. Generally, sudden change in RTK position data indicates that D-RTK2 or satellite searching of the aircraft fluctuates.  Normally, it is necessary to check the surrounding environment. and the satellite-searching status of the device, ensure that the environment is free from interference.  2. We saw that you need a fully automatic system. Do you mean you have a DJI Dock-alike equipment to use together with M300 RTK?  At present, the M300 RTK needs to replace the battery manually, and we are sorry that have no solution for the time being;  Moreover, May we know why do you need the aircraft to be turned on all the time? There will still be certain impacts on the lifetime of the aircraft by doing so.

"There will still be certain impacts on the lifetime of the aircraft by doing so."

This is the answer I was expecting. Thanks
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-13 06:51
"There will still be certain impacts on the lifetime of the aircraft by doing so."

This is the answer I was expecting. Thanks

We appreciate your feedback.
2023-4-14
Use props
Nicolas - DD
lvl.1

France

Dear Wanda,
Thank you for your answer and advice.
To answer your question, we have a DJI dock-alike system with a M300 RTK. As it's an automatic system, we should avoid any manual operation as turn-on/turn off.
2023-4-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Nicolas - DD Posted at 4-14 06:25
Dear Wanda,
Thank you for your answer and advice.
To answer your question, we have a DJI dock-alike system with a M300 RTK. As it's an automatic system, we should avoid any manual operation as turn-on/turn off.

In this case wouldn't it be more appropriate to use your own NTRIP caster with a third party antenna? DRTK2 is known to cause a lot of failures.
2023-4-14
Use props
CiceroACP
New

Brazil

I've been having trouble turning on my M-300 RTK for a few months now. At startup the error message appears: "sudden RTK position data change". I need to turn everything off for 10 minutes and try again. Sometimes the error disappears on the first try, but there are situations where I need to perform this procedure several times until the error disappears.  I already inform you that the viewing conditions for the satellites are always ideal, with a completely open view of the sky, far from any building or electromagnetic interference.  I wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem, because if it's a problem that only happens to me, I'll take it to maintenance.
2023-7-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CiceroACP Posted at 7-28 07:03
I've been having trouble turning on my M-300 RTK for a few months now. At startup the error message appears: "sudden RTK position data change". I need to turn everything off for 10 minutes and try again. Sometimes the error disappears on the first try, but there are situations where I need to perform this procedure several times until the error disappears.  I already inform you that the viewing conditions for the satellites are always ideal, with a completely open view of the sky, far from any building or electromagnetic interference.  I wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem, because if it's a problem that only happens to me, I'll take it to maintenance.

Which GNSS configuration are you using ?

Are you connected to an NTRIP client ?
2023-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules