O3 camera out of focus
1014 7 2023-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fpv_captures
lvl.1

Cyprus

Hello, my camera took a hit on the lens when I crashed on a plant that was sticking out in my yard. The plant just bended and it didn't deliver a hard hit on the lens. The lens of the camera still looks like new, zero scratches or anything visible. From that day on I feel like the one side of the lens is a bit blurry, as you can see in the photos. Can I turn the lens so it becomes focused again? Or is there anything I can do to fix it?
blurry1.jpg
blurry2.jpg
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. You may calibrate the camera first and refresh the firmware.
If the issue persists, please send it back for further testing.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage
2023-4-12
Use props
Fpv_captures
lvl.1

Cyprus

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-12 04:18
Hello, there. You may calibrate the camera first and refresh the firmware.
If the issue persists, please send it back for further testing.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage

I don't see any options in the DJI assistant 2 for calibration. How can I do that?
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Fpv_captures Posted at 4-12 09:08
I don't see any options in the DJI assistant 2 for calibration. How can I do that?

Please use an external power supply to power the DJI O3 Air Unit and connect it to a PC via the USB-C cable. Launch DJI Assistant 2, and the device interface will display a prompt for updating the camera calibration file. Click to confirm and wait for the calibration file update to complete. (If the camera module malfunctions, you can also try this method to restore the camera calibration file.)
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/o3-air-unit
2023-4-13
Use props
Fpv_captures
lvl.1

Cyprus

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-13 00:53
Please use an external power supply to power the DJI O3 Air Unit and connect it to a PC via the USB-C cable. Launch DJI Assistant 2, and the device interface will display a prompt for updating the camera calibration file. Click to confirm and wait for the calibration file update to complete. (If the camera module malfunctions, you can also try this method to restore the camera calibration file.)
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/o3-air-unit

I followed the steps you provided. Plugged in the battery first, then connected the unit to the pc, then launched the assistant (the latest version). Nothing pops that says anything about calibration. The only thing I see is the firmware which I refreshed.
2023-4-13
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3592428 ft
Romania

hi, did you manage to solve your issue? my o3 camera started to be blurry and out of focus and i can’t figure out why and how can i solve it… I cannot find the calibration of the o3 when i plug it in when powered on
3-24 11:23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sunete Posted at 3-24 11:23
hi, did you manage to solve your issue? my o3 camera started to be blurry and out of focus and i can’t figure out why and how can i solve it… I cannot find the calibration of the o3 when i plug it in when powered on

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Suppose the long screw on the side of the camera is screwed too deep into the camera module. In that case, it will cause the sensor position to change so that the camera cannot focus which might affect the image transmission screen and the video became blurry. Please prevent the long screw from being screwed too deep into the camera module when mounting the camera module, which may affect the image quality. Please keep us posted.
3-24 19:41
Use props
Kibby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144501 ft
Canada

Just to confirm, plug in external battery thru drone to power up O3 then connect USB-C cable into O3 air unit to computer..

I'm going to assume your instruction goes like:
Power up O3 using external battery
Connect O3 air unit to computer
Open DJI Assistant 2 Customer Edition
Turn on Goggles 2 and look at goggles screen; new instructions will appear to complete the calibration procedure

Is that correct?
4-13 02:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules