Fear of Flying Drones in Public? Here's the Solution!
593 7 2023-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I would love to hear your story, worries, and planned actions if you run into anti-drone people. This topic seems to be dominant among viewers of my channel, which is fully understandable as it's not a pleasant experience. I made this video on the topic with suggestions on how to handle situations like this

Are you a NEW Drone Pilot?
I am starting a drone academy/community named "1st Drone Academy" that primarily caters to new DJI pilots. Our goal is to help you become a better drone pilot, gain confidence when flying in public, and overcome any hesitancy. The community aspect is already in motion, and I welcome new drone pilots to join us in building a great community for like-minded individuals.

You can join us for free at http://www.1stdroneacademy.com
(Make sure to fill out the bio, and answer 2 mandatory questions to be accepted)

2023-4-12
Use props
Larry3215
lvl.2

United States

Good tips!

Thanks
2023-4-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job on this video Henrik.  I normally fly out and back from my live aboard boat which is on private property so no issues with nosy or annoyed whiners.  However, when I'm away from my property I wear a reflective vest and stand out in the open.  I have drone rules printed on a leaflet that I will give to somebody telling  me I'm flying illegally.  I also keep my license and associated paperwork with me at all times.  
2023-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I have run into them. But always managed to agree on some kind of 'solution' that we both were happy with.
2023-4-13
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34573 ft
Italy

Hi, I fly with my drones (Mini 2, Mini 3 pro RC and Mavic 2 pro) in places where I meet few people.  Until now I have only flown to Italy where I live.  Naturally I have certified, even if not necessary for drones weighing up to 250 grams, insurance and mandatory registration with Italian d-flight.  I fly as a hobby and have met people asking me for general information about drones. I was happy to answer them.  I try not to annoy and respect the privacy of others.
Good flights
2023-4-14
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-12 13:07
Nice job on this video Henrik.  I normally fly out and back from my live aboard boat which is on private property so no issues with nosy or annoyed whiners.  However, when I'm away from my property I wear a reflective vest and stand out in the open.  I have drone rules printed on a leaflet that I will give to somebody telling  me I'm flying illegally.  I also keep my license and associated paperwork with me at all times.

"drone rules printed on a leaflet"
Hi good idea, do you have a printable copy of exactly which rules you quote?  Be useful I am sure.
2023-4-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 4-14 11:11
"drone rules printed on a leaflet"
Hi good idea, do you have a printable copy of exactly which rules you quote?  Be useful I am sure.

PM me your email and I'll send you a copy.  So far using this leaflet has kept people from confronting me while the drone is in flight and most leave after reading the leaflet.  There will always be a "Karen" approach.  
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules