Flyaway
415 3 2023-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0tlZlcwjVlO7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1166109 ft
Australia

I had a case of flyaway after the cable from the remote connecting to my Iphone broke because the lightning piece detached from the cable.

The drone didn’t RTH and I searched the area but never found it (also hard because part of it was above water) so I filed a flyaway case which is taking a long time to process.. The dji fly app also kept crashing after the incident happen so I saved the flight records and video cache on my computer and then I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it to open. I submitted the flight records, video cache and completed the flyaway report from the app.

Do people have tips for next time a drone gets disconnected with the RC via the phone, what is the best thing to do? I definitely panicked after the cable broke and the app would open. Also the remote controller made some beeping noises different from the noises when the aircraft is turned off.

Also do people have tips to protect drones with like flotation devices or airtags to make them easier to locate?

Thanks for the help
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will ask the relevant team to pay attention to your case first.
We noticed that you sent us the related data already, after checking the details of your case, we will keep you updated via Email.
2023-4-14
Use props
Sky Biscuit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1922920 ft
Canada

Was the Find my Drone feature not working for some reason? To protect my own drone, I would be interested to learn of instances when it might not be. That really sucks about your drone.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sky Biscuit Posted at 4-14 09:55
Was the Find my Drone feature not working for some reason? To protect my own drone, I would be interested to learn of instances when it might not be. That really sucks about your drone.

Hi, Sky Biscuit.
Sorry for the belated reply.

If your cable is broken, the connection between the phone and the remote control would be disconnected, while the signal connection between the remote control and the aircraft is still normal, at this time, your drone will not trigger the Failsafe RTH.
When this happens, you can long press the back button of the remote control, after which your drone will return home.

Regarding the “Find My Drone” function, when you use this function, you can locate the disconnected location when you lost the drone. You can check this link for details: https://repair.dji.com/repair/flyaway
If you meet any related problems, please let us know.

We also noticed that you sent us an email and we have urged the relevant team to handle your case as soon as possible, so please don't worry.

If you need anything else throughout the repair period, you can always contact me.

Thank you again for your support.
2023-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules