123Next >
13104 107 2023-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

Well, the Android 14 Beta is out after two months of Developer Previews.  I shouldn't have been surprised, but getting ready for a camping trip and V1.9.9 of the DJI Fly app doesn't work.

Now, waiting months for the app update . . .
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, tonered. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with more information about the issue? Are you getting any error messages or is there any specific feature you were not able to use?

Can you please also provide us with the following information for further checking:
• App version.
• Brand and Model of Mobile Device.
• Screenshot of the mobile system information.
• Video of operation.
• App Log.
App Log Export
Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path is as follows: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG (The path of the version before DJI Fly App V1.4.12 is DJI>dji.go.v5>LOG), and then export the data in the ""LOG"" folder.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

And this is somehow unexpected when using Beta software?? If you are inclined to use Beta software (especially the operating system), incompatible/glitchy apps are to be expected ...Get the Beta off of there and take your trip.
2023-4-16
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 23:11
Hi, tonered. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with more information about the issue? Are you getting any error messages or is there any specific feature you we're not able to use?

Can you please also provide us with the following information for further checking:

It is just a failure to launch the app, just like when Android 13 happened.  Hit the icon, the app flashes up briefly, and dies.

For the Info:

--  DJI Fly V1.9.9 since I had the Unable to Takeoff issue.
--  Google Pixel 6 XL.
--  I will PM you the screenshot.
--  No ability to do a video.
--  I will PM you the app log, if I can get it.

Thanks.
2023-4-17
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

jmb63 Posted at 4-16 04:21
And this is somehow unexpected when using Beta software?? If you are inclined to use Beta software (especially the operating system), incompatible/glitchy apps are to be expected ...Get the Beta off of there and take your trip.

I must disagree with you. I have had only one or two apps to ever struggle with Beta OS releases.  Typically, those apps didn't do well on the non-Beta version either.  Those app never stopped me from using a piece of HW though.

As stated in the first post, Android launches Developer Previews well ahead of the public Betas, which are very stable and usually full up OSs.  A company of DJI's level should have something ready during the DP window, if it is affected by the OS change.  This seems to happen with each new Android version.
2023-4-17
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I would never use a beta OS for flying my drone. It's worth you highlighted the issue, to make DJI able to fix it before the final release, but you cannot complain with the manufacturer if an app cannot run on a beta OS. No software vendor provide official support on beta OSs.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tonered Posted at 4-17 06:02
It is just a failure to launch the app, just like when Android 13 happened.  Hit the icon, the app flashes up briefly, and dies.

For the Info:

Hi, tonered. Thank you for the reply and the links. We have forwarded them to our relevant team, we will let you know once we receive feedback from them. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-4-20
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

FabioV Posted at 4-17 23:20
I would never use a beta OS for flying my drone. It's worth you highlighted the issue, to make DJI able to fix it before the final release, but you cannot complain with the manufacturer if an app cannot run on a beta OS. No software vendor provide official support on beta OSs.

Again, please see my post just above yours.  No other app struggles like this.  Every Android Beta that I have ever tried was as stable as a final release.  One Beta had tap to pay support delay for one cycle and I had a bootloop on one version.  Honestly, quite seamless overall.

The app does not fly the drone, only permits takeoff and FPV.  I would agree if I were controlling the drone with my phone.  If I can get TO permission, then I generally trust the app.

Further, I would agree with you if we were discussing a Developer Preview, not a public Beta.

Cheers!
2023-4-21
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-20 19:31
Hi, tonered. Thank you for the reply and the links. We have forwarded them to our relevant team, we will let you know once we receive feedback from them. Thank you for your cooperation.

You are very welcome!

I am happy to help with anything else that you might need.
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tonered Posted at 4-21 06:49
You are very welcome!

I am happy to help with anything else that you might need.

Hi, tonered. Thank you for your cooperation. We sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 01:52
Hi, tonered. Thank you for your cooperation. We sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.

Got it!

PM'ed you back with questions.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_P0uaVH0KRQCw
New
Flight distance : 20994 ft
Italy

Hello, I am a software developer and I can help you with debug info if needed
I have the same issue on my Pixel 6 Pro updated to Android 14 Beta
2023-4-27
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 01:52

Just a note that Andriod 14 Beta 1.1 is out with some fixes.  Same issue with the Fly app version 1.9.9.  Downloading V1.10.0 now.
2023-4-27
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

No luck with V1.10.0.
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tonered Posted at 4-27 06:00
No luck with V1.10.0.

Thank you for the update, tonered. Can you please provide the bug report on Android 14 Beta 1.1 with 'DJI Fly V1.10.0 to the link we provided via PM? Thank you.
2023-4-27
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-27 07:38
Thank you for the update, tonered. Can you please provide the bug report on Android 14 Beta 1.1 with 'DJI Fly V1.10.0 to the link we provided via PM? Thank you.

I  would love to provide it to you, but the last step showed to email it.  No email address was provided.
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tonered Posted at 4-27 07:44
I  would love to provide it to you, but the last step showed to email it.  No email address was provided.

Hi there. Please check our PM regarding this. Thank you.
2023-4-28
Use props
djiuser_pXo9ufz9Jdxf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70761 ft
United States

Identical issue with DJI Fly 1.10 Android 14 on Pixel 4a5G.
2023-4-29
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 23:18
Hi there. Please check our PM regarding this. Thank you.

Thanks.  Will do.
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tonered Posted at 4-30 06:22
Thanks.  Will do.

You're welcome. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_pXo9ufz9Jdxf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70761 ft
United States

djiuser_pXo9ufz9Jdxf Posted at 4-29 09:20
Identical issue with DJI Fly 1.10 Android 14 on Pixel 4a5G.

Still waiting on a resolution.  Drone will not work without software.
2023-5-2
Use props
Wathii
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue. Android 14 Beta (Upside-down cake) - with DJI Fly 1.10 app - The DJI app is the ONLY app that doesn't work on the phone!  Same issue as the others. All briefly launches and then instantly quits.  If there are any work-arounds please let me know.

Thanks!  
2023-5-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

No one mentioned it, but did you try uninstalling Fly first or just update?
2023-5-6
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-6 08:10
No one mentioned it, but did you try uninstalling Fly first or just update?

Good idea.

I will give that a try.
2023-5-6
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-6 08:10
No one mentioned it, but did you try uninstalling Fly first or just update?

Well. Valiant effort, but trying to install the new V1.10.1 , the installer hangs and does not complete. That will unfortunately stop me from helping with an more logs until I can get it installed.

I did a power cycle twice with no luck there.
2023-5-6
Use props
HussX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509 ft
United States

To all, it works on beta 2!
2023-5-10
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

HussX Posted at 5-10 16:35
To all, it works on beta 2!

Sweet!

I just got a notification for that update.

Thanks!
2023-5-10
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

I got Android updated, but the Fly installer is still hanging up. Bummer.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_dbRwwUM741a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98576 ft

United States

My App works now on 14 beta 2.
2023-5-11
Use props
Hufsa
lvl.1

Norway

I would never use a beta OS for flying my drone. It's worth you highlighted the issue, to make DJI able to fix it before the final release, but you cannot complain with the manufacturer if an app cannot run on a beta OS. No software vendor provide official support on beta OSs.

I think the real issue here is that we all know DJI is  slow with these updates. This dance happens every year and it's better to let them know about this as soon as possible so they can start working on the update.

Anyway.... I'll bet they won't be able to fix this before after the final release of Android 14. Not because they can't, but just because they are super slow at this.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_fNMjG6AzGFZI
New
Flight distance : 271791 ft

Italy

To recap the good beta 1 does not work; beta 2 goes; beta 3 doesn't work ... I'm starting to get scared even on the stable version XD ... Give an official DJI answer because you're doing a great ... ;) Sincerely
2023-6-11
Use props
djiuser_fNMjG6AzGFZI
New
Flight distance : 271791 ft

Italy

To recap the good beta 1 does not work; beta 2 goes; beta 3 doesn't work ... I'm starting to get scared even on the stable version XD ... Give an official DJI answer because you're doing a great sh1t ;) Sincerely
2023-6-11
Use props
itamargs
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_fNMjG6AzGFZI Posted at 6-11 04:52
To recap the good  beta 1 does not work; beta 2 goes; beta 3 doesn't work ... I'm starting to get scared even on the stable version XD ... Give an official DJI answer because you're doing a great sh1t ;) Sincerely

Same here.
Beta2 => works
Beta3 => crashes on start
2023-6-11
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

On Beta 3, I can at least install the app again. Crashes though. Oh well . . .
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_gjWp9by6C7M9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32477 ft

France

I own A LOT of connected devices even from weird brands, and I am myself android developer.
The quality of the app support they provide us scary, they are by far the worst, behind a lot of other brands

My first and last product from them
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_YnSqwIMhy4aP
lvl.2

Germany

It would be really nice if they fix this asap.
I need that drone for my work.

I will never do any Android Beta again. First camera issues, now that.
2023-6-16
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

Annnnnnd, V1.10.4 doesn't work either. Ridiculous.
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_gjWp9by6C7M9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32477 ft

France

tonered Posted at 6-22 08:25
Annnnnnd, V1.10.4 doesn't work either. Ridiculous.
Application not available on the play store because the application didn't meet the already low privacy criterias from Google

Application having les support for new Android versions than indie applications and millions of applications available.

The hardware is so nice but the software experience really makes me regret buying DJI products.
Never again.
2023-6-24
Use props
Sarbland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1001827 ft
Pakistan

There are smart people like you. And when you upgrade to final Android 14 OS and face no issue with fly app then think of the stupid people who volunteered to Beta program and reported issues timely so the issue is fixed either by OS or App side.
2023-6-26
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

Sarbland Posted at 6-26 22:18
There are smart people like you. And when you upgrade to final Android 14 OS and face no issue with fly app then think of the stupid people who volunteered to Beta program and reported issues timely so the issue is fixed either by OS or App side.

As far as I know, there is not any official beta program about the DJI Fly app on Android. Because a beta program usually has a dedicated forum and dedicated releases that are managed outside the main branch and delivered  frequently. I often attend beta programs, but only when they’re organized in the right way.
And, by the way, I stopped using Android devices years ago, just because of this kind of issues (and also some others that I do not want to discuss here because OT).
2023-6-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules