DJI FPV Goggles can not connect to Dji Fly Android App
2367 29 2023-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Just some notes:
1. I have tried connection via several different cables, each of them working with different dji goggles, but not mine.
2. I have tried connection to several Android phones with newest DjiFly installed.
3. It is not new, but previous owner told me that worked month ago.
4. It still possible to connect Goggles to my Laptop and update Firmware / download logs.
5. With "USB Device Info" app on my Android phone I can see "pigeon" device, but no connection in Dji Fly.

My phone: Pixel 4a (5G) Android 13
Dji Fly App version: 1.9.9

Goggles 2 Firmware: 01.07.00.00
SN 37SBHC500100L6

USD-C data cable - original (two components).

2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the belated reply. May I confirm if you tried the recommended phones on the list (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly) and still meet this problem as well? And could you please try to refresh the firmware again and see if the problem can be resolved? Thanks in advance.
2023-4-17
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Thanks for your response.

I have Google Pixel 4a phone and it seems it is compatile (as long as Google Pixel 4 is compatible).
I've tried to refresh firmware and, also, tried to downgrade and upgrade again. Still no luck.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-17 21:30
Thanks for your response.

I have Google Pixel 4a phone and it seems it is compatile (as long as Google Pixel 4 is compatible).

Hello, there. Did you try to connect your DJI Goggles 2 with other mobile devices?
2023-4-17
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Yes, I've been to Dji Ofiicial shop and tried several phones and cables with seller.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-17 23:05
Yes, I've been to Dji Ofiicial shop and tried several phones and cables with seller.

1. May we know if you use Type C-C cables for connections or a OTG cable + Type A-C for connection?
2. Does other mobile devices connect to DJI FLY APP successfully with the same cable?
2023-4-17
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

1. I use two cables USB-A - USB-C MM + FM (like on photo)
2. No, I didn't find any mobile device able to connect successfully yet...
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-18 20:11
1. I use two cables USB-A - USB-C MM + FM (like on photo)
2. No, I didn't find any mobile device able to connect successfully yet...
[view_image]

Please try the connections methods we wrote above.
use Type C-C cables for connections or an OTG cable (in the box) + Type A-C for connection
2023-4-18
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

I've already tried all possible cables before the first message. Including specific to Dji Type C-C data cables I tried in Dji official local shop.
Also, please note, that cable on the photo was in the box and it is OTG + Type A-C.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-19 00:23
I've already tried all possible cables before the first message. Including specific to Dji Type C-C data cables I tried in Dji official local shop.
Also, please note, that cable on the photo was in the box and it is OTG + Type A-C.

Kindly note that the USB-C OTG cable’s Type-C port must be connected to the DJI Goggles 2.
Did you see a prompt display on the Android device after the USB cable is connected? Please make sure you choose “File transfers”.
2023-4-19
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

No, I don't see any prompt on Android device after USB connected. Also, no menu to choose "File transfers".
I can see "pigeon" device when OTG cable connected to a phone, not to Goggles.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Zergos Posted at 4-19 03:32
No, I don't see any prompt on Android device after USB connected. Also, no menu to choose "File transfers".
I can see "pigeon" device when OTG cable connected to a phone, not to Goggles.

Do you mean the OTG cable’s Type-C port is connected to the phone? Please note that The USB-C OTG cable’s Type-C port must be connected to the DJI Goggles 2. You may refer to the picture below.
Besides, you mentioned that you've tested different DJI Goggles. Do you mean your phone can connect to other Goggles 2 successfully but not your Goggles 2?
2023-4-20
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Unfortunately no connection this way.
I will try another OTG tomorrow and will let you know.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zergos Posted at 4-20 05:33
Unfortunately no connection this way.
I will try another OTG tomorrow and will let you know.

Okay, looking forward to your update. Please also tell us if your phone can connect to other Goggles 2 successfully.
2023-4-21
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Russia

I have been to shop today and tried another OTG cable connecting the same way as on the photo. Unfortunately, no luck...
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zergos Posted at 4-21 02:16
I have been to shop today and tried another OTG cable connecting the same way as on the photo. Unfortunately, no luck...

Could you please tell us if you've tested other Goggles with this phone? Please tell us this so that we can better locate the cause.
2023-4-22
Use props
djiuser_xaksnIUb4Sfm
New

Finland

I have problems with a message on my goggles " aircraft firmware out of date. Every time i try to fix it by using dji fly, i get message server error. I also tried with dji assistant, but no luck. I have tried with every cable
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_xaksnIUb4Sfm Posted at 4-22 13:08
I have problems with a message on my goggles " aircraft firmware out of date. Every time i try to fix it by using dji fly, i get message server error. I also tried with dji assistant, but no luck. I have tried with every cable

Hi there, may I ask about the model of your drone and Goggles? It's DJI FPV Goggles V2 or DJI Goggles 2?
2023-4-22
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hello. Yes, sure.
I have specified drone model in the topic... DJI FPV
And Goggles model in the first message... DJI Goggles 2
It was bundled in one box

2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zergos Posted at 4-23 21:31
Hello. Yes, sure.
I have specified drone model in the topic... DJI FPV
And Goggles model in the first message... DJI Goggles 2

Sorry for the confusion caused. Regarding the model information, I am asking djiuser_xaksnIUb4Sfm.
Could you please check my reply on 16#? Did you test your phone with other Goggles 2? In this way, we can better check if it's an issue with the Goggles 2 or your phone.
2023-4-24
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Sure, yes, sorry, I missed 16.

No, I didn't test any other Goggles with my phone and I don't have any around...
But I tested this Goggles with my two other phones at my home and several others in the shop.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zergos Posted at 4-24 01:47
Sure, yes, sorry, I missed 16.

No, I didn't test any other Goggles with my phone and I don't have any around...

May I ask the model of the other phones you tested with? Are they also on the compatibility list? And could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the 'pigeon' icon you mentioned? Please also provide us with a picture of the connection for our further confirmation.
2023-4-24
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Yes, sure.
I tested with Samsung S21 5G and
Sony Xperia XZ1 (unrooted)

Next screenshot was taken from my Google Pixel 4a:
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-24 02:40
Yes, sure.
I tested with Samsung S21 5G and
Sony Xperia XZ1 (unrooted)

1. I have tried connection via several different cables, each of them working with different dji goggles, but not mine.
Hello, then may we know more details about this sentence?
2023-4-24
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

I've been in official shop and at local drone service, asked them to check connection with my Goggles using their own cables. They claimed I have some issues with my Goggles after connection tests, because they used officially supported cables. Unfortunately, I didn't note cable models and didn't check connection with another Goggles with them. And that's why I came here for additional expertise.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-24 23:42
I've been in official shop and at local drone service, asked them to check connection with my Goggles using their own cables. They claimed I have some issues with my Goggles after connection tests, because they used officially supported cables. Unfortunately, I didn't note cable models and didn't check connection with another Goggles with them. And that's why I came here for additional expertise.

Thanks. Will it be possible for you to borrow an iPhone and test the connection issue?
2023-4-25
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

I have just realized my mistake about Goggles model.
I have Goggles V2, not Goggles 2.
Sorry about misconfusion.

I can't find iPhone easily and it could take several days to meet friend who own one...
Is it possible to perform any helpfull actions or check without iphone right now?
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Zergos Posted at 4-26 00:39
I have just realized my mistake about Goggles model.
I have Goggles V2, not Goggles 2.
Sorry about misconfusion.

The connection methods are basically the same.
If you are able to test it with an iPhone and it connects without a problem, then we will recommend you change a cable. Or you may go to the shop and see whether your phone can connect to other Goggles with the same cable.
If it is impossible for you to do so, we will recommend you send the DJI Fpv Goggles V2 back for further diagnosis.  Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-4-26
Use props
Zergos
lvl.1

Indonesia

Ok, thanks for your help.
I going to send it for further diagnosis to Service Center.
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zergos Posted at 4-26 02:08
Ok, thanks for your help.
I going to send it for further diagnosis to Service Center.

You're welcome. You can also check the case status through this link. https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en
Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules