Why active track is disable for high frame rate
1908 10 2023-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
azurewtl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18816 ft
China

My first DJI drone was mavic air1, it was a fantastic drone, compact and very functional. The active track is completely independent from video recording. You can record 120fps with tracking. I'm selling my air 2s, one of the reason is that it doesnt support high frame rate while active tracking.Now i'm switching air 2s to mini3 pro, hoping the newer drone could support at least 60fps while tracking, but it doesn't.Tracking is important when you have to control the drone while snowboarding, driving or biking, because teaching girl friend flying a drone is mission impossible.
Even when I am the poilot shooting a moving target, letting the drone pointing to target is pretty smooth. Needless to say, high frame rate is important for slow motion. Even using frame insertion algo, 60fps give much more head room and result in more stable output.
Technically, mini3 pro should have enough computaional power to record 1080p 60fps if not 4k 60fsp with active tracking. It can simple drop half of the frame with doing object recognition, but still encode all the frame for video recording.
PS:mavic air1 comes with DJI GO app, it record audio in cache file. Sometime it record valuable sound and you can merge it back to original video. Wondering why nobody mention this function.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-4-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

All ideas are collected, guaranteed...     
2023-4-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mini 3 RC controller doesn't have a Mic inside so they are unlikely to add a feature it cannot use.
2023-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can add a wireless USB-C mic, just an el'cheapo one works just fine, but obviously, you need to use the screen recorder or add a 3rd party recording app...

...the latter will only work if you have made access to install 3rd party apps...

As for a higher frame rate, perhaps the Mini 3 Pro does not have the resources, one thing that some forget is that this drone does not have a fan to keep it cool, so this will cause some limitations
2023-4-18
Use props
azurewtl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18816 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-18 03:09
You can add a wireless USB-C mic, just an el'cheapo one works just fine, but obviously, you need to use the screen recorder or add a 3rd party recording app...

...the latter will only work if you have made access to install 3rd party apps...

Mini3 can record 4k 60fps. It should have the resource to tracking things in 1080p 60fps.
2023-4-18
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

azurewtl Posted at 4-18 05:50
Mini3 can record 4k 60fps. It should have the resource to tracking things in 1080p 60fps.

Video is a small processing and recording on the card. And motion tracking is image analysis, which requires large computing resources of the processor.
2023-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 4-18 06:54
Video is a small processing and recording on the card. And motion tracking is image analysis, which requires large computing resources of the processor.

would it use the CPU or GPU, either way, they probably don't have the capability...
2023-4-20
Use props
djiuser_A17oqF0tSZWI
New

India

Please unlock 1080  60 fps  in active track mode
2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_A17oqF0tSZWI
New

India

Please add 60 fps video options active track mode
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A17oqF0tSZWI Posted at 10-27 10:30
Please unlock 1080  60 fps  in active track mode

This request was already forwarded. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules