Charging options in the wilderness
546 2 2023-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kperensovich
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone has figured out a solution for charging DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic Pro batteries while in remote areas with no access to an outlet? I'm referring to a remote enough area where brining a portable power station that weighs more than 5lbs is not an option. I discovered Water Lily Turbine, which is more along the lines of what I was picturing could work, but I don't think it produces enough energy to charge a DJI drone battery?  I don't know if they even make drone battery charging cords that have a USB plug-in end. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

K
2023-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With Waterlily you could get the SAE to Car Charger Adapter and then use the car charger for the batteries.  
2023-4-18
Use props
emmafrost1
New

India

You mentioned the Water Lily Turbine, which is a great idea, but it may not produce enough energy to charge a DJI drone battery. Unfortunately, DJI drone battery charging cords don't come with a USB plug-in end.

One option is to use a portable solar panel. There are several portable solar panels on the market that are lightweight and can be easily packed for travel. Another option is to use a car charger adapter for your drone battery charger. This will allow you to charge your drone batteries using your car's cigarette lighter outlet.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions!
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules