655 0 2023-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had recently a flyaway and crash with total loss of control after doing an orbit. A combination of things ocurred had a low battery rth prompt before I had completed the orbit so I cancelled it to complete the orbit, no biggie there was just a quarter of the orbit left, when the orbit was complete i hit the stop button on the spotlight controls and the orbit stopped as well as the recording, I then proceeded to take the controls where the left stick was not doing anything at all and the right stick was doing everything seemingly backwards, at that point second return to home, low battery prompt came on and I allowed it to fly back, however it did not fly directly towards my location but towards another direction then the critical battery and landing prompt came on and  the aircraft proceeded to crash. I saw the bird come down at an algle which just is not correct. Needless to say as it landed in the middle of a street it possibly got run over by a car or truck, unfortunatelly since the recording mode had cancelled after I turned off the orbit none of that was recorded. DJI tells me and insists it was my fault citing after a second flight investigation, that I didn't turn off the POI mode and the sticks would not act as normal. I gave up and just proceeded with the care refresh. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing, does pressing the stop button to exit POI mode not enough? is there an additional step to exit the mode that I missed somewhere?
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules