No one see Movement in stationary vids
420 8 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well if I stand still the camera will adjust. no one  notices that, right??
2023-4-23
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

I made a video where I also made this observation... I'll post it here although it was about comparing HDR and D-Clike in low light. I haven't done any further research in this direction, but it will probably be related to how the Osmo Action 3 does the white balance. From 2:43 pay attention to the sky.

2023-4-23
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

Or do you mean the movement that happens before you move your camera? (The movement starts even before you touch the camera.)
2023-4-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Didn't you guys remember my post a few week ago where I did mention it?
Color change when standing still and NOT using AutoWB. My example back then where from when I was plowing snow and some guys debunked it.

And I haven't doing any test about it after that time, never remembered
2023-4-23
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

johansenfoto Posted at 4-23 07:45
Didn't you guys remember my post a few week ago where I did mention it?
Color change when standing still and NOT using AutoWB. My example back then where from when I was plowing snow and some guys debunked it.

I remembered your video on the subject, so I highlighted it in my HDR video. But I didn't bother with it because I thought I was too critical. Most didn't even say anything about the noise in HDR..
2023-4-23
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-23 08:10
I remembered your video on the subject, so I highlighted it in my HDR video. But I didn't bother with it because I thought I was too critical. Most didn't even say anything about the noise in HDR..

Did you have AutoWB switched off like johansenfoto had on his video?
His video was not stationary so as I assumed, it was hard to tell, if it was really WB change or different reflections in the snow by changing the angle to the sky (snow is a beast for wb ;) ).
A stationary cam is a totally different setup and much better for obersvations regarding WB changes.
2023-4-23
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJ DJ Posted at 4-23 11:17
Did you have AutoWB switched off like johansenfoto had on his video?
His video was not stationary so as I assumed, it was hard to tell, if it was really WB change or different reflections in the snow by changing the angle to the sky (snow is a beast for wb ;) ).
A stationary cam is a totally different setup and much better for obersvations regarding WB changes.

Unfortunately I have to say that I don't know if AWB was off... Probably not.
2023-4-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-23 08:10
I remembered your video on the subject, so I highlighted it in my HDR video. But I didn't bother with it because I thought I was too critical. Most didn't even say anything about the noise in HDR..

Edit: I did see the noise in your HDR part of the video, I think it is boosting shadows with higher ISO above what is set in camera.

2023-4-23
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 4-23 12:12
Unfortunately I have to say that I don't know if AWB was off... Probably not.

Interesting. If I find time, I may do a stationary testrun someday (and when april is over - too fast changing lighting conditions the last days).
Would be nice to know if it really has "guerrilla WB". It does not matter that much for my workflow as I tend to have many short clips or don't film snow or weddings that often, but it's always good to know the quirks of my tool and how to avoid them. ;)
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules