RC range tweak (forced FCC instead CE) + warranty question
1937 2 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
galingas
lvl.1
Lithuania

Hello everyone!As most of the European DJI drone users, I am facing HUGE problem with signal range, doesn't matter the location.
There is a pretty innocent and easy patch for the RC firmware, which forces the FCC signal standard, and allows normal, adequate range: my colleague is using this mod and easily has around 3-5 kilometers in semi-urban areas, which is absolutely decent for the Mini3 and its battery.
However, without this hack I am only having these poor 400-1000 meters, depending on area.
The question is: is this tweak just a personal user's business, or does it also remove DJI warranty (DJI Care Refresh, components warranty, etc.)?

Second question is about flying in Europe with an EXTENDED battery. It's not officially sold in EU, but IF one is flying in EU using the extended original DJI battery, does it affect the warranty questions in any way?

2023-4-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

The warranty is not affected, but you will fly a drone of more than 250g and that will put you in a different category of what ever permit you're required to fly in the EU
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do not recommend using hacking software or app as we cannot guarantee the stability of the aircraft when using this app and you might brake some local laws and regulations about flying your aircraft. Also, the warranty may be voided once the aircraft suddenly crash due to the said 3rd party software or app. In addition, the European version of DJI Mini 3 can be used with DJI Mini 3 series Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, but the weight of the whole aircraft will no longer be in line with the C0 class identification standards if doing so. Thus it is not recommended to use DJI Mini 3 series Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules