Mavic 3 Pro compatible with DJI Goggle 2 and RC Motion 2 confirmed!!
870 26 2023-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I was just browsing on the DJI Store and noticed that the DJI Goggles 2 is listed as a Don't Miss Top Accessory.

In looking at the details of the accessory the Mavic 3 Pro is listed as a compatible device!

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.40.58 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.46.58 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.46.52 pm.png
2023-4-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

listing in the release notes for the the mavic 3, the mavic 3 pro, and the mini 3 pro.  AND, don't forget the motion controller 2.

goggles integra + mc2 ftw.
2023-4-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 4-25 06:35
listing in the release notes for the the mavic 3, the mavic 3 pro, and the mini 3 pro.  AND, don't forget the motion controller 2.

goggles integra + mc2 ftw.

What’s interesting is the firmware for the Mini 3 Pro isn’t out yet…
2023-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new firmware for all of these is listed in this form, but none of my devices see them to be able to download and install them.  
2023-4-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 07:34
The new firmware for all of these is listed in this form, but none of my devices see them to be able to download and install them.

Yes that’s true.

But I think the aircraft needs an update also.

What would like to see compatible?

I would have loved to see the Air 2s. That at least has O3+ compatibility… here I got again. I posted about this when the DJI RC got released and it took 6-8 months before the Air 2s was made compatible.
I would guess the transmission standards would be the determining factor.
2023-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 4-25 07:39
Yes that’s true.

But I think the aircraft needs an update also.

I can't get an update to show up on my Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, RC, RC-N1, or the Goggles 2.  They are all listed as having firmware updates available today according to forum posts from DJI.  However, none of them show updates from my side.
2023-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep getting errors checking for updates.  
2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 07:45
I can't get an update to show up on my Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, RC, RC-N1, or the Goggles 2.  They are all listed as having firmware updates available today according to forum posts from DJI.  However, none of them show updates from my side.

Just tried again a few minutes ago and still not getting any updates.  So I'm in the same boat as you and probably many others.  Guess DJI is rolling the updates out via regions.
2023-4-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 07:45
I can't get an update to show up on my Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, RC, RC-N1, or the Goggles 2.  They are all listed as having firmware updates available today according to forum posts from DJI.  However, none of them show updates from my side.

Yes, the same was happening with my Mini 3 Pro.
The update was there for the Goggles but it was taking a very long time to download. In 10 mins it was only at 20%. Maybe they’re coming later. It’s bold for DJI to update so many things all at the same time.
2023-4-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-25 10:00
Keep getting errors checking for updates.

Interesting, was that via the app or the DJI Virtual Assistant?
2023-4-25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

You guys must be doing something wrong or you may have a very bad Internet.. Just updated all the radios and all the drones and not a single issue... The RC Pro did take a while, but it is a very large file, so it was expected...

As usual and as reccomended by DJI I use the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer Drones Series).
2023-4-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I updated my drones / controllers using DJI Assistant 2 (btw imho  may want to uninstall and re-install "DJI Assistant 2 for consumer drones" as there is a new version of it. )
2023-4-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 4-25 18:04
I updated my drones / controllers using DJI Assistant 2 (btw imho  may want to uninstall and re-install "DJI Assistant 2 for consumer drones" as there is a new version of it. )

yep, i had 2.1.15 and current is 2.1.18; thank you!
2023-4-25
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How do i connect the googles and the motion controller 2 to the mavic 3?
2023-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 4-25 12:34
Interesting, was that via the app or the DJI Virtual Assistant?

That was both,   the advice for using assistant isn't always valid,   it finally went through over wifi,  so I think this was just a lot of people updating at once.  
2023-4-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-25 17:57
You guys must be doing something wrong or you may have a very bad Internet.. Just updated all the radios and all the drones and not a single issue... The RC Pro did take a while, but it is a very large file, so it was expected...

Your probably updating for different servers to us on the other side of the world.   
2023-4-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 00:18
That was both,   the advice for using assistant isn't always valid,   it finally went through over wifi,  so I think this was just a lot of people updating at once.

I beg to differ... Since I have start using only the DJI Assistant, I haven't had a single problem. Maybe I'm the exception... I read that comment before, but I think more people here are blaming the tool instead of themselves. I think the server is the same. The difference is in the time of the day we are on.... (mostly when the rest of the world is asleep...)
2023-4-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-26 00:32
I beg to differ... Since I have start using only the DJI Assistant, I haven't had a single problem. Maybe I'm the exception... I read that comment before, but I think more people here are blaming the tool instead of themselves. I think the server is the same. The difference is in the time of the day we are on.... (mostly when the rest of the world is asleep...)

DJI use a content delivery network to load balance which servers people connect to.

All I can say is Assistant failed for me whereas Wifi finally went through fine.
2023-4-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-26 00:40
DJI use a content delivery network to load balance which servers people connect to.

All I can say is Assistant failed for me whereas Wifi finally went through fine.

Not sure, considering the amount of people that do get "connection to the server failed" or "network unavailable"...

When upgrading a firmware, it does make sense to me using the computer instead of the device himself through WIFI... The RC PRO rebooted 4 times this morning while updating... I'm not sure how the WIFI it is handled while the unit is rebooting. The RC rebooted three times, while the RC-N1 only rebooted once...

When I tried to use the WIFI the first time I did an upgrade when I first got the drone, I got stuck because of the WIFi connection... But I don't advise people to use either as what works for you, it doesn't necessarily works for me... All I know is that with Assistant 2 it has been a piece of cake to update the lot...

2023-4-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 4-26 01:05
Not sure, considering the amount of people that do get "connection to the server failed" or "network unavailable"...

When upgrading a firmware, it does make sense to me using the computer instead of the device himself through WIFI... The RC PRO rebooted 4 times this morning while updating... I'm not sure how the WIFI it is handled while the unit is rebooting. The RC rebooted three times, while the RC-N1 only rebooted once...

Hi,

I was experiencing the “network unavailable” last night.
My think was server issues.

I do like the Assistant way of updating and like the plug and play method.
However, I did have an odd experience where the Assistant didn’t have an update but the app did, is that odd?

I get worried when I update the Mini 3 Pro and how it just turns off and not reboot by it self… or is that just me.

I appreciate your in put. Whatever method works it the best method.
2023-4-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Mini-G Posted at 4-26 02:01
Hi,

I was experiencing the “network unavailable” last night.

Downloading at night here, it means peak time for the rest of the world.. You should try to download and updates early in the morning AEST, when "they" are asleep... It is a server issue as it gets overloaded by requests...

The unit rebooting is normal and need it, to update the firmware...

If the update is not available in the Assistant 2, just wait another day and normally it will show up...

You know the saying:  "She will be right"
2023-4-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 4-26 02:13
Downloading at night here, it means peak time for the rest of the world.. You should try to download and updates early in the morning AEST, when "they" are asleep... It is a server issue as it gets overloaded by requests...

The unit rebooting is normal and need it, to update the firmware...

That makes sense, and how when I tried to update last night 12 am AEST, it was very slow!!

Thanks for the heads up.
2023-4-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-25 17:57

Sorry, but no, you are making many incorrect assumptions. Firstly, DJI does not specifically recommend using Assistant 2 over an OTA update via DJI Fly.  Don’t believe me?  Watch DJI’s launch video from yesterday (or any of their other recent drone launch videos):  

Secondly, I was not doing anything wrong, and I suspect others were not either.  My internet connection was also just fine.  But, good on you for being amazing while the rest of us are idiots.
2023-4-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-25 18:31
yep, i had 2.1.15 and current is 2.1.18; thank you!

You are welcome bud.

Best, Mike.
2023-4-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ulven Posted at 4-25 22:47
How do i connect the googles and the motion controller 2 to the mavic 3?

Please check this video, as far as I understand they need to be linked together just like Goggles 2 or Integra:

2023-4-26
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

thanks, ill try this
2023-4-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 4-26 03:58
Sorry, but no, you are making many incorrect assumptions. Firstly, DJI does not specifically recommend using Assistant 2 over an OTA update via DJI Fly.  Don’t believe me?  Watch DJI’s launch video from yesterday (or any of their other recent drone launch videos):  https://youtu.be/1IUFqGeHKtw

Secondly, I was not doing anything wrong, and I suspect others were not either.  My internet connection was also just fine.  But, good on you for being amazing while the rest of us are idiots.

I never said that everybody are idiots and I'm sorry that you think you are one, but I didn't put you in that position...

I didn't watch the "promotional" video, but I have been reading nearly every single reply offered by the admins, in regard to this matter on this forum, and I can't help it, if they do suggest to try the window software

Just think for a second... You are saying that you are not doing anything wrong, and yet, you can't update..

Unless you are getting one of the usual errors (network unavailable, in which case you already know what you should do), think again...

2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules