Newbie and Mavic 3 Enterprise
583 5 2023-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi everyone
Just thought i would pop on and say hello.
Having just purchased a Mavic 3E. i have flown it a few times, only had it a couple of days. One thing i am unsure of...i notice a beep every so often, all batteries and firmware etc etc are fine, its as if its a result of the camera focussing??? i could be wrong however...any suggestions...its not like an alarm or anything and the drone seems to fly fine..
2023-4-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cycle through the three focus options. I usually leave it on manual and keep it on Infinity. Or just mute the RC. Far less distracting that way.
2023-4-27
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-27 04:54
Cycle through the three focus options. I usually leave it on manual and keep it on Infinity. Or just mute the RC. Far less distracting that way.

Many thanks, as a new user and new to drones i was worried it may have been something else
2023-4-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 4-27 05:01
Many thanks, as a new user and new to drones i was worried it may have been something else

Yep, Pilot 2 does that real high pitched shriek every time AF finds a new happy place.  : )  And if you ever want to be truly ready to kill a drone, leave it on autofocus while orbiting a POI.....  

2023-4-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChrisNDSFB Posted at 4-27 05:01

No problem. The M3E still has a focusing bug where it will adjust at random times. Even on manual focus I will have it set and it will jump back a few notches at random. For survey grade results you want to capture all images on a single focus setting. It doesn't matter which one, usually infinity is best. DJI still won't even acknowledge this issue.
Regarding the sound you're hearing, I'm guessing you have it on continuous autofocus. If you don't feel comfortable muting the RC you can at least turn down the volume. All the sounds get annoying/distracting after a while. Especially when most of them are unnecessary.
2023-4-27
Use props
ChrisNDSFB
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-27 06:05
No problem. The M3E still has a focusing bug where it will adjust at random times. Even on manual focus I will have it set and it will jump back a few notches at random. For survey grade results you want to capture all images on a single focus setting. It doesn't matter which one, usually infinity is best. DJI still won't even acknowledge this issue.
Regarding the sound you're hearing, I'm guessing you have it on continuous autofocus. If you don't feel comfortable muting the RC you can at least turn down the volume. All the sounds get annoying/distracting after a while. Especially when most of them are unnecessary.

Thanks everyone, i am just getting started on the drone journey, mainly for my job, so wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something, i can relax now. Thank you
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules