Drone skin recommendation to improv VLOS?
1279 9 2023-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

Does anyone have any drone skin recommendations that would clearly improve VLOS?

My biggest fear is getting hit with a fine when I can't see the drone by eyesight alone even though i know it's exact position and co-ordinates.

TIA,

Ronin

2023-4-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Green, orange, and red against the sky are the easiest to see for me and that is backed up by two eye doctors I queried on this issue.  
2023-4-27
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-27 12:26
Green, orange, and red against the sky are the easiest to see for me and that is backed up by two eye doctors I queried on this issue.

Thank you.

I do believe Neon green is the easiest to see as per my research.

I just want to make sure i can fly some good missions while maintaining vlos.

Allot of game wardens / etc around here and a $5K fine would leave me homeless at this point in time lol.

Personally I think if you are in a remote area at a certain altitude VLOS should not be required, as long as telemetry readings are accurate.
2023-4-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-27 12:36
Thank you.

I do believe Neon green is the easiest to see as per my research.

You're welcome.  I have used all 3 colors and you are right about neon green being the easiest on my old eyes to see.  
2023-4-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have chose accents neon green for my next drone (mavic3) skins.  i got them from here (also available on amazon):

https://wrapgrade.jp/en/products ... iant=42819522527462
2023-4-27
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

The Saint Posted at 4-27 12:49
i have chose accents neon green for my next drone (mavic3) skins.  i got them from here (also available on amazon):

https://wrapgrade.jp/en/products ... iant=42819522527462

Thanks.

The link to the international store gives a 404 web error.

Shipping from .JP might be a little cost prohibitive.
2023-4-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-27 12:54
Thanks.

The link to the international store gives a 404 web error.

sorry about that, yeah it's a small package the the cost is totally management in today's world, probably even free, i forget.  anyway:  https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=wrapgr ... ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_2_9
2023-4-27
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

The Saint Posted at 4-27 12:56
sorry about that, yeah it's a small package the the cost is totally management in today's world, probably even free, i forget.  anyway:  https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=wrapgrade+dji+mini+2&crid=A2Q0V5UYEWAD&sprefix=wrapglade%2Caps%2C134&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_2_9

No worries.

Unfortunately as it has been for months it seems next to impossible to get a NEON green skin.

They seem to offer every other color but that one, and just full wraps no accent wraps.

I do thank you for your input and help.
2023-4-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-27 13:00
No worries.

Unfortunately as it has been for months it seems next to impossible to get a NEON green skin.

you're welcome and you are correct.  i wanted it badly enough so i wrote to them earlier this year thru their amazon portal:

A seller answered your question,
"where is neon green, don't see it listed?"
Wrapgrade Japan answered:
"Hello, sorry Neon Green is currently out of stock on amazon.com. We will send the inventory to amazon fulfillment center next week. It will be available about in 2-4 weeks. Thank you."

2023-4-27
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

The Saint Posted at 4-27 13:03
you're welcome and you are correct.  i wanted it badly enough so i wrote to them earlier this year thru their amazon portal:

Thanks for the heads up. If i see it I will grab one.
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules