Heading lock not so great.
338 7 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikemccaffrey
lvl.1
United States

This hyperlapse was shot over 30 minutes and there's a lot of yaw. I didn't touch the controls for the duration. Is this normal or acceptable? It kind of ruins the whole thing. I noticed this happens all the time regardless of mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml6x3lu5foe5gdq/DJI_0164.MP4?dl=0

2023-4-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

As one of the options: strong wind or wind with gusts. Once I got into turbulence where the drone couldn't fly straight, the whole sky was shaky.
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. We're sorry, but the video cannot be accessed from our end. Please upload it to this link instead for further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 4-28 20:46
As one of the options: strong wind or wind with gusts. Once I got into turbulence where the drone couldn't fly straight, the whole sky was shaky.

+1 on strong wind

If you look halfway nearly on the edge on the left side of the video, you can see smoke getting taken away horizontally...

That does give you an indication of how strong the wind was....
2023-4-28
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

You basically are wanting to shoot timelpase by expecting the drone to remain still while flying, thats not going to happen.

Hyperlapse is when the camera is moving while its shooting, so if you move forward or in circle or sideways you will get a much better results.

Wind can still create gust which can ruin the hyperlpase.
2023-4-28
Use props
mikemccaffrey
lvl.1
United States

Ranjan Posted at 4-28 22:30
You basically are wanting to shoot timelpase by expecting the drone to remain still while flying, thats not going to happen.

Hyperlapse is when the camera is moving while its shooting, so if you move forward or in circle or sideways you will get a much better results.

That's a solid answer I was looking for. Thanks.
2023-4-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I shoot sunset timelapses all the time. As long as the wind is not too strong, they are very stable. I also shoot Hyperlapses, wind can make them a little shaky as well.
2023-4-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Perfectly possible to stabilise out  most of that motion in Premiere or Resolve though.
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules